Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then i feel your pain. that's a price to pay especially for both figures. but don't we deal with this all the time....trying to figure out what can fit into our budget and what is ultimately 'worth it' ?...Not just with medicom figures.

Sadly this is true, now more than ever. It's starting to feel more like an exercise in money management than a hobby.

I guess I don't understand complaining about the price if youre not even remotely interested in owning the figure or any figures from Medicom. Seems like an opportunistic chance to put something down imo.

I think your painting people as being too absolutist... many here (including myself) collect from different companies. But when you have 2 similar products with disparate prices its easy to compare and say one seems too much.

Given current prices of 1/6 figures $90 for Indy... especially with the new body, seems like a better value.

Honestly I thought you were the #1 person who wouldnt be interested at all. Praising the Sideshow one and posting big PASS images in the other thread. None of your comments have been constructive, only to make jokes about the figure... and all of it before the price was even announced. so i guess im confused at your stance of all of a sudden being interested.

I posted the "PASS" photo because I assumed these would be $150 each. If I knew they were even more than that I'd probably have posted 7 "PASS" images. :lol And honestly, I also expected them to look a little better than they do (well, the Indy anyway).

The Henry Sr. one (aside from the horrific hat) is actually pretty awesome looking. Especially the sculpt, which is dead-on. And I've said that all along.

Neither Medicom figure is BAD (though I honestly think the SSC Indy is superior) and as an Indy collector I'm definitely tempted... but the cost is absolutely the splash of ice cold water here. I couldn't buy this Indy for $150 (now $177! :google) after spending $90 for the Sideshow one. I just couldn't reconcile it personally.

I think your painting people as being too absolutist... many here (including myself) collect from different companies. But when you have 2 similar products with disparate prices its easy to compare and say one seems too much.

Given current prices of 1/6 figures $90 for Indy... especially with the new body, seems like a better value.

I can understand your point. But honestly speaking even at the $150 mark, majority of people would be saying that the medicom one is too much (as with all their figures). So it's not like the new price hike excluded anyone out, they would have been excluded regardless.

We all know most of the Medi figures that we see imported from SS is in the $125-$150 range....in reality those are quite low compared to the figures that we don't see being imported...or even the release prices in Japan for the same figures that sideshow or sws imports.

I think it's time to accept that Medicom/Hot Toys and Sideshow will never be the same prices. Just as Sony and Toshiba will never be the same prices. Or Hanes Tshirt and an Armani Tshirt will never be the same prices. :huh

I think it's time to accept that Medicom/Hot Toys and Sideshow will never be the same prices. Just as Sony and Toshiba will never be the same prices. Or Hanes Tshirt and an Armani Tshirt will never be the same prices. :huh

Oh, I hear you on that one. Though it does seem like it's Sideshow that is creeping ever so closer to the import prices on their 1/6 figures. :google

What did someone say about the Matrix :lol:lol:cool:

:monkey3

I like the Connery/Jones Sr. but paying that price puts it out of my range (and I like your cold water analogy Irish). I'll stick with SSC for my 1/6-- until their prices creep up and then it'll just be the PF's... Of which by that time I'll have to be considerably more choosy instead of being a semi-completist.

SSC will release a 1/6 Connery/Jones Sr. and hopefully it'll capture the look as well as the Medi. As far as the accessories, I know that other releases will have them (Mola Ram with the three stones for example, Jones Sr. with the Holy Grail...etc).

I might have picked these up if they were around the same price as Sideshow, but at $177 I'll pass. There's too much I don't care for about them, Indy's jacket, the big zipper, big buttons, short pants, dark whip, the so-so sculpt with straight nose and strange big hair, the terrible hat and of course they're 1" shorter. Sure the Medi Indy comes with more relics but in the closeup pic they seem cheap and plasticy.

The Henry Jones is a better sculpt but comes with a lot less stuff and the hat looks bad. Hopefully the SS version will come along soon.

All in all these figures make me feel even more that the SS Indy is a great figure.

The Henry Sr. one (aside from the horrific hat) is actually pretty awesome looking. Especially the sculpt, which is dead-on. And I've said that all along.

That's what makes me think I'm gonna get Jones Sr. Its just really really awesome looking. The price just hurts however.

I prefer Sideshow's version based on these photos. I think the sculpt looks good, but the clothes aren't right. The zipper looks too large on the jacket as does the collar. The hat doesn't look very good either. Indy's dad, however, looks great -and that figure is tempting. The main problem is the price and that will probably keep me from buying. I would rather put that into a larger premium format figure or statue. That's getting a little high for a 12" figure.

Last edited:
That's what makes me think I'm gonna get Jones Sr. Its just really really awesome looking. The price just hurts however.

