Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely I'd buy one if they were the only game in town... I'd still be a bit bummed about the price. But, thats the hobby. Luckily for us there are figures to choose from, and that also helps to keep both companies on their game.

clothing of the 2 is fantastic , like their faces , may have differences , but if i were :chew:chew:chewfan of indy buy both !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2355478786_a0f5e9c068_o.jpg

In the image on the left I can see a curvature in the nose like Ford's.The photo on the right is a crappy pic imho and the curvature is lost for some reason,but I can definitely see it in the other pic. I can't wait for more detailed photos.It looks great.

I too see the bent nose... and medicom has finally answered my prayers! the neck and head is one piece!!

Kinda sorta Ven. if you take a look at the shirt color on the picture with the hat, you can see he's still got the standard medi two-part neck ( Which I prefer for the record, ) As the collor on the shirt on the right side has come to rest just under the lip of the bottom of the neck.
He clearly has a two piece neck ( Whoo hoo!!! I hapen tolike the medi nec )
Just a longer neck on the head. How this will effect poseability remains to be seen.

Indy looks great to me (except for that hat :monkey4) and I get the "cartoon" vibe from Dr. Jones Sr.

I'll wait for Sideshow's Jones Sr. not a big fan of the character for a $150 price tag. I may consider getting Indy though....

What did I miss now?:google

Anyways, I am not digging the Indy figure. The sculpt is way off and there's no resemblance to Harrison Ford. I am sure the costumes will be great as is expected of Medicom. As for Jones Sr. the sculpt seems dead-on. This has to be one of the best likenesses that come out from medicom yet? I am definitely getting him unless of course, sideshow does a figure with a better likeness and a cheaper price.:D

You took the words right out of my mouth...one of Medicom's best sculpts is the Henry Jones Sr...

Now how about some Nazis to go with them?

It'll never happen...:(

Kinda sorta Ven. if you take a look at the shirt color on the picture with the hat, you can see he's still got the standard medi two-part neck ( Which I prefer for the record, ) As the collor on the shirt on the right side has come to rest just under the lip of the bottom of the neck.
He clearly has a two piece neck ( Whoo hoo!!! I hapen tolike the medi nec )
Just a longer neck on the head. How this will effect poseability remains to be seen.

ah ++++!!!

Medicom really needs to do away with those straight hands. No one really stands with their hands so awkwardly positioned like that. I would suggest a more relaxed hand position.

man, missed out on a lot of new stuff, seriously, the henry jones figure rocks, if the product version stays true to the proto (generally the case with medi) that will be on my buy list. Indy, however, looks weird, its weird that neither the ssc or medi version has nail the ford likeness IMO, I wonder if there is some sort of licensing agreement that there is to be no 100% ford likeness? Anyways, if medicom is willing to add more figures to the indy line, I hope they will do a short round, it would be very easy for them to use the RAH220 body to create him.

its weird that neither the ssc or medi version has nail the ford likeness IMO, I wonder if there is some sort of licensing agreement that there is to be no 100% ford likeness?
Oh, come on...

I hope they will do a short round, it would be very easy for them to use the RAH220 body to create him.
Heck, they could use the RAH301 for Short Round and it'd be in true 1/6 scale. :monkey3 (Now, now, guys... it's a JOKE)

The unpainted SS Indy sculpt is the closest any company has gotten to Ford's likeness. The paint apps for some reason makes him look puffy to me.

Medicom's doesn't look like Ford to me at all but an unpainted sculpt may look different.

I don't know what people are looking at. I see Harrison Ford in BOTH sculpts, especially Trevor's Sideshow one (which, admittedly, lost a lot with the prototype paint app).

Now... the hat on the Medicom Indy is an abomination of head-scratching proportions, however. I'm honestly surprised that more people don't harp about that, especially considering this will be a $150-180 figure. In fact, the hat on Hasbro's $20 Indy is actually more accurate and better-looking than Medicom's. :google

Last edited:
I wonder if its partially the photography that is affecting the look of the Sideshow sculpt. Its hard to imagine he would look puffy just from paint when you look at the raw sculpt.

I like them both. For real though? $177 ?!?!? :google No thank you! If Sideshow's prices were to go up like that I would say the same thing. Time to move onto PF's if that happens. For the record though I actually like them both. I really like the Sean figure.

It's impossible NOT to like the Henry Sr. sculpt. Medicom really nailed that one. In fact, I think it's their best human actor likeness to date. Even better than their Temeura Morrison/Jango sculpt.

Henry does have a great sculpt and your right about the hat Irish. I still struggle to see Ford in the sculpt though. I think it's mostly in the eyes.

It's impossible NOT to like the Henry Sr. sculpt. Medicom really nailed that one. In fact, I think it's their best human actor likeness to date. Even better than their Temeura Morrison/Jango sculpt.

I agree 100%... and here's hoping SS nails it as well for about $60-70 less.

Back