1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I am not paying shipping to send them my Bats DX. They'll have to pay for it or simply ask me to destroy it and send them pictures as they've done with everybody else so far.

I am not paying shipping to send them my Bats DX. They'll have to pay for it or simply ask me to destroy it and send them pictures as they've done with everybody else so far.

Could you not have made arrangements through your dealer? Not sure why you're not getting the destroy it and show us response, unless they're thinking peoply might start faking photos or something, but a dealer might have more luck as HT will be counting on them more than one customer for future business.

Unfortunately I bought it from a third person, not an official HT dealer.
I'll let you guys know as soon as they get back to me.

Laughable...

And lets say the DCD shipment is 'fixed,' then what? What happens to that large sector of fans that purchase the figure earlier, and that have now a defective/oil releasing figure? Do they admit their faultiness? How does the first wave of figures get addressed? Or, batch1, batch2 - or whatever batch fan-boy says it is?

HT has to get this right - stand by their product!

Oh who cares now and goes all whiny pfft :rotfl

V!C, if you go back and look at your earlier posts, you will see that Geil makes a very good point here. You have been criticizing people for being upset with this leaking problem (esp MaulFan for some reason :dunno). And now that you see the problem in hand you are changing your tune. Perhaps to avoid sticking your foot in your mouth in the future you could think before you post.

And try treating other members with respect.

Always the best policy if you want to be treated with respect yourself.

Forget inconvenient, do it enough times it strips the paint, they're great advice to collectors will cause them to further damage and ruin it.

I do wonder what they are doing painting the rubber. Rubber can be processed to a certain sheen or colour without having to be painted.

I do wonder what they are doing painting the rubber. Rubber can be processed to a certain sheen or colour without having to be painted.

Well this particular part of the armor is 3 tones. The mesh part which is a pure black, and I believe the cast color of the rubber because that's the color of the back side, then the ab plates and the lines that run from pecs to waist supposedly holding the ab armor on (I say supposedly because I believe that's why they're there on the film suit but obviously the figure isn't constructed like the prop) are a bluish grey tone that's painted on, and the third tone is the spotted kevlar paint job.

I assume because of the mutliple surface effects across the suit only one texture/color can be chosen as the base and the rest has to be painted on. My running shoes are even like that :p

Hot Toys sent me the same email response: wipe it with the finger and take off the belt´s plastic protection. I will send them a response tomorrow saying that it didnt solved the oil issue. And in my opinion everybody should too, so that Hot Toys takes this issue serious. Its a really expensive figure.

Wiping with the finger will only smear the greasiness of it to another part.

No common sense here. One needs an absorbent lint free cloth to soak it in while gently dabbing. This isn't rocket science, Hot Toys.

Hey everyone,

I got my DX last night. I checked it out and it does have a slight amount of oil but overall the figure looks fine and I am very happy with the figure as an overall product. I like that the joints are not weak, I like that the rubber is soft and movable. I am happy with the cape - I think it looks good on him. I thought that the armor was well done. I also think that the head is a little small. I know everyone looked at the neck as being too slim but for me, the neck is fine and the head just seems like it would need to be bigger - not sure but when compared to a non-cowel-wearing figure, the head is relatively smaller/narrower. Then again, I could be wrong.

Ok, update on my attempted fix using electrical tape. Basically, I cut out the electrical tape to match the shapes of the 4 ab plates and stuck it on there, thus depriving that area of oxygen to see if that would cause more or less oil to be produced. I left it on for, oh, 48 hours or so. I just removed the tape and the area was drenched. I wiped it away, and within 20 seconds it was back. Not just the areas where the tape was applied, but the area below it where many are seeing oil accumulation.

Now here's the fun part. After removing the tape and wiping the abs off, apparently the oil (or whatever) and adhesive on the tape have formed a seal on the ab armor itself which, when painted over using acrylic paint, keeps the oil locked in.

Of course, these are obviously preliminary results and I don't want to recommend this to anyone else, but I'll keep you posted as to how the abs are looking in a day or so.

Ok, update on my attempted fix using electrical tape. Basically, I cut out the electrical tape to match the shapes of the 4 ab plates and stuck it on there, thus depriving that area of oxygen to see if that would cause more or less oil to be produced. I left it on for, oh, 48 hours or so. I just removed the tape and the area was drenched. I wiped it away, and within 20 seconds it was back. Not just the areas where the tape was applied, but the area below it where many are seeing oil accumulation.

Now here's the fun part. After removing the tape and wiping the abs off, apparently the oil (or whatever) and adhesive on the tape have formed a seal on the ab armor itself which, when painted over using acrylic paint, keeps the oil locked in.

Of course, these are obviously preliminary results and I don't want to recommend this to anyone else, but I'll keep you posted as to how the abs are looking in a day or so.

One brave soldier you are! this is still the one that HT offered to replace but you have not right?
I figure it has nothing to do with being exposed to air cause it's not like there is no air when the Bat is inside the packaging. OK let's take a step back since we are still investigating this. What are the differences between in-box and out-box since a majority of the figures develop this resideu only out of the box:
1) positioning
2) temperature
3) humidity
(ok light too but the rubber better not be reacting to that!)
anything else?

I just hope it's not a deterioration thing. As if it was breaking down.

I guess they'll need to do what they do with HDTV's, supply a lint free cloth.

Yeah, this is the same one they offered to replace, but I've held onto it.

From what I saw after I removed the tape, once the area became exposed to oxygen again, the oil just started pouring out. I don't know if it got too hot under the tape or what, but once it came off, the floodgates opened. Maybe it somehow drew the oil out and once I took it off everything that was being held back by the tape was free to drain. I don't know, I'm mystified.

LOL this figure went from an amazing work of art, to being picked part with flaws on the cowl size, ears etc.

Not flaming, just sharing that it's funny how after a while the beauty of the new, cool toy fades.

Yeah, I hate to say it but truly this figures rep is tarnished. Well, it'll be tarnished with the enthusiast collectors like these boards. Even if they do fix it the bad experiences are out with people dealing with it and it'll still remain in your thoughts for sometime. It's near impossible to change bad experiences with anything. Which wont affect the people that don't follow these forums who may or will come across the DCD batch.

That would kill me if I had to get a replacement like someone else here that had the new body delivered in jiffy bag with bubble wrap around the world. That ruins the whole DX experience with me.

Oh and if one of you is going to butcher a figure to get one replaced, you have to atleast butcher it so you can do this. :D

cr0w fits the bill.

Last edited:

Mine had an oil film right out of the box. But it's really minor, I am not perturbed by this in the slightest. I love my new figure and am happy I spent the money on it! Even after being up for 35 hours without sleep after writing my legal memo I still put in a good 3 hours admiring my new collectible and even my wife was excited about it.

Hey Crow - where is the artwork from your signature line from? It's really cool.

Back