Medicom Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hasbro picture isn't fair though, it's in the box and not posed. Yeah, the Medicom will be better, but not THAT much better. I think the guard was one of the better hasbro figures.

We need to see what is under that robe: armor, blaster, suit and tie, a bra etc:duh. Hope he is not naked...:google

moredesignfail.jpg

The Hasbro picture isn't fair though, it's in the box and not posed. Yeah, the Medicom will be better, but not THAT much better. I think the guard was one of the better hasbro figures.

Yeah. I agree, the Medicom looks better, just not 6x-7x the price better. To be fair to Medicom, I think their Vader and their Sandtroopers are 6x better than Hasbros and worth the price, but not this one.

If it was $60 or $80 maybe I'd see it, but not $125.

Yeah. I agree, the Medicom looks better, just not 6x-7x the price better. To be fair to Medicom, I think their Vader and their Sandtroopers are 6x better than Hasbros and worth the price, but not this one.

If it was $60 or $80 maybe I'd see it, but not $125.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

idol-07-winner-truth-ucs.gif

I've got to admit, I'm a little tired of the "too short" argument as well. Nothing personal Carl, but as I've posted several times in other threads, Medicom is probably truer to "real life averages" scale than any other company. They may be "too short" to fit with the offerings from other companies, but that is not their fault and certainly, they are under no obligation to "fit in" with the rest of the crowd. And 95% of the time, we are talking about .19" which could be easily offset with some good poses and shelf display so that they "fit in" just fine. :peace

My god i was starting to think i was the only one.:winner

I can't think of any reason why anyone should still, at this point, be surprised at Medicom's price point. Its clear that it was set a while ago and its pretty clear that it ain't changing.

+ I agree with Lonnie. The size difference issue is growing mold on it, it is so stale.

It's so 2005 isn't it?
:clap

It actually does look very similar to the Hasbro version. Medi's quality of course is far superior but I can bet a futzed Hasblo wouldn't look much different.

As far as the price is concerned I'm sure it's not a surprise to anybody, much like the crappyness of the Buck body wasn't either but people still commented on it. Same thing in regards to Medi's scale.

My god i was starting to think i was the only one.

I also don't care about size. No need to display RAH and Sideshow together. I love RAH, have all their OT troopers and Vader and intend to get Royal Guard as well. My Praji will be taller than the stormies but I'll display him on another shelf. No big deal.

That may be but thats the way it is. I sure as hell don't like paying 100$+ for HT and medi figs but i'm not going to constantly cry every time something comes out thats expensive.

And i am calm i'm just tired of it and i think a few of you need to hear it.

I don't understand this hate for Medicom with SS fans?? And yeah,they never complain about HT's prices.These are the dumbest excuses for not buying Medi figure.

I also don't care about size. No need to display RAH and Sideshow together. I love RAH, have all their OT troopers and Vader and intend to get Royal Guard as well. My Praji will be taller than the stormies but I'll display him on another shelf. No big deal.

I'm just not anal enough to care about .02 inches.

That's all well and good and you're entitled to it. Just don't expect folks to stop pointing out the obvious simply because it's old hat.

We do the same thing every time... because Medicom does the same thing every time...

Maybe the onus should be on THEM to make their figures truer to 1/6 and have more rational, sliding-scale pricing?

Don't be so touchy.

Ahh.. I see,your just playing getback games.:rolleyes:

Those of us complain about SS's products because there warranted complaints.Not because we're trying to be one sided on the products we buy?

Last edited:
Ahh.. I see,your just playing getback games.:rolleyes:

Those of us complain about SS's products,because there warranted complaints.Not because we're trying to be one sided on the products we buy?

:lol I'm a hell of a lot more impartial than you are, sonny. I'm critical of Sideshow all the time around here. I'm sure it's even gotten me on "the list" a time or two. :monkey3

If people like you and Krayt weren't half as defensive about all things Medi we wouldn't have a problem. But there is absolutely no balance to your arguments. 99.9% of the time you're bashing Sideshow/praising Medicom.

The funny thing is that I probably own more Medicom figures than either of you. I'm just such a hater. :lol

Back