Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the tech inconsistencies I'm not too surprised it extended to the music :lol

Yep. After all, MGS3 version of Russia is basically Cuba with nonsensical pseudo-Russian names and titles. :lol
*but it's too crazy and OTT to be angry at, so I really love it*

Me too, but many of them are unfitting (just like most of design decisions, lol). Not to mention the story is set in 84, yet "The Final Countdown" was released in 86 and "Friday I'm in Love" in 92. Major Fail.

Rockstar is the only dev to pick perfect music for eras. Except GTAV's soundtrack mostly sucks.

Speaking of proper period songs, no Depeche Mode? (yes, I'm a fan)
"People Are People" could be pretty perfect. Heck, I'd even insert some "Master and Servant" in there. :naughty

Me too, but many of them are unfitting (just like most of design decisions, lol). Not to mention the story is set in 84, yet "The Final Countdown" was released in 86 and "Friday I'm in Love" in 92. Major Fail.

Major fail? That's a bit of an exaggeration.

It's probably something most people who played wouldn't have picked up on or even bothered.

I just had more fun with a half hour of rising than my whole time spent with The phantom desert simulator.

RLM...

giphy.gif

I just noticed that Rika Muranaka is going to be a guest at my hometown Winnipeg (C4 Central Canada) Comic Con at the end of this month! :O

For those playing this in consoles.. is it true that you cant play uploaded music anymore for the helicopter?

funny you bring this up today, sony just updated to allow music on the system be it import or server. maybe now what you ask for will work. update 3.0 just rolled out on my system.

Didn't see this posted in here, these guys (RedLetterMedia) pretty much sum up my feelings on Kojima.

https://youtu.be/BUytlAKC9Rg

Is there spoilers here? I usually agree with these guys opinions

Cause I rather my personal music not be tied to ingame mechanics, i.e. 3D/postional audio. Rather just have my music going all the time at the setting I like. :p

On a different note...

HOW THE F do you get Quiet to move with you?
Every time I use her, she goes to the nearest enemy camp to spot and just sits there, even though I travel in a different direction to another camp.

I am on side of the map, check her position, she is on the other side....WTF you doing...!!

And stop humming in mic, keeps the radio waves clear hehe

This is my main issue with MGSV so far, next to the non talking Snake. It's doesn't explain half of the mechanics. It took me forever to figure out how to do this. There's a severe lack of codec convos. I miss all the codec chat about every devise and cardboard box.

Go to your iDroid, then the mission tab, then select buddy, and then (it should be there) either commands scout (quiet) or attack (quiet). Select either, then a map will display with defined areas that you can have her travel to.

That is one thing you should have been able to do with D-Dog too.Command him to nearby spots to distract enemies away from you or make sure he attacks enemies from behind so he doesn't get spotted.If not,at least command him to stay at the current spot while you move to another,but the Dog keeps following you.The "Wait" command you give does nothing whatsoever,i believe the only thing it does is to cancel previous order you gave him.

I just had more fun with a half hour of rising than my whole time spent with The phantom desert simulator.

Glad you like it. I'd say it's got the best boss fights as a whole in one Metal Gear game. The final boss fight, which is broken into about four parts, is a contender as one of the best in the series. The soundtrack for it is FANTASTIC

This is my main issue with MGSV so far, next to the non talking Snake. It's doesn't explain half of the mechanics. It took me forever to figure out how to do this. There's a severe lack of codec convos. I miss all the codec chat about every devise and cardboard box.

I hate how when you call them up to get some info on stuff like this, Ocelot just talks about the goats in the area for like, the millionth time. :lol

Yea, DDog....WAIT damn you... :rotfl

Honestly I make use out of DWalker the most.
Usually just use a stripped down version to zip around the map, banging out SideOps...my MMO quest-line-up skills kicking in.
Then if I see a chopper, call in a version with rockets. :p

Reminds me. I was doing one of the Eliminate Armor Units mission, i take out the chopper first so I can start lifting enemies out.
Almost done and I died. Funny thing is, it restarted with my next to the 1st tank with everything respawned. Like, "holy ****. chopper right above me, tanks on the sides, guys walking right me laying in the middle of the road." :horror

Glad you like it. I'd say it's got the best boss fights as a whole in one Metal Gear game. The final boss fight, which is broken into about four parts, is a contender as one of the best in the series. The soundtrack for it is FANTASTIC
This, so true. I have to go back and replay it on the higher difficulties. The soundtrack though, is great. I just wish the one included with the Collector's Edition included the whole OST and not just 'almost everything' but still amazing.

Way to wake up in the morning, and find out my FOB had 20 guys stolen. **** this game, it's too easy to get screwed on it. It should be just sneaking into FOBs, and nothing more. I never steal anyone, I just want the S rank volunteers.

Back