Medicom Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The good thing is that it has a wire on the robe which could help posing it better. From what I know ROTS Royal Guards had openings for hands on both sides, ROTJ Royal Guards only on right side. :)

All true. In this case, it wouldn't even really need a wire for standing poses, as it would be harder to get a natural drape, but then it would be super useful for dramatic poses, so yeah I guess it is a good idea. Thanks for reminding me. :cool:

I've got to admit, I'm a little tired of the "too short" argument as well. Nothing personal Carl, but as I've posted several times in other threads, Medicom is probably truer to "real life averages" scale than any other company. They may be "too short" to fit with the offerings from other companies, but that is not their fault and certainly, they are under no obligation to "fit in" with the rest of the crowd. And 95% of the time, we are talking about .19" which could be easily offset with some good poses and shelf display so that they "fit in" just fine. :peace

coverfail.jpg

:lol

Besides what we are seeing I would imagine there is also a costume underneath the robes. Medicom doesn't like to scrimp on details and I think there is probably a lot of hidden detail as well.

Still a Royal Guard isn't a figure I'd drop a lot of cash on, but I still think it looks quite nice.

Whatever Krayt. I own the Hasbro and I can futz it to look pretty darn close to the Medicom. Only thing missing would be the better Medicom body.

The helmet on the Hasbro looks good... but the T-Rex arms and blanket material definitely aren't working.

The helmet on the Hasbro looks good... but the T-Rex arms and blanket material definitely aren't working.

Arms definately are a failing, but the material looks pretty darn close to me. Hasbro indeed uses too fluffy a material, but per Medicom tradition (Maul and Jedi Luke) I don't expect them to get it right either. The fabric in these pics look pretty fleecey too.

"Hardly"? When have you ever said anything even remotely critical of Medicom? And when have you not jumped out of your garters the moment anyone else had a nit to pick??

Maybe you should visit medi-world more and you would know that i was not too happy with boba at first and i had my gripes about maul as well.(both are still good figures, i just don't cry constantly)

epic_fail.jpg

We need to see what is under that robe: armor, blaster, suit and tie, a bra etc:duh. Hope he is not naked...:google

Maybe you should visit medi-world more and you would know that i was not too happy with boba at first and i had my gripes about maul as well.(both are still good figures, i just don't cry constantly)

epic_fail.jpg

:lol Let's have a FAIL contest! So much more fun...

wallmartfail.jpg

Back