Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [Update: trailer]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think were looking at a 1Q or 2Q 2014 release. At least will get to kill time with Raiden next year. I wonder mech will be the basis of the story. Hopefully this is the cap to the Big Boss story and at the end he starts construction of TX 55, but I hope they retcon it to be more in line with the other mechs and make it more advanced than ZEKE.

Kojima so jumped the gun advancing the tech too quickly. In the trailer, it looks like BB has a radar system superior to Soliton radar lol.

For the new "Metal Gear" (if there is one), it'll have to be more powerful than Peace Walker and ZEKE. Each game seems to up the ante on technology. But, of course, the Patriots could always use a large ocean rig to retrieve Peace Walker from the bottom of the sea, and install a different AI :lol.

Seriously, you guys think this is aggressive? Have you ever been to the General Discussion and DC sections of the board? We're extremely civil in here by comparison :lol

We don't always have to be exactly on-topic. Conversations evolve over time, and there are a lot of members who are more "direct" in their in the way that they express their thoughts. But, I am suspicious about a few of the new guys who just seem to troll the MGS threads - there's probably someone who's making multiple accounts.

Very well said.

In all honesty. I don't think my response to that guy was aggressive at all, I was just firm with my point since that guy didn't see the similarity at all to what I pointed out and it was extremely obvious.

Were in this thread to shoot the breeze and throw stuff against the wall with our ideas on this game and MGS lore in general.

Last edited:
I think the main problem is, that there are some fans who have a hard time accepting Big Boss and Solid Snake as two different individuals. That dude was obviously hardcore over Big Boss - enough that he had completely skipped over what we were discussing.

I'm just annoyed at the fact that Kojima is trying so hard to emulate Big Boss as the Solid Snake of the 60s and 70s. Solid Snake fought and saved the world from Metal Gear, so that means that Big Boss has to do the exact same thing? But, not only that, but Big Boss' mannerisms have to be exactly like Solid Snake's? From the way I see it, it seems as if Big Boss is the clone of Snake and not the other way around :lol.

But, on that note, a host doesn't have to share the exact same traits as their clones (or vice versa). Liquid and Solidus had completely different personalities and ideals. But, especially Solidus, who was a "perfect" clone, but fought with patriotism and national pride in his heart - two things that Big Boss had never believed in. In fact, those were the two ideals that Big Boss had spent his entire life fighting against.

Now this is where Kojima really screwed up the narrative. Solid Snake only had the recessive genes of Big Boss, but somehow managed to be exactly like him. Inconsistencies abound greatly! :lol.

Last edited:
I think the main problem is, that there are some fans who have a hard time accepting Big Boss and Solid Snake as two different individuals. That dude was obviously hardcore over Big Boss - enough that he had completely skipped over what we were discussing.

I'm just annoyed at the fact that Kojima is trying so hard to emulate Big Boss as the Solid Snake of the 60s and 70s. Solid Snake fought and saved the world from Metal Gear, so that means that Big Boss has to do the exact same thing? But, not only that, but Big Boss' mannerisms have to be exactly like Solid Snake's? From the way I see it, it seems as if Big Boss is the clone of Snake and not the other way around :lol.

But, on that note, a host doesn't have to share the exact same traits as their clones (or vice versa). Liquid and Solidus had completely different personalities and ideals. But, especially Solidus, who was a "perfect" clone, but fought with patriotism and national pride in his heart - two things that Big Boss had never believed in. In fact, those were the two ideals that Big Boss had spent his entire life fighting against.

Now this is where Kojima really screwed up the narrative. Solid Snake only had the recessive genes of Big Boss, but somehow managed to be exactly like him. Inconsistencies abound greatly! :lol.

:goodpost::exactly:

It's irritating when people don't admit that Big Boss is exactly like Solid Snake in many ways.

No one remembers the plot of MGS1 is to not be ruled by your genes.

I hope at some point they shed light on why they told Liquid he was inferior...

I guess Campbell, Rose, Naomi, Otacon, Olga and even Sunny all say "Kept you waiting huh?"
Or maybe it's just his way of breaking the forth wall. considering the last major new metal gear solid title that was released for consoles was in 2008

I get the whole villian x has a metal gear and you have to fight it does get old. why can't the game with good job soldier come on home?
There is not much info about big boss before operation Snake eater. Why did he enlist or was he conscripted?

Now this is where Kojima really screwed up the narrative. Solid Snake only had the recessive genes of Big Boss, but somehow managed to be exactly like him.
Solidus was too perfect. Instead of playing his role as the president. He rebelled just as Big Boss did. Where as solid snake is more than likely a By product of his environment.

