Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, works well on the Wolverine... I wonder if maybe they are limited to what they can buy from manufactures. Maybe they can't get silver ones in a smaller size?

Wolverine has a nylon zipper, the steel zippers can't be made that small. Why they think they need a zipper at all - did Indy ever zip up his jacket?

Wolverine has a nylon zipper, the steel zippers can't be made that small. Why they think they need a zipper at all - did Indy ever zip up his jacket?

Not that I recall as far as action scenes. He may have in a few none action ones though.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification Dave.

And no, I can't remember any scenes were the jacket is zipped up. Especially if you are looking for iconic scenes.

$177, ouch. :monkey4

As much as I'm digging Medi Indy, that price tag means it'll be Sideshow only for me. Love to have both, but even if SSC does distribute it, it's still gonna be over $150 at other retailers and that's just too damn much.

As we saw with the Motoko - this is the new standard price level for Medicom. Everyone's prices are affected by the plunging dollar, higher oil, etc.

Wow, if that's their new price then they can count me out for sure. I already thought MEdicom was too expensive, now I know for sure. :monkey4

That would be unfortunate if that was a new base price... still not 100% sure of that since they've had figures range from $100 to $200 for awhile now. The Marvel figures were $99.99. I couldn't imagine a jump of $80 in about 1 year.

I could see it being the new price. Medicom has always been the most expensive of all the companies and now maybe they think they can push their price up there because their product is more in demand. Whatever it is, I am not buying it. I bought their two Fett figures for retail and felt pretty ripped off- swore I would never do it again. Especially since you can usually find their figures for less on ebay.

I could see it being the new price. Medicom has always been the most expensive of all the companies and now maybe they think they can push their price up there because their product is more in demand. Whatever it is, I am not buying it. I bought the their two Fett figures for retail and felt pretty ripped off.

I agree, typically if I can get a MEdicom figure for under $100 I feel good about it (so far Fett $90, Vader $90, Luke $85, Ghost Rider $70). Seems that most figures anymore drop in price, even HT seems to be doing that as well.

If it weren't for the price tag I'd definately consider picking up a Dr. Jones, but at that price I'll just take my chances on Sideshow doing one eventually.

If it weren't for the price tag I'd definately consider picking up a Dr. Jones, but at that price I'll just take my chances on Sideshow doing one eventually.
Sideshow will definitely make a Henry Sr. And my guess is it will come with everything the Medicom one does, plus a cloth hat, open umbrella and will absolutely have his Grail Diary.

That is the state of the US dollar. :monkey4
It can't just be that. The U.S. dollar not worth 20% less than it was when Medicom figures were $149 domestically.

Yen to Dollar doesn't seem all that different than in the past... usually about 100 Yen to 1 dollar.

I think they MSRP in yen has also gone up.

I love it when price become higher for a figure...I feel like an elitist.

Can prices like these, not just Medi but SS and HT, eventually kill the 1/6 market?

If the trend continues it would eventually. The market for 1/6 is way tighter than it used to be due to the raising costs and lower demand. I think we'll continue to see higher prices and more of a niche market. It will probably go on for a long time like this, but maybe eventually if things don't level out we'll see them go the way of the dinosaur and giant Shogun Warriors.

Back