Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should of stuck with set pieces. At least PW did that right, along with a bunch other gameplay mechanics.

Yea, it seems like they took all of the mechanics from all the other Metal Gears, (sneaking, knocking, boxes, weapons, suppressor, they way enemies act, etc)...then plopped it into an open world...then sort of sprinkled/laid story over top of it.

So you get to do all the cool stuff Snake can do, but in a boring area (after a while). Then you start to notice going to same "areas" to move the story along. Then after that, it goes back to doing the same Snake stuff in another camp.

Talking with my friend last night, a HUGE MG fan and while I have been reading spoilers, he has not...so I have wondering what he thinks as the story unfolds and about the game in general. Gameplay-wise, he feels the over. Story-wise....he is hating it more and more...saying it just seems like the game is a cop-out.

I can seem them going into a more open ended experience like other stealth games, Splinter Cell and Hitman, since you could usually grab some extra things in rooms in MGS1-3, among other things. But open world...why did Kojima do that? All of it seemed like he never wanted to go that way

11145210_1020715364625356_3126140782064804782_n.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Apparently, the MGS3 Sneaking Suit and Tux will be in the game, based on the new TGS video. Pretty sure they're gonna model it off the Hot Toys figure.

Apparently, the MGS3 Sneaking Suit and Tux will be in the game, based on the new TGS video. Pretty sure they're gonna model it off the Hot Toys figure.

Didnt see the TGS video but it was in the last Kojima trailer. I assumed it was in there already. I hope we get the note accurate wrinkled bandana too. From what I've seen the bandana in the game has no grimace lines like Snakes usually does

Didnt see the TGS video but it was in the last Kojima trailer. I assumed it was in there already. I hope we get the note accurate wrinkled bandana too. From what I've seen the bandana in the game has no grimace lines like Snakes usually does

It kinda does, but it's the hair that throws it off. It's not as messy as how Snake wears it. The bandanna itself is fine.

Back