1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS204-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

Think this is a major insult to collectors from HT's.
Its like they are laughing at us and saying 'youll buy whatever crap we release!'

Think this is a major insult to collectors from HT's.
Its like they are laughing at us and saying 'youll buy whatever crap we release!'

If the Reeve name is attached, this is true. It makes a better exclusive than the DC Collectibles SDCC MOS variant statue. At least this one was in the movie.

lol they put some stubble on the headsculpt for a re-release. too bad ppl will still buy this.

It definitely would not be cheaper. At all.

I think so.

If this new one goes for about $225. (Speculation of price at this point), you can pick up one off a collector on here for about $150 or even less, add about $60 for a customizer to darken the suit and add some stubble and your golden. Saved about $20 and got a better looking figure IMO.

If the Reeve name is attached, this is true. It makes a better exclusive than the DC Collectibles SDCC MOS variant statue. At least this one was in the movie.

True but the MMS152 didn't even sell that well. It was in stock at SSC and other sites for a looong time. Why try and sell more CR Supes is what most people are asking?

Elvis would surely charge more than 60 bucks, though, wouldn't he?

This is so left field, I wonder if they have more Superman figs planned for regular release, i.e. Clark Kent, Lex Luthor, Zod etc.

Yea, this figure seems pretty lame. Would have much rather seen them do a Clark Kent figure of Reeve. Oh well... It's at least nice to see something from the Reeve films being released. Hopefully maybe this means there's some life left in the line and we will see a CK figure at some point or maybe even a Brando Jor-El 2.0. Wishful thinking, but I guess you never know.

True but the MMS152 didn't even sell that well. It was in stock at SSC and other sites for a looong time. Why try and sell more CR Supes is what most people are asking?

It's something different for the hardcore fans, and the Reeve Superman did sell well. Don't mistake producing too many for not selling enough. Plus, isn't it better that something like this is a con exclusive than something like an important character?

Neat but needs a grumpy sculpt.

Whiskey bottle or GTFO. I'm not even joking. This figure exists, so do it right.

This is so left field, I wonder if they have more Superman figs planned for regular release, i.e. Clark Kent, Lex Luthor, Zod etc.

I really hope we get more Reeve stuff. It'd be awesome if the DX 15 was out of left field, and a Reeve Superman/CK DX for the 75th anniversary, but I don't foresee that happening.

I somewhat get why ppl are upset BUT this is practically what they do with the Iron Mans that have been the exclusives. Gunmetal Grey MK3 and MK4. Same exact figure with a different paint scheme and didnt hear as many complaints then as I do here. Ppl think it's the same suit with a 5 o'clock shadow but it's not. The suit on evil Sups has more saturated colors similar to that of the Returns suit. And to me the headsculpt looks slightly tweaked to have a bit of smirk. But still, this is no different than the IM variants that ppl fought and paid through the nose for. The point of these exclusives is that they aren't necessary for the everyday collector which is what this is IMO. I have the one representation of Reeve that I need already, however the die hard Reeve fans will want this.

Hope we get a 1/6 scale bowl of peanuts for the accessory :) will have to build a bar scene. And bring on a 1/6 scale Richard Pryor :)

Interesting. I might be interested, but would need to see a direct comparison with the original to see how different they look in relation to each other.

The 600 could refer to the amount allocated for a given convention/country.

How I wish this was a black robe Jor-El figure. That would have been awesome.

Thank you hot toys more money saved.

Back