1/6 Hot Toys - Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom - Black Manta Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Black Manta has long been regarded as one of Aquaman's greatest adversaries, driven by a deep-seated hatred for the King of Atlantis. For many years, the true identity and motives of Black Manta remained shrouded in mystery, concealed behind his imposing oversized helmet. However, in more recent times, Black Manta's true motivations have been revealed, shedding light on the depth of his animosity towards Aquaman.

Today, Hot Toys is thrilled to officially introduce Black Manta as 1/6th scale collectible figure from the Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom!
The collectible figure is expertly crafted based on the appearance of Black Manta in the movie. It features a newly crafted metallic silver Black Manta helmet with red LED light-up function, also interchangeable battle damaged eyes. His iconic suit is skillfully tailored through specialized material to enhance articulation range, comes with a LED lighted accelerator backpack which is an essential part of his outfit design. Along with a splittable Trident in black and an additional one in translucent green that mimics the activation of the trident, interchangeable hands and a base for display.

Expand your DC collection with the Black Manta figure’s formidable presence!

XuZN0HE.jpg
kgbTqXj.jpg
Lh0NS6M.jpg
XvBMXzl.jpg
AEX6lAe.jpg
g6URHK7.jpg
QzPi01v.jpg
qg54Zr7.jpg
xZyazja.jpg
pZZNZTn.jpg
D7TGtze.jpg
jOOEPYJ.jpg
Lng54j5.jpg

Last edited:
Guess this means they don't want to bother getting any likeness rights for this movie.

Guess this means they don't want to bother getting any likeness rights for this movie.
Pretty much. They made this so that they don't have to deal with doing a sculpt for it. It's probably the only figure you're gonna see from this movie. I'd be surprised if they did Aquaman but who knows. Not sure who even wants one.

I mean I would think most people buying it would display it with the helmet anyways but it would be nice to have the sculpt too. I think it looks good but no interest from me.

Even if there’s not an Aquaman made from the new movie it can easily pair with one of the other versions since Manta was in both movies.

Looks really good but agree that it sorta sucks that there’s no Yahya Abdul-Mateen sculpt even if that isn’t the main display option.

I do wonder if this will get Mars Toys to cancel their long overdue Aquaman 1 Black Manta figure? Would be funny if that was the only reason HT made this.

Like others have said, I don’t see HT going for Aquaman either. I honestly forgot about this movie until I saw this post :LOL:

This is cool, but no aquaman might not care enough. I'd be willing to make a final Snyderversed DC shelf with the new BvS Batman 2.0 and The Flash figures, (Both Batmen and Flash) and their soon to be shown BvS Superman 2.0 and hopefully wonderwoman 2.0 from BvS also. I wonder if we'll get updated figure from ZSJL. I feel they need figure for DC in order for them to hold on to the liesences longer for future DCU movies.

I don’t think HT has ever made a villain over the main hero have they? Really odd but looks great. Comic booky enough to go in a comic display without entirely screaming DCEU.

Wonder if Arthur will be revealed later?
Besides Joker, Harley and Deadshot from Suicide Squad.

HT is not going to even try with this figure.

I feel sorry for the people that actually care about this character/movie. No, not that I feel sorry for them that they liked this terrible movie, but I feel sorry for them that they will be POing a figure HT will take no care in.

Also a "hero"
But really the last one in recent memory that was a strange one-off without the logical companion figures. I thought for sure Harley would eventually happen but those BoP figures must have really tanked. I suppose Peacemaker is a companion figure despite technically coming from his TV show. Might as well make Manta an honorary Squad member. Heck, he’s probably been on the squad at some point in the comics.

I always liked Black Manta as a kid but the movie suit looks so silly and uninteresting from a technological standpoint; there's so much possibility with that suit.

Well, they were the ‘heroes’ of the movie, but HT did still make a Suicide Squad Batman.

I guess Manta will join the random one-off group with King Shark.
Black Adam also would be a villain but in the film he's the hero of course.

Back