More Mezco HEROES Figures Shown At Toy Fair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i haven't even seen the protos for those yet... they're still pretty early in development, so it will probably be a while. They aren't even on the release date schedule yet...

Thanks for the clarification. I saw that the Flying Peter was reported at 7 inch and got nervous. For some reason I must prefer the 3 and 3/4 inch.. must be all those years of Star Wars and GI Joe.

Store Exclusive Variants announced (these for Toys R Us)...

Fire-Rescue Claire:
clairevariant.jpg

Fire-Rescue Claire features the Texas teenager in her iconic cheerleader outfit from the scene where she rescues a fireman and risks revealing her powers. The figure boasts over 9 points of articulation and comes complete with a miniature reproduction painting by award- winning artist Tim Sale depicting the dramatic rescue scene.

Consipated... err, Times Square Teleportation Hiro:
hirovariant.jpg

Times Square Teleportation Hiro features the Japanese office drone in the iconic scene where he teleports to New York’s legendary Times Square in front of the famous Toys “R” Us flagship store. Hiro comes complete with an alternate head, his ever present messenger bag, a Times Square backdrop, and his highly detailed sword of Takezo Kensei.

Jehovah these look like ^^^^. What is sad though is I'm starved for Heroes stuff I'll probably get a couple just to have some merchandise. :( I really wish a company would nab and announce they have the 1/6 line and save me from these Mezco rejects.

Mezco doesn't seem to be turning out as nice of quality figures when it comes to the realistic looking lines, but their stylized stuff is very nice.

I don't get the hate over these. Most companies that go for super-realistic small scale action figures end up looking terrible. Usually even when the sculpt is great it gets marred by factory paint ops. There are a lot of great Neca and Mcfarlane sculpts that look awful in hand.
Mezco has thier stylized stuff, usually larger roto, and then thier 6-7 inchers that are somewhere between real and caricature. It doesn't look like a perfect facsimile, but it's clear who it is. I prefer it to a bad attempt at "realistic."
And as for Hiro's teleporting face, it looks awful on TV...why would the action figure look any better?

Yeah, these are the 7" ones... which is the standard scale for Mezco.

I really wish companies would realize that 7 inch lines, especially large ones like Heroes could be sucks up shelf space FAST. That's why I've always preferred 3 3/4 over 7 inch scale figures.

I really wish companies would realize that 7 inch lines, especially large ones like Heroes could be sucks up shelf space FAST. That's why I've always preferred 3 3/4 over 7 inch scale figures.

buy more shelves :)

when i was in college, cinder blocks and 2x4's were free at constructions sites... makes for great shelving ;)

Again, don't have my own place. So no amount of extra shelving is going to help me. And even still it doesn't address the original point that in large collections the 7 inch scale eats up shelf space. Even when I get my own place, my g/f already said that I have one room and MAYBE a basement if the place we get has one, nothing else.

3 3/4 is strictly for the kids. With the 7 inch you can get more detail that the collector demands, but isn't all that important to kids. But as far as I'm concerned, Mezco is missing the boat big time in the scale department with doing 9" mixed media figures instead of 12".

Back