1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS204-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

Brando rights are long gone, I bet. Probably not worth re-negotiating for a con. exclusive.

I really hope we get more Reeve stuff. It'd be awesome if the DX 15 was out of left field, and a Reeve Superman/CK DX for the 75th anniversary, but I don't foresee that happening.

Honestly, they haven't done a 2 in 1 since... well, the last Brandon Routh figure so I don't see that happening. But a standalone Clark? Absolutely.

In my mind, SUPERMAN III is the pimple on the *** of the franchise (worse than IV in my book.) Yet, the Reeve fan in me needs this figure. Now if I buy this, then I might as well buy every last MOS figure since that's technically a better movie than III.
:panic:

I'm a sick man, and Hot Toys knows exactly what they're doing.

I somewhat get why ppl are upset BUT this is practically what they do with the Iron Mans that have been the exclusives. Gunmetal Grey MK3 and MK4. Same exact figure with a different paint scheme and didnt hear as many complaints then as I do here. Ppl think it's the same suit with a 5 o'clock shadow but it's not. The suit on evil Sups has more saturated colors similar to that of the Returns suit. And to me the headsculpt looks slightly tweaked to have a bit of smirk. But still, this is no different than the IM variants that ppl fought and paid through the nose for. The point of these exclusives is that they aren't necessary for the everyday collector which is what this is IMO. I have the one representation of Reeve that I need already, however the die hard Reeve fans will want this.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :exactly:

Done. The base is the only good thing about it. They didn't even change the HS, they just re-painted it.

Exactly! So lazy! In fact, people did customs that looked WAY better than that.

6430643421_7d9bc1764c_z.jpg

315747_277931842241658_100000745332095_910274_1990062512_n.jpg

DSC04249.jpg

Honestly, they haven't done a 2 in 1 since... well, the last Brandon Routh figure so I don't see that happening.
Define "2 in 1." DX Indy and Bruce Lee fit that bill pretty well IMO. Expendables guy and T-1000 had almost 2 completely different outfits. Then there's Luke, but that is actually 2 complete figures sold together.

Almost got excited for a second but same old release was thinking of getting another if they are available. This release is pretty bad same figure how much this time ?

Hope we get a 1/6 scale bowl of peanuts for the accessory :) will have to build a bar scene. And bring on a 1/6 scale Richard Pryor :)

Yellow foam cowboy hat and General uniform or GTFO.:lecture

Honestly, they haven't done a 2 in 1 since... well, the last Brandon Routh figure so I don't see that happening. But a standalone Clark? Absolutely.

In my mind, SUPERMAN III is the pimple on the *** of the franchise (worse than IV in my book.) Yet, the Reeve fan in me needs this figure. Now if I buy this, then I might as well buy every last MOS figure since that's technically a better movie than III.
:panic:

I'm a sick man, and Hot Toys knows exactly what they're doing.

Yeah, I'm in the camp that loved MOS, so those are no brainers to me, but, like you said, the Reeve fan in me wants this, and in between the Chinese or Japanese characters, I see "The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation" in the article. If money's going to charity, and this thing is pretty limited, and even if it isn't(the latter), I'm in.

Yep.

I somewhat get why ppl are upset BUT this is practically what they do with the Iron Mans that have been the exclusives. Gunmetal Grey MK3 and MK4. Same exact figure with a different paint scheme and didnt hear as many complaints then as I do here. Ppl think it's the same suit with a 5 o'clock shadow but it's not. The suit on evil Sups has more saturated colors similar to that of the Returns suit. And to me the headsculpt looks slightly tweaked to have a bit of smirk. But still, this is no different than the IM variants that ppl fought and paid through the nose for. The point of these exclusives is that they aren't necessary for the everyday collector which is what this is IMO. I have the one representation of Reeve that I need already, however the die hard Reeve fans will want this.

Good post. If this wasn't an Ex everyone would be saying " This would have been perfect for an EX! How dare you HT!!"

Its a variant and its an EX. Stop whining and get over it

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Define "2 in 1." DX Indy and Bruce Lee fit that bill pretty well IMO. Expendables guy and T-1000 had almost 2 completely different outfits. Then there's Luke, but that is actually 2 complete figures sold together.

I'll give you Bruce Lee and Barney Ross, but even Lee was a couple of years ago already. Luke is technically a two-pack, and Indy was a single figure with a pull over robe, not two heads or outfits.

If they do a Gun Metal Superman, maybe it will be more interesting! LOL.

Good post. If this wasn't an Ex everyone would be saying " This would have been perfect for an EX! How dare you HT!!"

Its a variant and its and EX. Stop whining and get over it

:clap:clap

I'm glad that there is so much hate for Evil Supes here. That should make it that much easier to get for those who want it. :wave

The head looks extremely similar but I think they tweeked it. Ill have to see better pics.

Either way this release isn't "insulting". :lol

As if any release of a figure can be.

Wow. These exclusives really are a let down. Nothing to get excited about. I guess I will get the Captain......Maybe.....

Love this!!

So with SDCC being 3 weeks away, is Sideshow/HT not going to be carrying these as con exclusives?
Seems like they haven't actually sold the HT exclusives at SDCC for awhile, but SSC should carry them.

Love this!!

So with SDCC being 3 weeks away, is Sideshow/HT not going to be carrying these as con exclusives?

They'll probably do it the same as they used to, with them being Pre-Orders that ship at a later date.

I don't think the head was changed. The magazine says it was sculpted by Arnie Kim; and since they got rid of him, it can't be a new one.
I really hope a Clark Kent is yet to come from them.

The head looks extremely similar but I think they tweeked it. Ill have to see better pics.

Either way this release isn't "insulting". :lol

As if any release of a figure can be.

The HK Magazine article stated that the head is "repainted" to look more evil. So I guess it is the same head (even the slight smile is still there) which is why I would not buy this figure.

Back