1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS204-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

Someone needs to change the MMS# in the thread title b/c MMS204 is taken by the Robocop ED-209 thing or whatever it's called (sorry not a huge robocop fan)

Exactly! Why would anyone want Clark Kent or Zod as an EX? Those should be regular MMS releases

Another thing to keep in mind is the backlog. This might not be a brand new figure with a brand new sculpt, but wouldn't people rather they allocate their resources to getting caught up, rather than to creating a brand new, limited Con Exclusive?

Your post should have said:

"Another thing to keep in mind is the backlog. This might not be a brand new figure with a brand new sculpt, but wouldn't people rather they allocate their resources to getting caught up with all the remaining Iron Man suits from Iron Man 3, rather than to creating a brand new, limited Con Exclusive?"

I don't know. I think they talk too much. I think IM is pretty much done, for right now. Naturally, they're going to milk the hell out of it, but I think it'll be a while before we see Power Pose MK 78.

So does this answer the question as to what type of exclusive will the offer for DC comics ?

They should have roughed it up a bit more like this:

315747_277931842241658_1990062512_n.jpg

The base is the only thing I want. Damn all to hell!

Yeah man that custom was done way back when they first released superman looks good but dam the base it is nice I must say I hate how Hot Toys still gives us these standard bases only to reserve the nice ones for exclusives at these prices we should be getting interconnecting bases as well as background included in all the figures.

I am calling it now, as if it was not obvious , black suit Man of steel next years exclusive

I just watched the scene, and he never looked that filthy.:dunno

Someone needs to change the MMS# in the thread title b/c MMS204 is taken by the Robocop ED-209 thing or whatever it's called (sorry not a huge robocop fan)

Will do. That was just a guess. What is the MMS # for this then?

I don't know. I think they talk too much. I think IM is pretty much done, for right now. Naturally, they're going to milk the hell out of it, but I think it'll be a while before we see Power Pose MK 78.

They teased the Mandarin but we haven't seen that yet.

So does this answer the question as to what type of exclusive will the offer for DC comics ?

It's safe to say yes.

I just watched the scene, and he never looked that filthy.:dunno
Not filthy to that extent but more than what they're doing. Not to mention it's not even a different sculpt. He doesn't look "evil" at all.

Congrats to those who want another Reeve figure though. Shame that all they did was slap a 5 o clock shadow to him. Seems like these are just the left overs from the regular first release.

Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

Whaa? I'd like an evil Superman but this is just disappointing! I've seen better customs than these!

Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

While a good idea for an exclusive, without a resculpted head, I won't be picking this up.

Not filthy to that extent but more than what they're doing. Not to mention it's not even a different sculpt. He doesn't look "evil" at all.

Congrats to those who want another Reeve figure though. Shame that all they did was slap a 5 o clock shadow to him. Seems like these are just the left overs from the regular first release.

Not really. The suit is about right from the "flying" pic, and his five o'clock shadow was nowhere near as heavy as those customs make it out to be. I'm fine with it not being a different sculpt, but I do agree that it could be more "evil" looking. All it would take is to repaint the eyebrows to be more "scowly," like those customs, so that's kind of a shame.

I think this is a great figure for an exclusive. Something some people would be interested in and something some people will find is an easy pass.
The only reason I'm even considering getting this is because a) I don't have a Reeve Superman already b) I'm thinking I want one to go with the eventual release of the Batman Returns Batman c) Superman III is my favorite of the old Reeve movies (Yes. I am serious. And yes, I am saying that with a straight face.)
Will have to see prices and how it fits into my spending schedule but I'm thinking I want this. It would be even better if he came with some "evil" accessories though.

And if this was a figure everyone wanted, people would be complaining how it wasn't a regular release that's easily accessible.

Seriously... this is fine for a LIMITED EXCLUSIVE.

:slap:slap:slap

I'm a big fan of the Reeve Superman for nostalgia reasons, but I've already got the definitive version of him so unless they come out with a quality Clark Kent (with a new headsculpt, different hair part, no S curl) I'm done with the Reeve line. For me, evil, drunk 5-oclock shadow Superman has always been:

ezpass.jpg

even before it was announced. I just never had any interest in this version of the figure.

I wonder how this'll look fighting the Routh Kent figure.

Official pics are up.

1009766_10151485584687344_995165231_n.jpg

999036_10151485584717344_50476718_n.jpg

993610_10151485584922344_1469184628_n.jpg

996511_10151485584712344_1955700544_n.jpg

Welcome! :wave

Back