1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS204-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

people did customs that looked WAY better than that.

6430643421_7d9bc1764c_z.jpg

That was my first thought. I'll have no particular regrets about having to pass on this.

I'd rather see Clark Kent or Zod from the Reeve films.

That was my first thought. I'll have no particular regrets about having to pass on this.

I'd rather see Clark Kent or Zod from the Reeve films.

Zod would be instabuy

As others have said the base is the most interesting thing here. That could easily be a street from Superman II that you could use with MMS152.

Yeah, Terrance Stamp Zod would be fantastic. Really the only other film-related Superman character I would be interested in. . .well, and Richard Pryor, but that won't happen :lol

If they wanted to make another Reeve release... Why the heck did they not do a Clark Kent???

I thought this was a joke thread started by someone crying about the destruction in MoS. :lol

Awesome variant.

Damn he should look WAY dirtier and WAY more 5 O'clock shadow.

This is lazy. They should have atleast added the faux bimbo.

"If you're expecting to save you. I don't do that anymore"

They should have done Zod instead. I would have bought that and displayed it along side Cavill and Shannon supes and zod. That would have been better.

...I actually really wanted Clark Kent.

Much like BD Mark VII this is yet another thinly veiled cash grab. :lecture New base, darker paint. Only they didn't even bother with the extra sculpt this time.

On second thoughts I wouldn't want Clark or Zod to be exclusives, so no, scratch that.

Clearly they've done this because it was a cheap one for them to do and they know the hardcore Supes fans and the hardcore Hot Toys fans will buy it. Easy money for them.

However, yes, it would be nice if this means they haven't cast the Reeve films aside and Clark Kent and Zod are perhaps still possibilities.

Someone needs to change the MMS# in the thread title b/c MMS204 is taken by the Robocop ED-209 thing or whatever it's called (sorry not a huge robocop fan)

On second thoughts I wouldn't want Clark or Zod to be exclusives, so no, scratch that.

Clearly they've done this because it was a cheap one for them to do and they know the hardcore Supes fans and the hardcore Hot Toys fans will buy it. Easy money for them.

However, yes, it would be nice if this means they haven't cast the Reeve films aside and Clark Kent and Zod are perhaps still possibilities.

Exactly! Why would anyone want Clark Kent or Zod as an EX? Those should be regular MMS releases

Seems like an odd choice for a figure. I can barely even tell it's different from the original Christopher Reeve Superman figure other than the slight five o clock shadow and the new base.

Kinda OT, but would anyone buy a Spacey Luthor as a con exclusive? I've always loved that pimp white coat.

I'll skip the forgot to shave for one day variant. Cool for the hardcore fans, though.

Superman seems a really lazy job but at 600 i guess they will sell..... but no real interest

I never got the Reeves Supermab, if I can get this at retail, I wil buy. Sure as hell dont need it.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the Toy Fair Exclusives if this, the USO Show Captain America, and General Colton are all we're getting..

Good use of the mold, cloth and patterns all lying about. This exclusive was extremely easy and cheap for Hot Toys to make!

I for one am happy about this exclusive. It is a smart choice for a non-standard release figure, it is something they can put out with a quick turnaround, and it is from one of my favorite live-action Superman scenes (say what you want about Superman III, but the junkyard fight is freaking awesome).

Do I wish it had a new head? Sure. But as long as it is differentiated enough in side-by-side comparison, and the suit gets a darker wash over the original, I'll be happy enough to snag one. Reeve Superman and Keaton Bats have become the focal point for me as a collector, so I am pretty happy to see this guy getting made regardless of the "wish it would haves". :)

Sallah

Back