Hold out for the SSC version Josh... You know it's a character that's at the top of the list to be done in the Indy mythos. It'll happen sooner rather than later. The Medi Connery had me tempted as well but that price and the fact that you won't reall be able to pose him with Junior (besides the aforementioned sidecar in the other thread that shall not be named:monkey3) will have me watching him from the sidelines... But please be sure to pose pictures if you do get him.:D

I think they look good, and I will probably get both the Sideshow and Medicom. As for the price, it seems to me that all of the major companies, Sideshow, Medicom, Hot Toys, etc, have been going up lately. Due to the Chinese economy, price of oil, falling dollar, as has already been stated, a lot of Chinese products are going up in cost. We really only have two choices; bite the bullet and buy, or don't buy. Do I wish they were less expensive? Sure, but it just isn't going to happen for a while if at all.

Something is not right with the price.

Medicom has this listed at 17600 yen which comes out to 176$ and appears to be right.

But then boba and jango are listed at 18900 yen on medi's site which translates to 189$us.

Yet boba and jango and the others were listed at SS for 150$

I would seriously doubt this will be the retail price at SS(unless they decide to pull a MGS4 price on us)and he is listed at 20790 yen.(and he went for what? 175$ here)

So i wouldn't call that price FINAL by any means

Last edited:

Medicom has this listed at 17600 yen which comes out to 176$ and appears to be right.

But then boba and jango are listed at 18900 yen on medi's stie which translates to 189$us.

I would seriously doubt this will be the retail price at SS(unless the decide to pull a MGS4 price on us)and he is listed at 20790 yen.(and he went for what? 175$ here)

Exactly what I was referring to. Japan pays way more for this stuff than we do, yet we still find them expensive. You could even get them from retailers for $130-ish. Thats $60 already off of the retail price...at $150 we're getting them $40 off of retail.

I personally think that both figures are awesome.I will be getting Indy for sure.I have 3 1/6th figures, Medi Boba,Medi Maul,and SDCC Anakin.I will be selling the Anakin because I am not happy with it.I really enjoy the Medi figures.This is a easy purchase for me because I don't buy alot of figures as I am very picky.I would rather spend high dollar on a few figures that I am really happy with rather than have a room full of figures that I feel are subpar.
I guess I am saying I would rather have quality over quantity.I hear alot of +++++ing here about the prices of this stuff,and all I can say is suck it up and be a true American which is to go in debt over collectible swag or anything for that matter,that's what us greedy selfish materialistic Americans do: spend!!:rotfl:rotfl Face it,if you don't spend 177 bucks on this , you'll just spend it on something else speeding ticket,beer,some new kicks,...an abortion
I kid I kid!!:D

I personally think that both figures are awesome.I will be getting Indy for sure.I have 3 1/6th figures, Medi Boba,Medi Maul,and SDCC Anakin.I will be selling the Anakin because I am not happy with it.I really enjoy the Medi figures.This is a easy purchase for me because I don't buy alot of figures as I am very picky.I would rather spend high dollar on a few figures that I am really happy with rather than have a room full of figures that I feel are subpar.
I guess I am saying I would rather have quality over quantity.I hear alot of +++++ing here about the prices of this stuff,and all I can say is suck it up and be a true American which is to go in debt over collectible swag or anything for that matter,that's what us greedy selfish materialistic Americans do: spend!!:rotfl:rotfl Face it,if you don't spend 177 bucks on this , you'll just spend it on something else speeding ticket,beer,some new kicks,...an abortion
I kid I kid!!:D
A Mesa Boogie amp. :rock :lol

No way though, I am through with the debt thing. :nono

But then boba and jango are listed at 18900 yen on medi's site which translates to 189$us.

I would seriously doubt this will be the retail price at SS(unless they decide to pull a MGS4 price on us)and he is listed at 20790 yen.(and he went for what? 175$ here)

I posted in another thread about prices and the falling dollar. When Boba and Jango went up for order, the dollar was stronger against the Yen. In only the last 8 months or so, an 18000 Yen figure has increased about $36 just because of the falling dollar, so that is probably why Boba and Jango were listed at $150, but these will probably be $175 or so.

Yeah but the dollar was weak when the ep2 clone just went up for sale at 149$
Don't be surprised if these are 149.99$ when they go up at SS.But i don't know anything about the indy license so that may factor in more or less as well.I wont be surprised if they're 150 or 175.

2355478786_a0f5e9c068_o.jpg

In the image on the left I can see a curvature in the nose like Ford's.The photo on the right is a crappy pic imho and the curvature is lost for some reason,but I can definitely see it in the other pic. I can't wait for more detailed photos.It looks great.

Back