Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did I miss now?:google

Anyways, I am not digging the Indy figure. The sculpt is way off and there's no resemblance to Harrison Ford. I am sure the costumes will be great as is expected of Medicom. As for Jones Sr. the sculpt seems dead-on. This has to be one of the best likenesses that come out from medicom yet? I am definitely getting him unless of course, sideshow does a figure with a better likeness and a cheaper price.:D

Hold out for the SSC version Josh... You know it's a character that's at the top of the list to be done in the Indy mythos. It'll happen sooner rather than later. The Medi Connery had me tempted as well but that price and the fact that you won't reall be able to pose him with Junior (besides the aforementioned sidecar in the other thread that shall not be named:monkey3) will have me watching him from the sidelines... But please be sure to pose pictures if you do get him.:D

I will probably order Jones Sr. and wait to see when SS comes out. If it is announced and comes out within the same time period I'll just cancel my order for the Medicom piece. I know SS will do it but its just a matter of how long after. My patience sucks. :lolIf I do keep the order I will post pics no doubt. :)

Yeah but the dollar was weak when the ep2 clone just went up for sale at 149$
Don't be surprised if these are 149.99$ when they go up at SS.But i don't know anything about the indy license so that may factor in more or less as well.I wont be surprised if they're 150 or 175.

Yes, but the Clone's cost could be absorbed a bit because of being used multiple times. They may have been able to keep the cost close to what the other troopers cost because most of the figure is reused.

I think we can only judge from the lastest Medi to go up for sale and that was Motoko. She's $175 and a much simpler figure and I'm sure a much cheaper license than Indy.

I think we can only judge from the lastest Medi to go up for sale and that was Motoko. She's $175 and a much simpler figure and I'm sure a much cheaper license than Indy.

Although she is on a new body developed with Kaiyodo... I think that was part of her price increase. I guess the real test will be what Sideshow lists them for which as we've seen in the past isn't always the same as MSRP.

I'm still holding out some hope that SSC will distribute with a $150 price tag which would be around $130 at a secondary retailer. For $130, I'd probably bite the bullet.

I personally think that both figures are awesome.I will be getting Indy for sure.I have 3 1/6th figures, Medi Boba,Medi Maul,and SDCC Anakin.I will be selling the Anakin because I am not happy with it.I really enjoy the Medi figures.This is a easy purchase for me because I don't buy alot of figures as I am very picky.I would rather spend high dollar on a few figures that I am really happy with rather than have a room full of figures that I feel are subpar.
I guess I am saying I would rather have quality over quantity.I hear alot of +++++ing here about the prices of this stuff,and all I can say is suck it up and be a true American which is to go in debt over collectible swag or anything for that matter,that's what us greedy selfish materialistic Americans do: spend!!:rotfl:rotfl Face it,if you don't spend 177 bucks on this , you'll just spend it on something else speeding ticket,beer,some new kicks,...an abortion
I kid I kid!!:D

just tossing this out there mate, Before you go and sell him, with a simple body swap( Cuz lets face it, the Buck Sucks), Anakin can really shine. Have a look here, Once i get my camera back in a few days I'll be adding more shots
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31104
There is also the phenominal head resculpt that darren did for him as well. I've got my Jedi Ani next to MY Evil Ani, and well, the jedi version Definitely outshines him by leaps and bounds. ( Due to poseability I mean)

Although she is on a new body developed with Kaiyodo... I think that was part of her price increase. I guess the real test will be what Sideshow lists them for which as we've seen in the past isn't always the same as MSRP.

she is? is there any more info on her now body design? like where i could see it?

Her and some of the other Anime figures have new designs... I don't know if its very extensive. But the proportions are more in keeping with the style of the animation like Fist of the North Star and Dragonball Z.

I know she was part of that, but I don't know how different she is from other RAH females.

Just as i suspected 149$ on ebay.

If it's going for that in HK i would expect no more than that from SS.(we shall see)

These look great! If you are an Indy fan, I dont think you could go wrong with these, or the SS version. Just a matter of preference!

Since it seems to be the 'in' thing to do around here, I will give my personal opinion on which I prefer:

Medicom! This is not due to brand loyalty or any of that craziness. I just prefer proportional figures. I give the likeness to SS, its very good! But to me he looks like he's about 5 feet tall in terms of body/head proportions. Medi seems to have pulled off a good stylized feel of the character, which is their usual approach to sculpting (for those that have not noticed). Think of it as a mild caricature. Even though it doesnt capture Ford exactly, it successfully captures Indy.

Not all appreciate that approach to figures and prefer likeness. To each his own. Whatever your taste, this is a good time for indy fans. Cant wait for the movie!!! :bunnydanc

Well, thanks to Sideshow having the license (and unveiling a possible homerun with their first Indy figure) I certainly don't feel the NEED for additional figures from Medicom or anyone else. However, as an Indy fan who's been starved of good products for many years I would definitely be temped to pick up both of the Medicom offerings if they were in the $100 range.

If SS wasn't producing Indy figs I'd be all over these two, even at $150. I have been wanting a decent Indy for too long. But I'm so glad we have a couple companies making these so we can pick and choose.

I think we all would.

4 me personally the SS Indy is a Home Run and the best one you can buy. He looks to be properly proportioned as to the correct height of Ford and on a NEW body too. :) The sculpt is just freaking awesome the clothing looks great (jacket could use to be beat up a little more). The extra items you get also are a big factor despite getting all the items with Medicom I want specific Indy's in my collection. I don't want a stylized version of Indy. I want Ford as Indy something SS captures and Medicom did not.

Now, having said that again the Jones Sr. figure is freaking awesome!! Maybe still a touch stylized but I think that is more due to paint. The rest of the figure looks very nice (bow tie and hat are my two issues with the rest of the figure). You can't knock the likeness at all its awesome!!

Back