Medicom Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope it is. But I have seen absolutely no evidence to warrant even the slightest hope of these figures being under 150.00. Medicom has done more intricate characters for the Marvel license for 90.00. I believe it is the LFL license AND the demand that is making the prices on Star Wars stuff stay so high. I would bet a paycheck that they are not under 149.99..before shipping.

The LFL license is not the reason behind $150 vs $90. Their licensing fees are not quite THAT extensive, especially for overseas markets.

Bring this baby!!
royalguardeq2.gif

meh, I can wait for ssc's version w/ this character. Since RG only stands still most of the time in the movie, even SSC's buck is sufficient for that purpose. a snow trooper or a speeder bike scout would be more exciting produced by medicom.

Never mind the price,I'm more concerned with the lack of variety Medicom is offering in their Star Wars line,it's not like they release many figures each year and all but 2 of the RAH figs so far have been armored.
What about the likes of Han Solo,Princess Leia or a 2nd attempt at Luke Skywalker? Where's their TPM Obi-Wan to go with Maul? Where's the RAH droids or aliens,the VCD Yoda and Wicket are both great so why can't they add to that with the likes of Greedo or Bossk?
Sideshow got a lot of flak (some of it from me) for taking so long to announce any armored characters but IMO Medicom deserve similar treatment for making little else.
Do their sculptors really suck that much that they are scared to attempt another unmasked human?

Nicely done for what it is, but I never really got the appeal of the Royal Guards. Visually speaking, they're as boring as it gets.

i can not believe what i read , is amazing to read that there are people who will complain, always the same with medicom, always find something , i ask these people : "you hold shares of sideshow ? , you work for sideshow ? , or are simply fan's of the mark ?, because if so, seek support and say positive things and not constantly attaking another rival brand, with comments misplaced and did not help anything to which we are " real " fan of star wars !!!!!!!!. moreover these people buy medicom !!! so i do not understand if both complain , not buy more anymore ..............i joined this forum to share and enjoy the passion that is " star wars ", and not to criticize a company that tries to deliver the best for their fans in all world .
i think there are many members they do not know or do not remember as the figures were made years ago, if you want return to those years , i was there .................................... peace brothers , think before writing . :D:D

Medicom are good at making the armored figures. My only concern is when ROTJ Palps will be released we'll have to get a pair of these red guys...

This figure would look really good if they would straighten out the robe at the hem down there. In ROTJ they touch the ground and have a very smooth drape, while in ROTS they don't have as much length but also don't have as much fabric, so there's nothing to bunch up. This one must be from Episode IV, because it's got too much material for ROTS but it's not as long as ROTJ.

Still pretty cool though.

Looks pretty cool to me. I like the material and he will go really well with Medi's other SW offerings.

...Maybe the onus should be on THEM to make their figures truer to 1/6...

I've got to admit, I'm a little tired of the "too short" argument as well. Nothing personal Carl, but as I've posted several times in other threads, Medicom is probably truer to "real life averages" scale than any other company. They may be "too short" to fit with the offerings from other companies, but that is not their fault and certainly, they are under no obligation to "fit in" with the rest of the crowd. And 95% of the time, we are talking about .19" which could be easily offset with some good poses and shelf display so that they "fit in" just fine. :peace

This figure would look really good if they would straighten out the robe at the hem down there. In ROTJ they touch the ground and have a very smooth drape, while in ROTS they don't have as much length but also don't have as much fabric, so there's nothing to bunch up. This one must be from Episode IV, because it's got too much material for ROTS but it's not as long as ROTJ.

Still pretty cool though.

The good thing is that it has a wire on the robe which could help posing it better. From what I know ROTS Royal Guards had openings for hands on both sides, ROTJ Royal Guards only on right side. :)

I can't think of any reason why anyone should still, at this point, be surprised at Medicom's price point. Its clear that it was set a while ago and its pretty clear that it ain't changing.

+ I agree with Lonnie. The size difference issue is growing mold on it, it is so stale.

I can't think of any reason why anyone should still, at this point, be surprised at Medicom's price point. Its clear that it was set a while ago and its pretty clear that it ain't changing.

+ I agree with Lonnie. The size difference issue is growing mold on it, it is so stale.

:lecture:winner:winner

Aside from the obvious improvement in articulation, I don't think it looks that much better than the Hasbro version, certainly not $100 more.

Back