1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

brucebook4.jpg

:D

that's exactly how i wanted to display the dx. with the backpack and the gun. but it would be so cool to display the other head too and with a cape. it would be just too pity not to show the other presentation, but then, i would have too many batmans here. oc, medi and two dx would look a bit too much in my small detolf. :sick

Do you have any other Medi super heroes, could always have a group like that, with Medicom being what unifies them.

Do you have any other Medi super heroes, could always have a group like that, with Medicom being what unifies them.

no, it's just the dk one. I've put the medi with the bat-pod together, so at the moment I'll have only one batman in my "dark knight row". if i would have another two figures on this row, it will be going to be too full there. never liked how it looks when there are too many figures displayed in a detolf.

i think i have just to buy it and look then how it looks, when both are displayed there. the good on these ht figures is, that you never gonna loose your money when you put them for sale again

Hot Toys just replied on my facebook post asking me to email them the problems on the oily abs.......I just did, now I shall await their reply.

Hot Toys replied to my email...

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear about that.

Concerning Batman oil problem in abs area, it was caused by the circle sticker and plastic bag of the belt, please take apart the circle sticker and plastic bag of the belt, then you can slightly wipe off the oil by finger. The oil will not affect the body surface if you can wipe off the oil once leak out.

Appreciated you follow the above method to solve the oil problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please feel free to contact us if there are any problem.

Thank you for your support for Hot Toys products!

Thanks and best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys Ltd.

Can anyone enlighten me what circle sticker they are talking about?

I just got a reply from HT concerning the replacement body I'm expecting.
Now they're asking me to send them my defective Batman body! WTF! It'd cost me like $50 to ship it to HK.
I told them I certainly won't do that and that I will destroy the one I have and send them pictures.
What's going on with Hot Toys these days??

Hot Toys replied to my email...

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear about that.

Concerning Batman oil problem in abs area, it was caused by the circle sticker and plastic bag of the belt, please take apart the circle sticker and plastic bag of the belt, then you can slightly wipe off the oil by finger. The oil will not affect the body surface if you can wipe off the oil once leak out.

Appreciated you follow the above method to solve the oil problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please feel free to contact us if there are any problem.

Thank you for your support for Hot Toys products!

Thanks and best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys Ltd.

Can anyone enlighten me what circle sticker they are talking about?

Seems like an automated response. very similar to what MaulFan got I believe.

I hope wookster is right and that Hot Toys is indeed looking into the problem. I want to order another from the DCD batch.

Laughable...

And lets say the DCD shipment is 'fixed,' then what? What happens to that large sector of fans that purchase the figure earlier, and that have now a defective/oil releasing figure? Do they admit their faultiness? How does the first wave of figures get addressed? Or, batch1, batch2 - or whatever batch fan-boy says it is?

HT has to get this right - stand by their product!

Agreed, being asked to simply 'wipe your oil away when it appears' isn't inconvenient on a 200 dollar figure, it's unnacceptable

Last edited:

i got an oil problem too. and im very afraid that it is cancerogenous chemical.

If HT doesn't get it together this is being canceled. I understand stock responses, but that one about the belt is just idiotic.

Did you guys notice that the painting on the silver parts of the armor vary depending on which batch you got?

I've got one from the first batch and one from the 2nd batch. The second batch one has a much brighter silver...
I need to take some pics to show you guys.

Laughable...

And lets say the DCD shipment is 'fixed,' then what? What happens to that large sector of fans that purchase the figure earlier, and that have now a defective/oil releasing figure? Do they admit their faultiness? How does the first wave of figures get addressed? Or, batch1, batch2 - or whatever batch fan-boy says it is?

HT has to get this right - stand by their product!

Oh who cares now and goes all whiny pfft :rotfl

Agreed, being asked to simply 'wipe your oil away when it appears' isn't convenient on a 200 dollar figure, it's unnacceptable

Forget inconvenient, do it enough times it strips the paint, they're great advice to collectors will cause them to further damage and ruin it.

Did you guys notice that the painting on the silver parts of the armor vary depending on which batch you got?

I've got one from the first batch and one from the 2nd batch. The second batch one has a much brighter silver...
I need to take some pics to show you guys.

That sort of thing's happened before, I got my Jack Sparrow as part of the early HK/Toys2 wave, and months later when Sideshow got their inventory, people were getting him with a darker skin tone than the ones I and anyone else who got him initially were receiving.

The best part of all time was...

Taken from Eddie Wong's article.

HT staffs reminded the fan “DON’T TOUCH THE SOFT PLASTIC BODY WITH YOUR HANDS ANY MORE” several times. The fan asks how to set the pose. They replied that “You only touch the HARD PARTS OF THE BODY, such as CHEST ARMOUR, HAND ARMOUR AND SHOES. DON’T TOUCH THE BODY! It is painting on the surface of soft plastic. Rubbing, pulling and tearing will cause the coating peeling.” “How to make pose” “…YOU TOUCH THE HARD PARTS OF THE BODY”

And then they ask you to wipe the residue with your finger... pff!

Well, my DX is already paid so I'm in. I just hope HT corrects the oil leak issue for the DC shipment. If they don't there will be hell to pay.

Well, my DX is already paid so I'm in. I just hope HT corrects the oil leak issue for the DC shipment. If they don't there will be hell to pay.

Same here. Paid in full for my order with Urban Collectibles. It seems like they are trying to just brush this under the carpet, which is odd. Are they under new management or something? They've always had excellent customer service till now, and it seems like they are really losing it lately. I didn't put my lost Pred together till about 2 months after I got it and the arm snapped off right out of the box. I sent them a pic and they paid for shipping both ways for a brand new body. Didn't even ask for a receipt, as long as I sent them the broken parts. Now it's like if you don't fly to hong kong and buy it direct, then request help within 14 days you're plain SOL. What gives?

Back