1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Oh and if one of you is going to butcher a figure to get one replaced, you have to atleast butcher it so you can do this. :D

cr0w fits the bill.

Yeah yeah! I am not the least bit upset if I had to replace mine cause I so want to do this and the closet :p

How much does Morgan Freeman's thumb bend

oh my haha

The oil issue is not a minor thing on mine that I can easily dismiss but I am by no means upset as I do believe a resolution will be in place whether it is a procedure to fix it ones and for all without any long term degradation (needing to be confirmed) or being replaced with a fixed one from a future batch. I was anxiously waiting for the release and had already lots of fun with it so not having a final one for a month due to killing mine is something I can definitely live with ease.

Hey Crow - where is the artwork from your signature line from? It's really cool.

It's from the cover art to Carver City, the latest (and best, IMO) album from CKY, one of my favorite bands.

cky-carver-city2.jpg

It's sort of a concept album, I guess. Carver City's a fictional town on the Jersey shore, kind of a dark summer vacation town. It's been cursed ever since Old Carver murdered his entire crew, sank his ship, and took off with everyone's money and treasures. The songs are about the various mishaps that befall the town's citizens and the twisted goings-on around the town. It's one of my favorite albums of the past decade or so, and the guitar work in particular is just mind-blowing. Most people disregard CKY as "That Jackass band" because a lot of their music was used in Jackass and Bam's brother is the drummer, but they're a ____ing great rock band.

^ just listening to the album on Spotify after reading your post, sounds really funky so far - listening to Hellons on Parade, what song is your favourite?

A#1 Roller Rager, track number 9. It's got a much different feel than the rest of the album, and the chorus riff is probably my favorite riff of all time. It's got a feel good quality that takes me back to being 16 again. The whole album is really solid, though. If I had to put my top songs in order, it would be A#1 Roller Rager (9), The Boardwalk Body (5), ...And She Never Returned (2) and Rats in the Infirmary (3).

A#1 Roller Rager, track number 9. It's got a much different feel than the rest of the album, and the chorus riff is probably my favorite riff of all time. It's got a feel good quality that takes me back to being 16 again. The whole album is really solid, though. If I had to put my top songs in order, it would be A#1 Roller Rager (9), The Boardwalk Body (5), ...And She Never Returned (2) and Rats in the Infirmary (3).

haha I never saw the park in the background and just thought it was Young Anikan Skywalker :p

Just hearing A#1 Roller Rager, really cool song, i don't think i've heard anything quite like this before. Thanks, will check the other tracks out - need some fresh music, been listening to Insomnium's Across The Dark over and over for the last month or more... and in the last couple of days gotten back into Tool all over again and trying to perfect vicarious on guitar...

Anyway, back on topic.

Awesome, glad you like it. I've been working on some of the pre-CKY Foreign Objects (their first band name) stuff on guitar for what seems like years.

I just hope it's not a deterioration thing. As if it was breaking down.

If this problem is deterioration, that would be quite scary, you're talking about breaking down after existing for say, 1-2 months, factoring the time in the production facility plus shipping to your dealer then shipping to you.

As for your comment about this incident leaving a mark on people, totally agree, I imagine the next time HT debuts a figure with a similar rubber construction, there's going to be some people hesitating to just order it or more likely to order it somewhere getting it later so they can see if the early orders come out with problems, and unless they do a fair ammount of successful figures like Batman between now and figures from the next movie, assuming that really moves forward, people are really going to be nervous about that one.

If this problem is deterioration, that would be quite scary, you're talking about breaking down after existing for say, 1-2 months, factoring the time in the production facility plus shipping to your dealer then shipping to you.

Is anyone experiencing these problems?

If big holes start appearing in the suit HT cannot ignore that. F' the 30 day return policy it would be like daylight robbery if they didn't give anyone a replacement.

