Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a perfect world, they would get out of console gaming and sell MGS to Sony, but realistically they'll probably just put out a ton of crappy mobile games. Hopefully MGSV sells good enough to make them rethink everything.

I don't think they're selling to justify the production price tag. They'll make back their budget, but the profit won't be gigantic in comparison.

Konami Halts AAA Console Production Apart from PES - IGN

Looks like we won't be seeing Rising sequel for some time.

If that's true then their earlier statement about making console games was a. Bold faces lie.

Honestly, if they're getting out the games business then they should sell the IPs! They owe it to the fans who made them whay they are. These IPs are owned by the public/pop culture as much as to them, they can't hold them hostage like this.

God damn it this game is good, this weekend is the weekend I finish it, I can't get enough.

Btw I just got past that part that supposedly makes your ranks waver? What was the big deal? :lol

Out of everyone here, I know you'll end up giving this "10/10, best game I've ever played" by the time you're done with it :lol.

Konami Halts AAA Console Production Apart from PES - IGN

Looks like we won't be seeing Rising sequel for some time.

I wonder how long MGS V will stay online, or how long they'll even maintain the servers now that their devs aren't working on anything except ****ing soccer games.

If that's true then their earlier statement about making console games was a. Bold faces lie.

Honestly, if they're getting out the games business then they should sell the IPs! They owe it to the fans who made them whay they are. These IPs are owned by the public/pop culture as much as to them, they can't hold them hostage like this.

Whoever this CEO is, it sounds like he's running Konami into the ground, and I can't wait to hear about his firing. You can only make so much from mobile sales. I don't even know if mobile gamers have a big movement going on. Personally, I can't even recall the last time I played a game on my iPhone.

Last edited:
Well so far it is the best game I've played for this generation, it eradicates Arkham Knight completely.

But the ending will probably make it or break it. I honestly don't know what to expect of that, I do fear the worst having read some non-spoiler impressions.

But so far I've disagreed with all the opinions about pacing, story, "difficulty spikes" and stuff like that, so don't be surprised if I disagree with the ending opinions too.

Well so far it is the best game I've played for this generation, it eradicates Arkham Knight completely.

But the ending will probably make it or break it. I honestly don't know what to expect of that, I do fear the worst having read some non-spoiler impressions.

But so far I've disagreed with all the opinions about pacing, story, "difficulty spikes" and stuff like that, so don't be surprised if I disagree with the ending opinions too.

I know you will. It will be the best thing since sliced bread. Just have a phone ready to call the ambulance, in case you're at the point of collapsing from all the euphoria rushing to your brain.

I find it funny that everyone blames Konami for Kojima's firing and the game being unfinished... they gave him $80 million and 5 years to work on it... and it's unfinished? I think the blame is very misguided. Sure Konami is burning bridges right now, but to solely blame them is idiotic.

Its funny theres more scenes in the game sexualising Quiet than there is plot exposition. Actually its not funny. Its typical.

I know you will. It will be the best thing since sliced bread. Just have a phone ready to call the ambulance, in case you're at the point of collapsing from all the euphoria rushing to your brain.

Whoah, where did that come from? I thought euphoria was the theme of this place regarding the game.

3fe.gif

You can still have your edgy contrarian views m9, but allow me the right to deny the memes.

I find it funny that everyone blames Konami for Kojima's firing and the game being unfinished... they gave him $80 million and 5 years to work on it... and it's unfinished? I think the blame is very misguided. Sure Konami is burning bridges right now, but to solely blame them is idiotic.

Well, even besides that, Konami did turn into an Orwellian company at the start of this year (checking emails, reshuffling personnel and offices every week, security cameras everywhere, etc). Things like that, could've put a damper on whatever KojiPro was working on at the time. So, I'm going to give Kojima the benefit of a doubt. KojiPro made good, working games, regardless of all storyline problems. Obviously, they had a lot more more planned for MGS V that they couldn't even put in.

On another note, this is the only track I liked in MGS V's OST. I love how it sounds like it's from Western movie.

It's anyone guess right now. But, since Konami is cutting development for their console games (except PES) I don't expect that MGO will last very long.

Got this off the PS Forum... just look at all the **** that was cut from Mother Base (at 25:00 in the video). Five years in development and this is what we got. Kojima took too long to develop his "magnum opus" and Konami interfered at the last minute...

This is actually worse than the small bit of content that was cut from Witcher 3. And fans of CDPR were VERY annoyed at that. Konami deserves a lot of blame, but so does Kojima.

all those people walking around
the helicopters flying around.
the vehicles driving around
"the cool thing about mother base is that everyone's mother base will be unique depending on how you decide to spend your resources, the shape a size of mother base will vary."
animals you fulton are on Mother Base and not in a seperate tiny zoo
the defense drones flying around
that shooting range and the soldiers using it
you can train and spar with your soldiers that will raise your ability aswel as theirs
Ocelot at the top of the control tower
when you base gets attacked alarms go off and soldiers go into attack posisions

man, what happened?! Smiley Sad

And to add to this dude's list of exclusions:
-opening up the door of your chopper and seeing a flyby view of your base before landing
-seeing all of the vehicles you've captured parked in a separate area

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

I can't really put the blame on anyone since I don't know what happened for sure, but outside of PW and maybe Rising, every Metal Gear Solid has made Konami huge money, why rush the game out? I understand cutting some stuff to make a deadline but based on all the evidence that can be found on numerous forums, Kojima had to cut out a significant amount of the game, why risk ruining the game when it's guaranteed to make them a ton of money?

I can't blame Kojima for trying to make the best game possible, that's his job, but I can blame Konami for forcing him to make some significant cuts, and selling us an unfinished product, if that's actually what happened. Ground Zeroes sold over 2 million copies (not including digital sales) and in 3 days TPP shipped over 3 million copies, plus all the MGSV merchandise that they're probably making a fortune on, are they really that greedy that they couldn't wait to release the game once it was actually finished?

Back