Modifying Your Hot Toys TDK Suit Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snake, did you just use regular sandpaper to sand everything down or did you use something special?

I modified the living crap out of my TDK BB suit Bats to give him a better looking cape, but I don't know how comfortable I am doing anything this extensive to the TDK suit one, especially the removal of the armor.

Hey cr0w. Just plain old regular sand paper. Well actually it was one of those small foam blocks covered in sand paper - gave more precision.

doing the mod now, thks for posting the reference pics, sure helps alot!
The beer belly is seriously bothering me.......continue to sand!

just got my tdk in the mail this morning. so stoked. i didnt even sleep at all last night its a great day for me. selling my old laptop, using the cash to get a new hd monitor and then getting a headset finally for xbox 360, and then sandpaper and glue to do some minor mods on the fig. i havent even opened it or taken it out of its sleeve. i want to savor it until later on. once its done im gonna set up some pics. then im going to sculpt a little crowbar and then set up some shots for the final battle. woot!

I'm not sure if this is the thread to ask this question, but I don't know where else to turn!

I received my Dark Knight figure, and the ball-bearing that connects the hand to the forearm (the tiny ball with the two knobs) broke in half. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement one? Thank you. Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask.

I never said I broke it. I said it broke. The ball-bearing actually came broken. I opened the clear plastic shield, and the hand rolled out of the box. And the box was SEALED. It was not tampered with beforehand, which points directly back to Hoy Toys and the manufacturing

So now that you're done coming up with reasons why people break things in a hurry, maybe you can give me advice for replacing it.

I never said I broke it. I said it broke. The ball-bearing actually came broken. I opened the clear plastic shield, and the hand rolled out of the box. And the box was SEALED. It was not tampered with beforehand, which points directly back to Hoy Toys and the manufacturing

So now that you're done coming up with reasons why people break things in a hurry, maybe you can give me advice for replacing it.

This is clearly a manufacturing problem. I would suggest that you bring it back to the retailer you got from and ask for an exchange or contact hot toys directly for a replacement.

Hope you get something sorted out.

Thank you Kazukijun

I already contacted Hot Toys and am awaiting their response. It's such a small piece, I was just hoping to buy it from somewhere, to save on shipping the whole package back. Is there anyone that sells these small pieces?

No probs!

I dont think you will need to send the whole thing back,I believe Hot toys should be able to just send you the hand peg itself. Do take pictures of the damage part, so that they are able to determine how to help you.

I had the same part break on me on my original suit (yeah, it was my fault, although I do maintain that the plastic in those wrist pegs can be quite brittle, and when those hands are so tight and hard to change...)

Anyway, I emailed Hot Toys twice and never received an answer. Ended up having to buy the part for waaaaaay too much money on eBay. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I had the same part break on me on my original suit (yeah, it was my fault, although I do maintain that the plastic in those wrist pegs can be quite brittle, and when those hands are so tight and hard to change...)

Anyway, I emailed Hot Toys twice and never received an answer. Ended up having to buy the part for waaaaaay too much money on eBay. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Back