I dont even understand why they made the actual suit out of rubber painted to look like that effect. For a DX, and the price, they should have actually got a kevlar looking weave of material and then given it a tight vacuum seal look against the body, before adding plastic plates, or correct color rubber, to represent the titanium plating. I'm not saying the suit we got doesnt look cool, or accurate, but as we can see, painting rubber and small details present their own set of problems, in the long AND SHORT run

Well thinking about this sticker thing, there was a sticker holding the plastic over the belt. Mine is slightly wet at the bottom, and looking back at my pics when i first got it that is were the belt was so this is my thought. Maybe the plastic sticker may have made a chemical reaction or just rubbed enough of the sealant off and is causing the leak

I dont even understand why they made the actual suit out of rubber painted to look like that effect. For a DX, and the price, they should have actually got a kevlar looking weave of material and then given it a tight vacuum seal look against the body, before adding plastic plates, or correct color rubber, to represent the titanium plating. I'm not saying the suit we got doesnt look cool, or accurate, but as we can see, painting rubber and small details present their own set of problems, in the long AND SHORT run

That would be sweet if done right but may have other issues. I don't have the picture handy but the moment you posted that and I got excited I remembered how the DC TDK look like. I think I am referring to correct one I envisioning

Is anyone experiencing these problems?

If big holes start appearing in the suit HT cannot ignore that. F' the 30 day return policy it would be like daylight robbery if they didn't give anyone a replacement.

I wasn't saying any new problems, vodoun was commenting in hopes that the fluid building up isn't deterioration, not new problems, just concern is this fluid there because the rubber's already breaking down on some sort of molecular level or is it just something from within the rubber coming to the surface abnormaly.

I wasn't saying any new problems, vodoun was commenting in hopes that the fluid building up isn't deterioration, not new problems, just concern is this fluid there because the rubber's already breaking down on some sort of molecular level or is it just something from within the rubber coming to the surface abnormaly.

Oh panic over. But worse case scenario I mean.

Agreed. While the detailed paint job of the kevlar bits on the torso looks really nice, producing the whole suit in the same material like the v1 figure, which never leaked, and just painting the kevlar bits grey like on that figure and like the DX's side plates, probably would have meant no leaking problem and people could just enjoy this figure for the wonderours design it is. It looks great seeing the kevlar detailed, but personally, I notice the head sculpt and paint improvements, the improved body proportions and the more layered look of the overall suit more than those plates having the detailed paint, I think not doing that wouldn't have hurt this figure from still looking as great as it does.

...As for your comment about this incident leaving a mark on people, totally agree, I imagine the next time HT debuts a figure with a similar rubber construction, there's going to be some people hesitating to just order it or more likely to order it somewhere getting it later so they can see if the early orders come out with problems, and unless they do a fair ammount of successful figures like Batman between now and figures from the next movie, assuming that really moves forward, people are really going to be nervous about that one.

What other figures might have similar construction?

What about figures with rubber "skin" like Marcus Wright?

Or maybe the tba Avatar figures?

What other figures might have similar construction?

What about figures with rubber "skin" like Marcus Wright?

I don't have any specific figures in mind, just saying that rubber figures will raise concerns now, they have in the past and this will just add to it. People have experienced muscle bodies cracking and drying up and bring that up when a figure with a body like that comes out, and now comments about leaking will surely come out. It's not necessarily correct to assume that it's rubber it'll have problems, but people will be concerned.

I've got several HT figures that use rubber and I've never had a problem with any of them on a QC level, so I'm hopeful Batman's just an isolated incident, but any future rubber figures similar to Batman, I'll be crossing fingers to dodge problems with until I've bought a few figures made in a similar manner that come out without an issue like this.

Of course, this is all said under the current situation where Hot Toys has yet to diagnose the problem. If they figure out the cause of this and correct it and appear to have learned from this, I'll have faith that they'll take measure not to make the same mistakes in the future, but right now, they seem as clueless as us about the cause and haven't made any public statement that they'd be investigating the problem, so unless they can identify it and resolve it now, there's no reason to think they can stop it on other figures in the future.

I got a reply from hot toys.

They told me that they are looking for a solution.

Here's the email:

Hello Thaddeus,

We are very sorry to hear about that.

Concerning this oil problem, we are checking and being inspection, and will solve the problem as soon as possible.

We will get back to our customer soon!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Thanks and best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys

Oil right out of the box, but for the price I got it for I can't complain :D
4362656730_302a98dbae.jpg

Now all I need is a custom cr0w cape. ;)

Back