MMS83 - Hellboy II – HELLBOY figure Spec and Hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tell me about it. :lol
This year has sucked for collecting !.
Too many awesome movies , thats the problem.

Terminator 4 next year. :banghead:horror
It really might just be " judgment day " for me. :lol

2009 already has Watchmen and Star Trek lined up for me. Thankfully those may be the only two big movies coming out that would force me to buy collectibles. Of course, the odds of there being decent 1/6th Star Trek offerings are pretty slim, so Watchmen may be it.

I'm usually the one who's unimpressed, so before the others start hitting you with sticks----

What do you not like about it?

Lol, i dont like the face the ears are to big on Hellboy and Abe Sapien got a small head, i really like the work in the bodies, the sculpt on both is cool but they got some minor errors that i dont like.

I just saw these now at Toys2, amazing looking pieces but just too bad Hot Toys decided to inflate price at such a ridiculous rate. I just bought my Rocky III for $99, that was in the early summer. $165? pass.

passing on abe, but definitely picking up hb. huuugee improvement over the ss one

The only thing I've found is that the Angel of Death is between 9 and 10 feet which would make it about 18" to 20" tall but her wingspan was huge about four or five feet which would be a massive piece....

Basically about the size of a PF. Like Sauron.

Lol, i dont like the face the ears are to big on Hellboy and Abe Sapien got a small head, i really like the work in the bodies, the sculpt on both is cool but they got some minor errors that i dont like.

If you say so, but I personally think these are the best Hellboy and Abe sculpts I've ever seen, in any size. It's sad when a 12" figure blows a life-sized bust out of the water, but that's what has happened here.

To date, the best Hellboy out there has been the custom with moveable eyes produced in very limited numbers by Gorae (Sang-Hyam Kim)...Now this comes along and it makes Gorae's look...wait a minute...

:naughty

...well, whadya know. Look who sculpted the Hot Toys Hellboy. "Gorae SH Kim." Hot Toys went to the guy who'd proven he could do it best. Smart.
I think it's awesome that Hot Toys recognized Gorae's skills as a customizer and brought him in to do this. That shows that Hot Toys is not afraid to recruit new people to improve their products. :clap

Store display pics from toy-world.

20081128_53f6891e8004de21f8d1VhPXWLXaw4sd.jpg
Damn, I didn't think it was possible for these to look better than the proto pictures but they do!! So glad I am copping these!! :rock

i rank this hellboy right up there with the iron man mark III & I....as a must have,.....until HT puts out something even more kickass :cool: !!!!

Does anyone think the right hand looks a bit too big in that picture?

Does anyone think the right hand looks a bit too big in that picture?

I thought it actually looked alot bigger in hellboy 2 than 1 ( the movie ).
I think thats about right to be honest. If you look at it when hellboy and wink smash fists together it actually looks massive. :horror:banana

20081128_c10ac0b1c8b4e034298cCryYGXJYZsCQ.jpg

20081128_d40bb9f2390536c4bbd8DmXrRNjQG4tZ.jpg

20081128_aa5da98c20320490f400osuxzoD65IeZ.jpg

I love the new pictures of these guys especially Hellboy... the lighting is more natural and less harsh. However he does look a little less red. :horror

But because of the expensive nature of these two pieces, I'm considering cancelling the Hellboy II PF I currently have on pre-order. I sure hope it doesn't come to that. :(

Back