Modifying Your Hot Toys TDK Suit Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also received this batman from a regular customer 2 days ago to get it modified. He complained that the chest is 2 'big' and it also have a 'belly' which spoil the whole image of the figure but he did not mention to modified the neck. Funny??? So I removed all chest parts and the rubber suit slowly and file the chest and stomach area flat then sand it smooth. The suit is also quite big and loose so I cut up the back of the rubber suit and pull it tighter than glue back again carefully. These are pics of the modified area and I hope these help those who wanna slim down the body so that it looks perfect when putting on the chest armour. On top of that, my customer also requested to make a Dark Knight helmet so he can pose the figure with Christian Bale's head and holding the bat cowl/helmet on his hand. So I used the same head and make a mould then cast it out in good quality resin. Of coz, I cut out the eyes and mouth area then painted it black. Anyone interested in this TDK bat helmet can PM me, thanks!!!

TDK_custom-1.jpg

TDK_custom-2.jpg

TDK_custom-3.jpg

Regards,
Jon

oh wow, i didn't know you can take the suit off THAT way. but...won't it stretch? is the opening big enough?

taking it off that way wouldn't require takng off the glued part would it ?.
Or am I wrong ?

Do you mind telling us what glue you used customworkz ?.

Also ( sorry for all the questions ) isn't it possible gluing the suit down tighter might make it wear away faster ?.

Awesome photos !. Thanks for the help !. :rock

Oh of coz u have to be very careful when removing the rubber suit. One arm at a time. Tighten down the suit will not wear it down, no worries and it's still having great articulation. I am using a very strong bond liquid glue(imported from Japan) that can glue almost anything!!! I tried gluing resin parts, wood, stone, fine metal sheets, vinyl parts, leather, rubber, etc... I am selling these glue at my workshop too! Anyone interested in this glue can also PM me, thanks!!! :D

Regards,
Jon

Oh yes! Taking the suit off this way will sure removed all glued parts at the waist area. That's y u have to removed the glued section 1st then pull the suit downwards. After the modification, u will have to glued them back to match the suit design too. The glue I used sticks very strong and will not melt the rubber suit.

Regards,
Jon

Last edited:
Oh yes! Taking the suit off this way will sure removed all glued parts at the wait area. That's y u have to removed the glued section 1st then pull the sit downwards. After the modification, u will have to glued them back to match the suit design too. The glue I used sticks very strong and will not melt the rubber suit.

Regards,
Jon

Thanks for the replys ! :rock :D

i can't see the beer belly on mine maybe i got luck or just can't see it
100_0686.jpg

100_0687.jpg

100_0688.jpg

I wouldn't say the " beer belly " as its been nicknamed is in fact a beer belly , for me and as you said you its not visible from the side much unless you look very carefully. Its like the stomach area is looser than the rest and a little more chubbier since this is the hip area on the body underneath.

It annoys me too, specially the fact that Medicom seem to have that very accurately done. But I would not dare attempt doing something like that myself, I think i'll get over the slight inaccuracy. Also, I think HT made a concious decision not to go with the armour plates over fabric route because it would have limited poseability. And with extreme poses the armour plates would probably have popped off.

Just out of curiosity, how would a mesh fabric material limit the poseability. I always assumed it would give the figure more posability over rubber. It's not that I don't belive you (I do) I'm just wondering. And what about using a stronger adhesive like an epoxy instead of glue to prevent the armor pieces from falling off.

he meant limited the poseability because depending on how Medicom does the plates(hard plastic or softer material) bending the joints and stuff could cause the plates to come off.

The Medicom TDK suit is my most anticipated figure and I really hope they deliver on it. :(

he meant limited the poseability because depending on how Medicom does the plates(hard plastic or softer material) bending the joints and stuff could cause the plates to come off.

The Medicom TDK suit is my most anticipated figure and I really hope they deliver on it. :(

Yes that is exactly what I meant.

I will also pick up the Medicom one if they deliver on the proto pics. They look too good to be true.

Newbie here. Hope I can get the HT TDK in December when it comes out here in Canada.

And thanks to all of you who posted the mods. I'm sure to do it immediately when the figure gets here.

Hi guys! First post.

Anyway, another small gripe about this figure is that the garters attaching his shoulder pads to his chest plate are merely stuck on with glue. The moment I saw that, I thought "Well THAT can't be good...". So while I was raising his arm, one of them snapped of. I tried supergluing it back on to no avail. I have it secured now with some pretty strong tape but I still have to be careful with posing.

Just another warning guys :D

This is my first Hot Toys figure and I have to say, that garter thing kinda disappointed me. Hot Toys, to me, has always been one of those unbelievably great toy makers. Add that to my dad hyping up those Appleseed figures, my expectations for the Dark Knight toys. I figured they'd be flawless all throughout.

Still, this figure's amazing. It's totally awesome and I'm so glad I got it.

QUICK MAINTENANCE QUESTION: I heard somewhere that the rubber might end up cracking in the future, and I think that's a high possibility here where I live (The Philippines) where it can get pretty hot. Could any of you please recommend a kind of spray or something that'll keep the rubber nice and elastic?

I've been modding a different True Type body. I sanded the front flat and I also sanded the area between the neck and shoulders down. Haven't had the guts to take the suit off. Mostly because I don't know what glue I should use. Don't need the rubber eaten away.

I'm looking more forward to seeing how Medicom's turns out. It already seems it will be larger so it should fit in well with HT. Maybe even use the HT head on it.

I wish HT had gone the fabric route with the armor on that. Would have payed a bit more, too.

Maybe even use the HT head on it.

If the final product looks anything like the proto you shouldn't have to since the Medicom prototype cowl looks more accurate than the HT version imo.

Batman-1.jpg

Same with the suit. It just all depends on how close to the prototype the final product comes. Hopefully it won't disappoint like the Medicom Two(many pieces of bubble yum splattered across the burned side of the)Face figure. :D

TDK_custom-3.jpg

um.. suit looks better but what's up with the giraffe neck!?

The armored neck is made solely for the Batman cowl head, the Bruce head doesn't even fully sit on the ball joint, and even on there, looks horrible as you can see.

I just added a nice touch to mine. It's not for any posing or picture-taking purposes, mind. It's just a personal touch for when your playing with it. I ran over the area around his eyes with a small-point felt pen, making it glossy and as if he actually has black facepaint over them, seeing as it's initially the same color as the mask itself.

Back