Modifying Your Hot Toys TDK Suit Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just added a nice touch to mine. It's not for any posing or picture-taking purposes, mind. It's just a personal touch for when your playing with it. I ran over the area around his eyes with a small-point felt pen, making it glossy and as if he actually has black facepaint over them, seeing as it's initially the same color as the mask itself.

I sort of did something similar, mainly to paint out some of the corners of the eyes, mainly because the eyes are really too wide and too much pink on the sides. Tiny bit of black made the eyes narrower, and more realistic when there are less pink. But all the paint and markers I tried made the eye socket too reflective/glossy. Very distracting. So have to add some black pastel around the eye socket to minimized the gloss. So now, mine has slightly smaller eyes, different black on the eye socket, but without being too glossy. The over glossy marker can make Batman looks like he is crying or sweating under the cowl. :lol

I've picked the best clearest ones. There's originally 9.

dctrainer said:
Hey Guys, I wanted to share some PIcs of what happens when a DC Direct Body suit and body armor are cmbined and bashed with the Hot Toys version. The results look more movie accurate in my opinion but feel free to look for yourself. Basically DC black body suit ( refitted with Fabric glue) guantlets wer cut out to see through slits, Hot Toys leg armor was cut and glued to body suit, real elastic bands on upper arm armor and chest, DC abdominal armor glued to 1/8 black elasic bands, added new cape made from a micro sued material and larger. Enjoy. I could not be more pleased. Even has better articulation than HT rubber suit.
David in FL

That looks alright, I guess. I don't know, the HT one still looks better to me. I don't like how glaringly obvious it is that the DCD one is two separate suits, you know what I mean? There's too much visual disparity between the body suit and the armor for me...plus it looks too toy-like, for lack of a better term.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The cuts don't quite look machine cut. The DCD suit is all shiny plastic. As you said because of that the toy look appears.

Thats one thing I love what Hot Toys has done, it's all matte because it is rubber.

He has also given the impression of action man now with that drastic mod.

I think the Batman craze is over now, seems to be all Joker related.

Great effort on that mod, but it didn't quite fix the short comings of the HT, while introducing new issues from the DCD suit. It looks good, but not so much an improvement. More like a different take, with the now shiny srmor pieces that look more separated and layered on the under suit, but less of an ideal fit compare to the rubber suit HT has, since its all molded together. Nice to see this mod regardless.

this thread is great! i may be taking the task on if medicom doesnt come thru with what looks to be a SPOT ON CAPTURE of TDK. received the HT version and is way bulky. looks like hes gonna get posed on the batpod :)

I remember someone mentioned possibly doing that mod, well now I can see for myself it sucks. I don't like it at all. It actually makes the figure MORE bulky especially in the legs! Then there's the problem with the gloved hands: since he used real mesh/fabric for the body it makes the HT hands (which is ALL sculpted plastic) look completely out of place. Almost like Batman has on some latex doctor gloves. I appreciate the skill and creativity that went into that mod but I'm not feeling the end result.

I think that's the guy who shaved down the chest/rib cage and yes almost the entire ass to make everything slimmer. He modified the neck so the head could lean forward more. He put some paper in the legs (I believe around the calves) so they would be bigger and wider and then finally he put a screw in the head (on the inside) to widen it. Check out the TDK Mod thread or the other TDK figure thread that got locked. All the photos and english translation of the mods are in there.

This is the Best Batman pic i have seen so far.
His batman look slimmer than mine batman. I guess he mod the neck and chest or something else?
tdk2tinvf3.jpg

That batman is the 2nd batch batman. You can tell from the chest piece size. But some people went to a lot of trouble by taking the costume pieces off and sanding the base body, especially in the chest and abdominal area, to get the figure look better.

Back