Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think Richard Doyle was the worst Big Boss to date, even worse than Old Snake in PW :lol Didn't he have a bit of an accent in MGS4?

Actually yes, he did have quite a bit of an accent in terms of his intonation (which kinda bothered me). It seemed to carry over from his voice work of The Fury...

Not sure. Thing is, I think this game received a MASSIVE visual downgrade over the promos/Ground Zeroes. I was taking a break from hours of gameplay and I decided to pop in Ground Zeroes, and aside from the Play Dough-like textures, the game looks much better than TPP.

I also fired up a little Arkham Knight, and my God what a difference. Batman's facial expressions a(I was watching the Catwoman ending scene) had more life than TPP. I know it's trivial to complain about graphics, but TPP is lackluster, and after AK you won't be impressed. At all. :lol

It seriously bugs me how ugly it is compared to AK and GZ, and why the game feels the need to go blurry if you're too close with the camera to his character model...

For the era it came out in, it's PS3/360 level. I don't think a MGS has ever been so heavily criticized at a technical level like this one. All the others were groundbreaking for the era they came out in.

I'm 76 :lol

Cygan would have been great choice. I still prefer Kiefer to him though because he has a more distinct voice, but Cygan would have been the next best choice in my opinion.

I actually think Richard Doyle was the worst Big Boss to date, even worse than Old Snake in PW :lol Didn't he have a bit of an accent in MGS4?

Hayter doesn't know a thing about subtlety, after PW, no thanks :lol

Richard Doyle was also the voice of The Fury in MGS3 and the official who was shot by Ocelot in MPO. He also appeared on cam on the MGS4 intro as the gameshow host.

It seriously bugs me how ugly it is compared to AK and GZ, and why the game feels the need to go blurry if you're too close with the camera to his character model...

Yeah, it looks generations behind AK. It's totally unfair to compare the two, but the differences were so massive that it's hard not to point out. I fired up AK after weeks of MGSV and it was sweet heaven. :lol

It's sad because every single MGS game has been at the forefront of graphics technology, except this.

Richard Doyle was also the voice of The Fury in MGS3 and the official who was shot by Ocelot in MPO. He also appeared on cam on the MGS4 intro as the gameshow host.

Wow, I never knew that.

Speaking of which, I can't believe how much more reverence I have for MGS4 now :lol

Same here! I'm doing a playtrough of 1 to 4 as soon as I'm done with the platinum for V. I think I might have a newfound appreciation for MGS4. :lol

Such polar opposites. Not a lot of game, and too much narrative compared to too much game and zero narrative. None of the missions in V have any weight to them outside of maybe a handful. Chapter 2 serves no purpose at all, outside of the ending.

And BTW.

REX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Retarded Uncle Rex

You can kill it with gunfire, while the real REX gets blown up... lays dormant for 9 years and beats the toughest Metal Gear ever made.

He conveyed that he couldn't say more than 100 words in the game.
good enough for me
Not sure. Thing is, I think this game received a MASSIVE visual downgrade over the promos/Ground Zeroes. I was taking a break from hours of gameplay and I decided to pop in Ground Zeroes, and aside from the Play Dough-like textures, the game looks much better than TPP.

I also fired up a little Arkham Knight, and my God what a difference. Batman's facial expressions a(I was watching the Catwoman ending scene) had more life than TPP. I know it's trivial to complain about graphics, but TPP is lackluster, and after AK you won't be impressed. At all. :lol
I noticed, AK looks real good. My parents came by and were astonished. :lol

GZ's textures seem strange, yeah. I need to look at TPP again. And the games were indeed known for their visuals, MGS 4 especially for pushing the PS3 for its time.

good enough for meI noticed, AK looks real good. My parents came by and were astonished. :lol

GZ's textures seem strange, yeah. I need to look at TPP again. And the games were indeed known for their visuals, MGS 4 especially for pushing the PS3 for its time.

TBH MGS4's visuals are far more crisp than this.

Stop effin' reading my mind! :mad:

"It's useless, I told you!"

Q1EaeEz.png

"It's useless, I told you!"

Q1EaeEz.png

<Uses port 2>

BTW, not sure if many people know this, but if you use the original 2007 sixaxis controller (the one without the rumble) on the Screaming Mantis fight, the real Mantis will get upset over the loss of BOTH the Memory Card and rumble feature. The scene normally plays out with him being pleased that at least one of those features is back.

<Uses port 2>

BTW, not sure if many people know this, but if you use the original 2007 sixaxis controller (the one without the rumble) on the Screaming Mantis fight, the real Mantis will get upset over the loss of BOTH the Memory Card and rumble feature. The scene normally plays out with him being pleased that at least one of those features is back.

Yeah, I had those happen when I originally played it since my first PS3 was the fat 60GB without rumble.

The vocal chord parasites are parasites by nature. But, some parasites are actually beneficial for their hosts. Take the Wolbachiya for instance. They turn the male parasites female. However, about 30 percent of these parasites are unable to undergo the transformation.

Have I told you about my research concerning the 6th and 10th generation of the Wolbachiya?

Please listen to Cassette tapes 15 to 100 where I talk about the Wolbachiya. It is of. The utmost importance.

Ive fought Las Plagas and mastered the Parasite Eve games ( theres even a Mist unit in PE 2 ) so going in to this i felt it was very outdated and unoriginal.

I have hypothesized that the vocal chord parasites were responsible for giving mankind the ability to talk. They have existed longer than the Dine-EH. And longer than most homonids. Imagine now, if the parasites infected our a nal canals, we would be able to talk out our asses. But, it is not advantageous to vocalize from our rear-ends. Because. They are always covered. By pants. However, have you ever flatuled and it sounded like you butt was trying to talk to you? This, I believe, is another unknown strain of vocal parasites. In the butt region.

As long as we wear pants, we will prevent the vocal ass parasites from mutating our buttholes and enabling them to speak.

Back