1/6 Hot Toys - Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom - Black Manta Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evolution_of_black_manta_in_media_by_stuart1001_dcsiuef-fullview.jpg

dd3yqxg-57f9151f-fa1b-495a-90c4-3782fb4d5abc.png

OK it's a faithful look that gives me 1950s B movie vibes lol. I may be in the minority but I just thought the all-black look made for a cooler, more badass Black Manta.
I do agree with you on that one. When I saw the first Aquaman film, I wished they had went with the chrome helmet, but the all black had a nice modern take on the suit, it looked more practical, and yes mean looking. I wish they had made that version back then.I would be lying if I said I don't like this.

This looks great and would be a lovely addition to any DC antagonist shelf.

So the lineup currently (and in the future) on my Suicide Squad shelf:

- Deadshot
- Harley
- Peacemaker
- Black Manta
Even though WW84 didn't do well, I wish a Cheetah figure would have been made, maybe an Artisan-like version. Another film that didn't do well was Green Lantern, but would've liked Mark Strong's Sinestro. Those films weren't well loved, but had some nice villains that would've translated well as collectibles. I would've put Black Manta in this trio. There was an episode of Challenge of the Superfriends when these 3 opposed the rest of the Legion of Doom. I believe they were abandoned in battle or something.

Back