1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

hey maglor thanks for the advice on waiting for the 3rd shipment i'll try, but if i see something on ebay that is in my price range, i probably wont be able to control my wanting to buy it....curse this teen impatience!!!!!!!

Alright man, but I hope you can control yourself! It's just a few months, and worth saving yourself all the regret!

i know this is a little messed up to say...but my concern regarding this whole oily abs fiasco is more on the HT side.

basically, with this glaring issue, bad word of mouth, it's really hurting their rep,on top of that, what was supposed to be one of THE most anticipated figures to really push forward the DX line is, by speculation, probably not gonna fly off the shelves like it's intended to. i don't know, maybe it is, but i just have a bad feeling.

and yeah, back to HT...so far, with the DX issue, then with BD IM head sculpt...not off to a good year for HT.

i know i should also consider my fellow customers. many of us bought 2-3 of the DX bats. even if we're well off or rich, it's still no chump change. money is money, and we all deserve to have flawless figs, especially when they cost 150 and up.

whoever is CEO of HT and is telling everyone in the company to 'ignore' this issue...that person needs to get fired. HT's rep is tainted now. they'll need at LEAST a couple of flawless figs to finally wipe this from the record.

HT, i believe in you guys. do the right thing.

Usually moaning at Riko. :D

Another month, 3 months it was then delayed, then another month asdfk!!!!!!!!!!

Who is Riko and why him/her? That the person to blame? Oh well in the end it's a masterpiece!!! Considering that it was my 2nd piece of collectible I was sooo amazed :eek:
Just couldn't believe that each time it would again be topped by another and another. If it were not for these little mishaps I would almost believe that they are truly making miracles happening

Yeah, and he had it on order with Joe. He cancelled it sadly because of the amount of people that were also getting defects with it. Like this DX, more hits than misses.

Remember all the polished roofs, scuff marks, glue spills, broken brackets etc etc

Another thing to sicken off a collector with so many issues.

Given the tendency for cases of breakage with the more elaborate HT figures, I thought the Tumbler was a very ambitious undertaking on their part. That's why when people suggest the idea of a Hot Toys Harley for T2, I don't see it ever happening, the vehicles seem very taxing and problematic for them, where figures for the most part are pretty status quo for them.

Big picture though, they're better off eating their mistake on this figure than not correcting the mistake. Sure it may be costly to correct, but the cost of one figure compared to lost future business is small...

True in theory.

The reason the theory may backfire:

I don't believe in boycott as an effective practice unless you could get everyone to do it, and you're not going to. If I stop buying HT figures, someone else will buy up the ones I don't, HT's not going to lose business from me. If you could get 1000s of people to cancel or stop ordering, you might send a message but it's not going to happen.

Even if DX02 is a total bomb, people will keep buying Hot Toys, because they are the best. If they only put out flawed figures than things would eventually change, but I assume that wont happen, and people will forget about this whole debacle.

I still think that a mass recall is very unlikely.

Given the tendency for cases of breakage with the more elaborate HT figures, I thought the Tumbler was a very ambitious undertaking on their part. That's why when people suggest the idea of a Hot Toys Harley for T2, I don't see it ever happening, the vehicles seem very taxing and problematic for them, where figures for the most part are pretty status quo for them.

It was the packaging that was the major flop. It just wasn't securing the item enough with the couriers handling/transportation.

I think what you'll see happen is less people will preorder to wait to see pics in hand before they make a decision to purchase.

Less preordering could mean less production. Less production would make figs harder to find, or have them going for a premium until everything balances out again.

My biggest fear is that this will cause Hot Toys to take less risk on features/accessories/figure choices to go with what works for a while...

^^^^well maybe that would be a better thing....would you rather have an elaborate broken figure or a simpler in-tact figure? It might take hot toys alittle bit to get back on their feet because i don't think any of us or any of them (HT people) want to have to go through somethng like this again...that being said, i still REALLY want to get this figure, i'm a mass of contradictions

i'm really thinking of buying a loose dx body to display with full cape and one with the backpack.

brucebook4.jpg

The best we'll get from HT after this fiasco is "we're very sorry. Won't happen again." Recall? I think not.

Might actually be good enough, this time.

Yeah, I think a recall is wishful thinking.

Wow, this thread is over 7000 posts long already!

Thanks to this oil problem, it's going to pass the DX01 thread in short order! And the DCD shipment hasn't even happened yet!!!

They've got to do something, unless they can prove and assure that it'll dry up and not damage the figure in any way, what else could they do but offer to replace them?

Like some have said previously, we'll just have to wait and see what happens once the DCD stock is out.

There'll surely be something done before May, be it an announcement only or serious action, they're going to here about this enough, not acknowledging it for 4 months or ever would be a bad move for them.

Back