1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Sharpnel,

I wouldn't worry too much bro. I'm here in Chicago not far from Toynks retail store, and they only got this in stock in the past week or so. Meaning it's most certainly the US DCD release of the figure. But you could always give them a call and ask, to put your concerns at ease.

-R

Thanks Rory. I shot them an email. If I don't hear back, I will call them on Monday.

Why pay $189 when you can get it for $119?

Where can you get it at $119? Link please?

True, it will help but ultimately the thickness and material they used still isn't what it should be.

HT hasn't failed on how the cape should be attached, they failed on the cape material itself which leads to how it drapes.

It's silly to go looking for a custom cape when HT should just get it right from the start.

If a custom cape can be made to look and drape better than the stock cape, well.....what does that tell you?

Don't get me wrong, HT gets so much right with Batman that it makes it that much more frustrating for me that they get the cape so wrong!

His cape is freaking iconic!

C'mon HT, we know you can do better than that!

See what i'm saying :lol

Damn Straight! :lecture

I was taking pics for my Sale thread, but thought I would share DX Bats with Wayne head here. Looks pretty good, though the neck post doesn't let the head sit quite as high as the Batman head, I don't think.

SDC11977.jpg

whcih head is that?

What's this, someone finally agreed with me :yess:

Ehhhh, I mean.....Yeah, that's right Hot Toys, you listening to what me and Ed are saying here :hi5:

:lol

I agree with you. The cape can be adjusted to make the top connection area look good but the thickness of the seam really hurts the over all look. The seam can be hidden but still the double layer is a bit much.

I did a quick custom on mine with some new material. Doesn't have the weight and the material I chose doesn't seem to fray on the edges so I don't have to put in a hem.

The fabric is black not red, fyi. Its the lighting and the picture.

dxnewcape.jpg

I agree with you. The cape can be adjusted to make the top connection area look good but the thickness of the seam really hurts the over all look. The seam can be hidden but still the double layer is a bit much.

I did a quick custom on mine with some new material. Doesn't have the weight and the material I chose doesn't seem to fray on the edges so I don't have to put in a hem.

The fabric is black not red, fyi. Its the lighting and the picture.

dxnewcape.jpg

Nice!

What's that Cap in the background?

Nice!

What's that Cap in the background?

Yeah its a WIP.

Here is the side shot. I have since changed light bulbs so you can see the true color. I also cut off the clips from the stock cape and clip in the new one. Didn't change to look much and now its more secure.

dxside.jpg

Last edited:

D**n it. Gohastings just canceled my order due to lack of stock. I had him ordered over the weekend, and at a great price too. Bummed out.

-Rory

Ah, when did you order? I have a feeling a lot more people are going to be getting that notice...

so what is the best material for making a custom cape that requires no sewing?

I just mine in from gohastings today for the price of 119. It is the dc direct batch but the actual box had some damage on it and the figure itself was perfect so I called and they refunded me another 19 dollars. So I got a brand new DX batman dc direct batch for 100 dollars with just some damage to the outer box.

I just mine in from gohastings today for the price of 119. It is the dc direct batch but the actual box had some damage on it and the figure itself was perfect so I called and they refunded me another 19 dollars. So I got a brand new DX batman dc direct batch for 100 dollars with just some damage to the outer box.

Lucky!!! Bloody steal really!

D**n it. Gohastings just canceled my order due to lack of stock. I had him ordered over the weekend, and at a great price too. Bummed out.

-Rory

Yeah, I ordered this weekend and just got a cancellation as well.

Back