1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Man I hope they get more in-stock. If they do I may just cancel my Jill Valentine figure and use the money saved up for her to get DX Bats instead and just pick up Jill on ebay if I don't have enough by the time she's released.

crap. when did they sell out???? i had one in my cart and didnt process the order till later and it says they are sold out now. did they have them in stock earlier today and they just sold out????? also do they restock these???

crap. when did they sell out???? i had one in my cart and didnt process the order till later and it says they are sold out now. did they have them in stock earlier today and they just sold out????? also do they restock these???

They restocked earlier today, and sold out a few hours later. And who knows if they will restock again.

Yeah, it really is the grail piece. Until the next film of course.

Yep!

I've learned my lesson this time around though. I definitely want jump in & buy the first movie related figure(Batman 2012) collectible companies produce. Seeing HT patterns, Ill wait a couple of months till they start releasing the more accurate & premium figures!

Seeing that The Dark Knight came out in '08 & the final premium figures are still running, it'll probably be 2014 before I get another Bats!

Trust me I have debated on almost every figure they have whether or not I need it. I have to show restraint. I have the Batman V1 and I really didnt want to get the DX but I caved with this price. Must be strong with everything else.

Yep same, I went back and forth even with figures I already have.

But seeing as I know will have three Batman DXs... I'm not sure if I succeeded.

Hey freaks,
I am a newb so you may consider this spam for i am just trying to get my post requirement in so that i may visit the entire site.

Oh, but i did just recently get this awesome work of art from BBTS, so i guess i should leave a comment as to not be a total troll.

"The Dx2 Batman is a work of art".

There. See you all real soon!;)

Yep!

I've learned my lesson this time around though. I definitely want jump in & buy the first movie related figure(Batman 2012) collectible companies produce. Seeing HT patterns, Ill wait a couple of months till they start releasing the more accurate & premium figures!

Seeing that The Dark Knight came out in '08 & the final premium figures are still running, it'll probably be 2014 before I get another Bats!

Frankly I never understood why people bought the 1st wave because they are always $40-$60 more than if you were to just wait a few months & pay the real retail price. Less $$$ & less defects.

oh yeah. I wonder if the 3rd film's HT figures will all be DX figs??? I mean it would be rather anti climatic to just go back to regular MM Hot Toys.

What do you guys are using at the DX Batman for cleaning? The suit has soft material at many places and I just don't want to damage it. Oh and another question. I just started collecting polystone statues. What should I use on them at cleaning? Wet kitchen roll?

I was taking pics for my Sale thread, but thought I would share DX Bats with Wayne head here. Looks pretty good, though the neck post doesn't let the head sit quite as high as the Batman head, I don't think.

SDC11977.jpg

Just amazing! I have pre-order this, really haste to receive her, she will be well with the version DX of the Joker ^^

And, anybody would have an idea of the articulations?

i am having Kai make me a bruce wayne head for the dx-02 figure, hes going to add a magnet and lower the head so itll sit lower using the dx-02 head. it was like $140 , never ordered a HS before. itll be here in 2 weeks.

oh yes does anybody have tips for hollowing out the sonar head to use as an empty helmet prop?

I was taking pics for my Sale thread, but thought I would share DX Bats with Wayne head here. Looks pretty good, though the neck post doesn't let the head sit quite as high as the Batman head, I don't think.

SDC11977.jpg

Man does the stock cape look like ass.....makes it look like a toy and drags the whole quality of the figure down!

It's amazing that HT would spend so much time getting the figure just right but then make the stock cape crappy! :dunno

Batman's cape is half his persona.....why not spend the same time and effort on his cape as they do on the rest of him? :dunno

You have to place the cape in correctly, it can look flush and nice.

You have to place the cape in correctly, it can look flush and nice.

True, it will help but ultimately the thickness and material they used still isn't what it should be.

HT hasn't failed on how the cape should be attached, they failed on the cape material itself which leads to how it drapes.

It's silly to go looking for a custom cape when HT should just get it right from the start.

If a custom cape can be made to look and drape better than the stock cape, well.....what does that tell you?

Don't get me wrong, HT gets so much right with Batman that it makes it that much more frustrating for me that they get the cape so wrong!

His cape is freaking iconic!

C'mon HT, we know you can do better than that!

See what i'm saying :lol

Last edited:

do people commonly hollow out the sonar head? i feel kinda bad =/

No. It is a complete waste of a great, (both technical and accurate), sculpt.

Why not buy an old v1 cowl/Medi/etc. and use that.

Thats what Im going to do. I have my V1 head and with the option of using the PERS, Sonor, or Bruce head I dont need it anymore.

Back