Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [Update: trailer]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, he failed since he never intended on answering these questions. He should have concentrated on a great story rather than trying to pump out answer's.

Listening to his fans is a gift and a curse

you can tell MGS4 was meant to be the last one. It went over the top in all the story telling because Kojima was trying to tie every last story question, while trying to keep it believable. he sort of failed in the believable bit, but the ending would have been amazing had snake offed himself.

He backed himself in the corner with the story telling in mgs2 mgs 1 was simple .

Just the fact he pussed out pissed me off more than the ****ty scene after.

They could have at least made the gunshot come from BigBoss' Patriot

I thought the gun miss fired? The chamber is back like its out of ammo and you heard it fire before they cut away. I could be wrong but that was my impression.

I thought the gun miss fired? The chamber is back like its out of ammo and you heard it fire before they cut away. I could be wrong but that was my impression.

well you here the gunshot and see Snake pussying out. I assumed Snake fired in he air

well you here the gunshot and see Snake pussying out. I assumed Snake fired in he air

I just don't get why if he decided he couldn't do it why he would even bother firing the round.

I always wished they had it so you had to pull the trigger on Snake as the camera pulled back like when they made you shoot the Boss in MGS3

The stories are so amazing everyone in here is ****ting on them and the direction they've taken?

Not everyone.. As much as I liked MGS1 & 2, I like Big Boss more as a character than Solid Snake. To each his own.
No complaints here, as the upcoming game is another Big Boss-protagonist game. :clap

****ing hell this just reinforces what I was
on about re the new graphics developments removing all characteristic of the persona. Lame. :(

Totally agree. He looks just like any of the other random bearded tough guy characters these days. None of Snake's characteristic features. Very lame.

Sorry if it has already been discussed but anyone else notice the kid pulls the headphone jack out of his chest?
Yeah. it looked kind of infected. Not sure if its the lighting though.

I'm not a hardcore fan of any gaming series. I play games because they're entertaining. And yes, the stories are basic. You see the same forumla in 90% of action films that come out on any medium. Adding in a **** ton of info and characters does not make a story complex or add to it's concepts. It only adds more **** to sift. If I'm not mistaken Kojima himself is on record as saying he makes this **** up as he goes and has never had a plan for the series story.
QFT

Don't we for George Lucas?
Lucas can't write. Different subject completely

He backed himself in the corner with the story telling in mgs2 mgs 1 was simple .

:exactly: Also the game needed more of this
Metal-Gear-4.jpg

and less of this
gc10.jpg
Boring...

I love MGS2, but their was a lot of homosexualness in it.

Vamp was banging the Marine Commandant.

Raiden was very twink-ish.

President Johnson grabbed Raiden's junk.

Raiden's nudity and lack of a peen-ess (if you've seen his character model in The Document of MGS2)

I love MGS2, but their was a lot of homosexualness in it.

Vamp was banging the Marine Commandant.

Raiden was very twink-ish.

President Johnson grabbed Raiden's junk.

Raiden's nudity and lack of a peen-ess (if you've seen his character model in The Document of MGS2)

Always hated vamp his character can't stand the design or the voice actor who voiced him .

Not everyone.. As much as I liked MGS1 & 2, I like Big Boss more as a character than Solid Snake. To each his own.
No complaints here, as the upcoming game is another Big Boss-protagonist game. :clap

That's because Peace Walker was your first MGS game :lol. Most of us who played MGS 1 and 2 prior to the release of MGS 3 favor Solid Snake a lot more. It's not really a popularity contest between the two Snakes, but it was just apparent in MGS 3 that Big Boss' personality and appearance were modeled too closely to Solid's - lacking originality in that sense. He did have a bit of character growth in Peace Walker though, I'll give him that.

That's because Peace Walker was your first MGS game :lol. Most of us who played MGS 1 and 2 prior to the release of MGS 3 tend to favor Solid Snake a lot more. It's not really a popularity contest between the two Snakes, but it was just apparent in MGS 3 that Big Boss' personality and appearance were modeled too closely to Solid's - lacking originality in that sense. He did have a bit of character growth in Peace Walker though, I'll give him that.

"Kept you waiting huh?"

And even the lifted goggle scene in the trailer is based off Snake's title screen artwork from MGS1...

Kojima rips himself off...

Do we constantly need to rip off Snake so Big Boss retroactively does the iconic Solid Snake stuff first?

Sorry to use the MGS novel cover as reference but it's the clearest representation I could find...

aenxq8.jpg

That's because Peace Walker was your first MGS game :lol. Most of us who played MGS 1 and 2 prior to the release of MGS 3 favor Solid Snake a lot more. It's not really a popularity contest between the two Snakes, but it was just apparent in MGS 3 that Big Boss' personality and appearance were modeled too closely to Solid's - lacking originality in that sense. He did have a bit of character growth in Peace Walker though, I'll give him that.

I Figure if you have a Clone, he would react almost like you, inheriting most of your actions & Thoughts.

I Figure if you have a Clone, he would react almost like you, inheriting most of your actions & Thoughts.

It's just a cop out to put it that way. Kojima's stories for MGS are becoming dud after dud and he's just re-using old material.

Last edited:
looking at that promo pic on page 30 he finally grew his stache to connect to his beard , he looked like a wierdo in peace walker

"Kept you waiting huh?"

And even the lifted goggle scene in the trailer is based off Snake's title screen artwork from MGS1...
So every character person who's lifted Night vision goggles off their head in the same manner as snake is copying him?

So every character person who's lifted Night vision goggles off their head in the same manner as snake is copying him?

Easy there newbie. In case you missed the context of the conversation, we were discussing about how Big Boss was modeled after Solid Snake. Quite frankly, you'd have to be blind to not notice it.

Last edited:

I guess Campbell, Rose, Naomi, Otacon, Olga and even Sunny all say "Kept you waiting huh?"

Know what your talking about before you type a response. Your obviously not on our level of a MGS discussion. Stick to talking about Call of Dootie.

Back