Mezco 1:12 collective Frankenstein's Monster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaaand - PO'd. (Though now I find myself wondering why they made him green if the film was shot in black and white.) Was he actually painted green in the film, or was that something cooked up by Universal's marketing team? Someone's got to know... :confused:

Everyone should know. Take a peek: these are Karloff's home movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3f-zm2jyFo

Very cool. Except, that's Son of Frankenstein, not Frankenstein. And Mezco's coloring is quite a bit more blue... :gah:

So, are you under the impression that the make up artist for all 3 flicks, Jack Pierce only made him green for Son of:lol? You asked if he was green. He's green.:monkey3:panic:

So, are you under the impression that the make up artist for all 3 flicks, Jack Pierce only made him green for Son of:lol? You asked if he was green. He's green.:monkey3:panic:

They also released prints of the film that were tinted green which further cemented the green skin look of Frankenstein's Monster in the public's mind.

I'll take your word for it then. :wink1:

If ya google it, you will find an interview thats cool and contains the home video as well. I think its called 'Universal Horrors" narrated by Kenneth Branagh. In it, an elderly lady (who was little girl child star of the day in the 30's) is interviewed. She laments that audiences could never see the picture in Color because Frankenstein was a "scary shade of green". I just thought the home video would cinch the deal.

As you may or may not know, Jack Pierce was a bit of a perfectionist. He was the make up man for all the monster movies until Abbott and Costello meets Frankenstein came along. As such--I doubt he changed colors much. He did, however, always change the Wolfman's make up from feature to feature. But Wolfie has a color (not colorized) shot floating around the interwebs too. I believe Sideshow used it as a color guide for their PF when it was released. Ah, here we go:

cap131fl8.png

:goodpost: Awesome. Are you the same Anton Phibes on the Universal Monster Army Boards as well? I'm getting the gist now. :wink1:

:goodpost: Awesome. Are you the same Anton Phibes on the Universal Monster Army Boards as well? I'm getting the gist now. :wink1:

Yeah...thats me. Used to just be Anton Phibes here too until I was absent for so long and the board changed so much,lol. Had to start a new account.:slap

Was expecting something more from Mezco in regards to the Universal Monsters. I'd love a Wolf Man, Creature and Strange Frankenstein.

These look great. I've limited my UM buying lately strictly to vintage but if I can find a color for a good price, I'm sold.

I'm really glad they're doing a 'silver screen' version, I always found the green very odd. They did it that way in the movie as it gave off the right pallor when shot in black and white, but it looks so hokey and corny when you see it in colour. Only the Hulk should ever be that green. I'll be sure to check reviews out when he is released and will make up my mind then. I'd be all over a Drac and Wolfie if they did them as well.

Back