1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

With all this talk about the base, what if HT designed it with the MOS figure in mind, but was shut down by the licensor? Then they were left over with this cool base idea, and decided to pack it with a repaint. It explains why there are no other accessories or a new sculpt.

Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

IT says this will help out again Christopher and Dana Reeve foundation so i think they want to sell a lot and have not read any number size except that its a comic con exclusve. Lets hope its a open edition size because defnitley would grab one

With all this talk about the base, what if HT designed it with the MOS figure in mind, but was shut down by the licensor? Then they were left over with this cool base idea, and decided to pack it with a repaint. It explains why there are no other accessories or a new sculpt.

Why would the base be shut down by licensors?

I do find it odd that they are including a base that's a broken STREET when the figure is based around the junkyard scene.

This base should go to the MoS figure and this figure should get a base with a broken flatten car on it.

What a lazy repaint

:lol :hi5:

I like it, and even if I was the only person who did I'd be fine with that.

Same here. I enjoyed 3, it was fun. I can't say anything about the quality of it, but I remember always finding it highly entertaining as a child, when I watched my old DC superhero movies on VHS. Richard Pryor was awesome, and I remember weird computer lady being freaky as hell, then, of course, there's the junkyard scene, which just made you go "wow."

I don't think it's a bad figure just not one I really want and a really minor variant of the original figure. The more I think of it a lot of past releases have been from pretty minor scenes in films (Demon Batman from Batman Begins was only in the film for like twenty seconds and Gordon only wore the SWAT outfit briefly in The Dark Knight). So I guess good for people who want this. I was hoping for something different but whatever. I do hope that Hot Toys has more stuff to show off though at the upcoming conventions that will be announced as regular releases.

Yeah, i know my Brother(The craziest completist *ever* when it comes to Superman figures), will want one of these, and i will buy at least one(Might even buy a couple if i can to get a Routh head on the darker classic costume).
This is so full of win for the Superman completists out there.

That's a theory but why would DC not approve that? If I were them, I would think it was BA and make it a must-have for my MoS figures!

I wonder what the box will be like. I doubt they'll use the same format as the MMS 152, but I hope they have something equally cool in mind.

I don't think it's a bad figure just not one I really want and a really minor variant of the original figure. The more I think of it a lot of past releases have been from pretty minor scenes in films (Demon Batman from Batman Begins was only in the film for like twenty seconds and Gordon only wore the SWAT outfit briefly in The Dark Knight). So I guess good for people who want this. I was hoping for something different but whatever. I do hope that Hot Toys has more stuff to show off though at the upcoming conventions that will be announced as regular releases.

I agree with you about Demon Batman because a Begins suit Batman was done before but the SWAT Gordon was the first Gordon figure they made hence why it sold out so quick and was a must-have for collectors.

Initial reaction is that I'd of liked a different expression but depending on price and better pics, I'd like to get one.

They could have made this a 2-Pack with Clark Kent ala Demon Bats & Scarecrow. Maybe then everyone would've been happy?

Nah...

They could have made this a 2-Pack with Clark Kent ala Demon Bats & Scarecrow. Maybe then everyone would've been happy?

Nah...

That two-pack was only because it was their 10 year Anniversary, wait until 2020 when it's their 20 year one, we'll get something beyond amazing. :lol

I agree with you about Demon Batman because a Begins suit Batman was done before but the SWAT Gordon was the first Gordon figure they made hence why it sold out so quick and was a must-have for collectors.
Yeah true. SWAT Gordon was what started my collection and is a damn cool figure in my opinion even though I'd rather get a suited version with a trench coat someday.

I'm a huge Superman fan. But even I will pass on this one. Its too close to the other Chris Reeve Supes. Like others have said. If they came out with a Clark Kent figure. I would be down for that.

Yeah true. SWAT Gordon was what started my collection and is a damn cool figure in my opinion even though I'd rather get a suited version with a trench coat someday.

It's supposedly coming. We'll see. At this rate, it'll be out when Oldman has passed away.

Besides the base, whats different from the first one?

A light stubble on his chin, slightly darker suit. That's it.

Back