1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

In the DX Batman thread, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the collectors who investigate the oil, and the collectors who prosecute Hot Toys. These are their stories.

I got a reply from hot toys.

They told me that they are looking for a solution.

Here's the email:

Hello Thaddeus,

We are very sorry to hear about that.

Concerning this oil problem, we are checking and being inspection, and will solve the problem as soon as possible.

We will get back to our customer soon!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Thanks and best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys

Wow pretty much just got the same reply:

"For oil problem, we recommend customer to wipe off the oil once leak out to solve the problem. We are now checking and being inspection on it, we will solve the problem as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks and best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys"

I got a reply from hot toys.

They told me that they are looking for a solution.

Here's the email:

Hello Thaddeus,

We are very sorry to hear about that.

Concerning this oil problem, we are checking and being inspection, and will solve the problem as soon as possible.

We will get back to our customer soon!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Thanks and best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys

This makes me feel hopeful!

Do you think hot toys will have the problem fixed by May?, isnt that when all the stores get them? BigBad tstore for example.

I dont even understand why they made the actual suit out of rubber painted to look like that effect. For a DX, and the price, they should have actually got a kevlar looking weave of material and then given it a tight vacuum seal look against the body, before adding plastic plates, or correct color rubber, to represent the titanium plating. I'm not saying the suit we got doesnt look cool, or accurate, but as we can see, painting rubber and small details present their own set of problems, in the long AND SHORT run

Yeah, agree. Its one of the reasons I dodged the V1. The OC using rubber made sense because that's what the costume used for filming was made of (even if incongruent with the story).
Not to say making the TDK suit from some fabric with plastic/rubber plates would have been without difficulties, but I would have preferred the tangible nature of it.

Oil right out of the box, but for the price I got it for I can't complain :D
4362656730_302a98dbae.jpg

What, are we talking like, a dollar here, or...more than a dollar?
Because if I'd have paid a dollar for it, I would have taken it back and said, "Look, I'm not paying one cent over 99 cents for this incontinent dollop of unstable polymers. Good day!" ...Or, something like that. :wacky
Nah, ignore me - it looks great.

It's just a pity they shrunk the kevlar part on the side of the arms. Was watching TDK last night and it is just as long as the Medicom. They should have left it like v1.

It's so short it makes me think he's wearing a special Batman summer t-shirt! from the elbow area exposed so much.

4365680415_4b76ef763f.jpg

It looks so bad here.

Do you experts think its ok to buy this Batman right now? I'm about to pull the trigger one on and am having second thoughts after reading all of this.

Your advice and opinions are appreciated.

Do you experts think its ok to buy this Batman right now? I'm about to pull the trigger one on and am having second thoughts after reading all of this.

Your advice and opinions are appreciated.

I'm waiting for the DCD wave in the hopes that they fix the oil problem.

I was trying to capture a Maul™ warmth type of pic but sadly the sun just went down a tad too far and lost it.

4368464922_8858af58c7.jpg

4368464918_2e02e173ec.jpg
4368464902_44d7571c1b.jpg

dscf8835.jpg

I just can't stop admiring all the details. Sometimes the way the room spotlights bounce off the shoulders/cowl etc etc it somewhat looks like that gun metal grey that has a smidge of speckle silver grain through it.

I was trying to capture a Maul™ warmth type of pic but sadly the sun just went down a tad too far and lost it.

4368464922_8858af58c7.jpg

4368464918_2e02e173ec.jpg
4368464902_44d7571c1b.jpg

dscf8835.jpg

I just can't stop admiring all the details. Sometimes the way the room spotlights bounce off the shoulders/cowl etc etc it somewhat looks like that gun metal grey that has a smidge of speckle silver grain through it.

hotness. just hotness.

Here's a pic I just snapped showing the abs over a day after I peeled the tape off and painted over the oil/adhesive mix that had coated the abs. I need to smooth the paint out once I'm satisfied that it's holding with no leakage, but honestly this is the longest I've seen it go without even a trace of oil leaking out of the abs. It's still coming out of the lower strips under the belt, but so far, the adhesive/oil mix has kept everything sealed in.

DSC07211.jpg

Not taking any closer pics yet because the camera will highlight the imperfections in my paint job and make it look terrible, though it looks fine to the naked eye.

That really isn't noticeable at all. The way you had described from last time it nearly sounded ruined. I can see a few slight bumps but if I hadn't known, it could easily have looked like rubber imperfections. The Takara suffers some of that on some parts.

Oh yeah, I know it's not bad. When you're just looking at it with your own eyes under natural light, it looks like it did just out of the box. Whatever happened with the oil and adhesive, it's sealed right the hell up and after I painted over it, it looks good as new.

Compared to how it was before I tried the tape fix, it's a total 180. I would say it was almost ruined, the only reason I tried the tape thing was because I figured I couldn't hurt the figure any worse than it already was, so I just tried whatever came to mind. And, somehow, it did something I wasn't expecting and (so far) fixed my issue.

It's a good trick if your figure is really bad but it seems extreme measures for a figure who has oil on 1 or 2 plates.

If I'm recalling correctly, I was the first one to run into the oil issue here and I got my figure on Christmas Eve, so I'm guessing that as we go along, peoples' figures will start getting worse and we'll see all kinds of extreme measures taken to fix it. Unless Hot Toys replaces them all with corrected ones, of course.

Cr0w looks like this could be your custom service here ;)

Haha, I'd be happy to offer advice, but there's no way I'm doing that to anyone else's figure. I was flying by the seat of my pants when I tried it on mine, and shocked as hell when I painted over it and saw how it stuck. I do have an idea how to do it without using tape, though.

Back