Medicom Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no problem paying 135$ for this guy. Bring on the emperor next medi, I also like that he comes with a blaster so i would think he's got a holster under there.(too cool to pass)

rahroyalguardgw2.jpg

Looks nicely done but I'm sick of armored figures so won't be buying.
Maybe I'd be more tempted if Medicom made a ROTJ Palpatine to go with it but frankly that's not a figure I see them making unless the next Lucas re-edit of the film has Palps in some sort of armor.

Last edited:
I simply don't understand how some people can be ok with spending $150 on a figure like this. (undersized, at that.)

Plastic helmet + red robe + gloves + body + weapon = $30 tops.

Got a wire in it just like vaders, needs to be straightened is all. We should get more pics when medicom updates their site tomorrow.

$135 may be my limit for this. I think if it wasn't Medicom it should be what IJ said: $75-99. There just isn't much there.

Why is everybody complaining about the price? A year from now this figure, Medicom's or any other company's, will be as cheap as dirt on eBay. The character has a moderate following. Few will want to pay 150.00 for it.

That being said...I am getting 3 while they are still 150.00 so that I don't have to wait. Short or not, they will look good with a ROTJ Palpatine.

Why is everybody complaining about the price? A year from now this figure, Medicom's or any other company's, will be as cheap as dirt on eBay. The character has a moderate following. Few will want to pay 150.00 for it.

That being said...I am getting 3 while they are still 150.00 so that I don't have to wait. Short or not, they will look good with a ROTJ Palpatine.

It's something to complain about.:rolleyes:(we all know what medi SW figs cost, like it's big news or anything)

I wonder if this means a blue version is coming. Although i would have no interest in that.

It's something to complain about.:rolleyes:(we all know what medi SW figs cost, like it's big news or anything).

$150 for a figure as simplistic as this is a legitimate gripe.

Then again, we're all assuming that will be the price. It could conceivably be less.

Then again, we're all assuming that will be the price. It could conceivably be less.

It's not new news all Medi SW figs cost the same regardless of how "simple" it is.

Don't like don't buy, let the people that are continue to talk about it in the thread without the same old jargon. I swear it's the same old ^^^^ every time a new medi SW fig is released.

"It's too much $" " It's too short" ETC. ETC.

Well no ^^^^ are you just finding this out now? God damn it gets old. (and i'm not pointing just you out.)Price is a factor on a lot of peoples minds but this is Medicom so it's not anything new it should be expected.

It's not new news all Medi SW figs cost the same regardless of how "simple" it is.

Then that's just dumb.

And I think you need to calm down a bit and accept the fact that people have legitimate concerns. "It's Medicom. You should expect that" is not a valid excuse.

Then that's just dumb.

That may be but thats the way it is. I sure as hell don't like paying 100$+ for HT and medi figs but i'm not going to constantly cry every time something comes out thats expensive.(and yes you should "expect" it with medicom", it's been that way since 2004)

And i am calm i'm just tired of it and i think a few of you need to hear it.(cause you do the same ^^^^ing thing every time, surprised a big PASS wasn't posted lol)

Last edited:
That may be but thats the way it is. I sure as hell don't like paying 100$+ for HT and medi figs but i'm not going to constantly cry every time something comes out thats expensive.

And i am calm i'm just tired of it and i think a few of you need to hear it.

That's all well and good and you're entitled to it. Just don't expect folks to stop pointing out the obvious simply because it's old hat.

And i am calm i'm just tired of it and i think a few of you need to hear it.(cause you do the same ^^^^ing thing every time)
We do the same thing every time... because Medicom does the same thing every time...

Maybe the onus should be on THEM to make their figures truer to 1/6 and have more rational, sliding-scale pricing?

Don't be so touchy.

Been that way since 2004 ain't going to change. Maybe you guys if you're so bothered by it should email medicom instead of ^^^^^ing on a SS board?

Oh you're so cool brewster!

Here i'll do it for ya IJ then you can leave and not be bothered by medicom's evil prices anymore.

url

LOL

I hope it is. But I have seen absolutely no evidence to warrant even the slightest hope of these figures being under 150.00. Medicom has done more intricate characters for the Marvel license for 90.00. I believe it is the LFL license AND the demand that is making the prices on Star Wars stuff stay so high. I would bet a paycheck that they are not under 149.99..before shipping.

Back