Mezco 1:12 collective Frankenstein's Monster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope this line is successful and they get around to doing my favorite Universal Monsters character, the criminal underrated & underappreciated Claude Rains Griffin (THE INVISIBLE MAN).

I actually cancelled my just pre-order for this guy. At 6" tall, he'd be perfect for a diorama, but I don't ever see Mezco springing for a Victor Frankenstein to go with him, so my display options seem a bit limited. I'm kind of afraid I don't see this line taking off given the retail price point. Ironically, that's what's keeping me from wanting to go all in. I don't want to start collecting another line that's never going to be finished. I mean, they only got 3 of the stylized versions out before that line got the axe, and they were only $30.00. At $80.00 a pop, just how many of these can they sell?

If there were to be a companion piece to this figure it would be Colin Clive as Henry Frankenstein as the Monster is the version from the Universal movie.

My order will be in my hands soon. Not a lot on this guy but I definitely think for the price it should of came with more and the size but hopefully it'll change when I receive mine in hand. Pics and a review will be here. It's rare to get a brand new Universal Monsters figure these days. Well diamond but I don't collect those figures.

Mezco just announced a "Doorway environment" for the monster coming soon on Twitter.

The 'Doorway Announcement' made me grit my teeth. But only because it's a Mezco Store Exclusive. Is it really? :rolleyes2 I'm anxious to hear your thoughts, ApeManRyan.

I still like it, and, funds permitting, I'll try and lay hands on one next week. Are stuff like environments store exclusives for their site!?

$160 Feb-Mar Frankenstein ('s monster) and Doorway Combo

The display environment is created of polystone and features a functional door, floor, and stone wall. Behind the door, a cardstock backdrop creates the illusion of depth. The set includes a period-accurate trunk. The environment assembles easily using embedded magnets to ensure a secure fit.

Hand painted authentic detailing
Approximately 11.5in tall, 8.5in wide and 8in deep
Behind-the-door backdrop
Functional door opens and closes
Hand painted authentic detailing
Approximately 11.5in tall, 8.5in wide and 8in deep
Behind-the-door backdrop
Frankenstein 12.Jpg

$105 Feb-Mar Doorway Diorama
Frankenstein 13.Jpg

Hmm $160 isn't bad but not sure if I'll get it even though I want it lol. Debating if I'm going to get it or not but I did just receive my frank in today. Just got back from work and taking a quick look at him. Review coming tomorrow and hopefully some pics if time but my thoughts so far. AMAZING. Wow in person it's a whole other thing and super happy with him. I actually love the standard sculpt in hand. The proto sculpt just didn't look Karloff but in hand it does. It reminds me of the shot when you first see him turn around at the doorway. It's perfect. I love the snarl sculpt too. Paint is perfect and clothes are really good I do agree the pants run a little high but it's an easy fix. I do like the extras but it could of used a flower or brain jar or piece of wood or lab equipment but if the doorway is an accessory to get it's tempting. Size is actually good. Box is sweet. Overall it was worth the purchase I hope Mezco makes more of the classics. I'll keep collecting this line if they do.

Ryan

Thank you both! He's worth it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Amazing figure all don't hesitate.
410047f5d78369a65e31d2989f87f101.jpg

156084507f1b9e653c7f38c68d54f842.jpg

dc655f2267ab9576918f82ee393ebb28.jpg

bb4207f26cfc88d977071883282a7810.jpg

f725cacfd665cc5a3f0f5c4f9ee08c7e.jpg

73bcfc6ed36767e2482d5095416344b5.jpg

c5225740b823f9859072bfb03399c0f1.jpg

793783d6a6958179489dd31edea6dcbd.jpg

506fa60b515b74ba2e0869b2ea0130c8.jpg

7286e98cef2457e30abb8645d422bb1a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The figure looks amazing but Mezco is kind of dropping he ball on this by announcing the castle entrance backdrop they had at the expos...for $100! I was thinking they would charge something like the Captain America or Armored bats $110 for the whole thing but $100 just for the backdrop or $160 for the figure and backdrop is NOT cool at all
That what the Batman Mutant Leader cost a year ago and that included 2 figures and a base

Last edited:
Back