Solidus was too perfect. Instead of playing his role as the president. He rebelled just as Big Boss did. Where as solid snake is more than likely a By product of his environment.

Well, there are really two major differences between them. Solidus loved America and sought to free her from the Patriot's control, while Big Boss could have cared less about the Patriots (or even America for that matter) - he fought for himself and established Outer Heaven so that he and other soldiers could live their lives in isolation from the rest of the world. As seen in Peace Walker, Big Boss only went head-to-head against The Patriots when his back was against a wall. So, unlike Solidus who staged a massive ploy to destroy the Patriots to reclaim his country - what Big Boss did wasn't a rebellion. It was more along the lines of a petty squabble, or a philosophical disagreement with Zero about The Boss' true ideals, that soon lead them to fight against each other (with Zero always being the main aggressor) - sort of like two little punk kids on a playground who start to wrestle each other to the ground, because they can't agree on who's the most powerful Pokemon :lol. It's rather pathetic if you think about it.

As for Solid Snake, he and Otacon went off the grid and created Philanthropy to stop the government from developing more Metal Gears. So, it's not like he was just going with the flow and blindly following orders. Snake might have started off that way (in the early years of Metal Gear 1 and 2), but he really grew into his own person as the years progressed.

Or maybe it's just his way of breaking the forth wall. considering the last major new metal gear solid title that was released for consoles was in 2008

That was the reason for the line in the first place in MGS2, but not acknowledging it for a nod to MGS1's artwork is retarded. He CONSTANTLY pokes at the previous games in the sequels. MGS2 is the biggest example.

OMG ! this song is just amazing

https://youtu.be/_oXKQi2lP44

Unfortunately, that's a fake, bro. That same song was used for a cut-and-paste MGS HD trailer last year. The guy who made the song keeps disguising it as something official when it's not, and it keeps reappearing on YouTube like bad acne whenever there are new MGS announcements. Just watch out for it next time :lol.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKsOSSVqL94[/ame]

So it is stupid useless Chico... ughhh were dragging the dud that Peace Walker was into this game, what a shame.

Day/Night cycle will rule. Their really GTA'ing this thing up with that and the sandbox.

Looks like it will be RPG-ish, in that it's simulating day/night transitions. Cool!

You know that thing about loading screens? not true

During a special stage event at the Tokyo Game Show today, Kojima Productions shared new details on Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.

Here’s the breakdown:

∙ Loading is always done in the background, so it’s basically an open world where loading screens do not exist.
∙ The exception to this is when you travel by helicopter—there a loading screen will be inserted.
∙ There will be many Grand Theft Auto-style open worlds, and these are connected by helicopter.
∙ The video that has been released is of the prologue stage, so it’s a small open world. There are bigger ones.
∙ The game has a concept of time, so it varies from morning to afternoon, and then to night in real time. [This could mean "game time," I'm not sure.]
∙ Before using the FOX Engine on other titles going forward, they want to create the standard with open worlds.

https://gematsu.com/2012/09/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-has-many-open-worlds

Any new updates? Can't wait for this game!!!

So, who's the genius here? Kojima or Shinkawa? I always thought the game design is from Shinkawa and Kojima is simply where the stories come from on top of directing the games.

thats probably the last update we'll get for a while unfortunately. TGS is the last game show of the year if i recall correctly

Yeah we are in for a long haul. Probably about 6 months before we get anything else and it will just be some weird tech demo (think cutting watermelons for Rising) and then E3 will roll around and we will get some Cinematic trailer to which people will complain that they want to see game play so they will eventually show that and the graphics will looks the same as the cut scenes. We wont get any real story and plot details until we are about 5 months from launch.

It always goes like this and it sucks to think after we play the game the plot of Big Boss story will have maybe moved an inch from the last time we saw him but it will still be better than 99% of the others games out on the market.

True, but at least Kojima has a track record of being able to keep secrets from the public, unlike most devs, for better or worse.

Unfortunatly we know too much too early about things. Id prefer it to be like RE6 where we hear about it and it released in under a year. Koji Pro, you find out and wait 3-4 years :0

Unfortunatly we know too much too early about things. Id prefer it to be like RE6 where we hear about it and it released in under a year. Koji Pro, you find out and wait 3-4 years :0

Also true, but RE6 was really the only time Capcom ever surprised us out of nowhere like that. I too would enjoy established franchises doing this more often.

I just hate in in general, such a long wait is unbearable and puts too much pressure on the game.

Look at FF XIII Versus or The Last Guardian, thats just horrid!

Back