Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That very easily could be the case. I mean the higher we go the more people will say I'll just collect Dio's or PF's.

I'd probably just quit at that point, I don't really care for Dio's or PFs. So maybe I could put money towards my retirement instead :lol

If the trend continues it would eventually. The market for 1/6 is way tighter than it used to be due to the raising costs and lower demand. I think we'll continue to see higher prices and more of a niche market. It will probably go on for a long time like this, but maybe eventually if things don't level out we'll see them go the way of the dinosaur and giant Shogun Warriors.

And guess which ones will go first? I'm thinking the ones that cost the most but also look the most toyish.

and giant Shogun Warriors.

:rock:rock:rock

shoguns!.jpg

People justify the SS price increase on SW figures as licensing costs and R&D. why can't those same people take their own words on this matter?

People justify the SS price increase on SW figures as licensing costs and R&D. why can't those same people take their own words on this matter?

I usually don't buy Sideshow's explanation either. Besides, what R&D costs went into these two figures for Medicom? Obviously not properly scaled or realistic-looking hats. :monkey1

I would agree with you but weren't the Medicom Fett figures priced at $150? These are at $177.:horror

True but I think the amount of figures able to be produced may offset the licensing costs? Im not exactly sure how all that works, but logically thinking, if medicom were to only make 2 figures from the indy line, wouldnt those two have to be the ones to absorb all of that cost?

There comes a point where no matter what the reason, the price isn't justified. Too expensive is too expensive, whatever the rationale.

I guess I don't understand complaining about the price if youre not even remotely interested in owning the figure or any figures from Medicom.

I guess I don't understand complaining about the price if youre not even remotely interested in owning the figure or any figures from Medicom. Seems like an opportunistic chance to put something down imo.

I guess I don't understand complaining about the price if youre not even remotely interested in owning the figure or any figures from Medicom. Seems like an opportunistic chance to put something down imo.

Actually, were it not for the price I WOULD be very interested in getting both of these as a big Indy fan/collector. Especially, Henry Sr. which looks great. The price is the #1 deterrent. So of course it's an issue.

That's the problem, I am interested. :monkey2
Exactly. But I'd admittedly have a hard time paying $149 for these as well. IMHO, neither figure is worth more than $100. Maybe the secondary-market will shake them down.

That's the problem, I am interested. :monkey2

Then i feel your pain. that's a price to pay especially for both figures. but don't we deal with this all the time....trying to figure out what can fit into our budget and what is ultimately 'worth it' ?...Not just with medicom figures.

Actually, were it not for the price I WOULD be very interested in getting both of these as a big Indy fan/collector. The price is the #1 deterrent. So of course it's an issue.

Exactly. But I'd admittedly have a hard time paying $149 for these as well. IMHO, neither figure is worth more than $100.

Honestly I thought you were the #1 person who wouldnt be interested at all. Praising the Sideshow one and posting big PASS images in the other thread. None of your comments have been constructive, only to make jokes about the figure... and all of it before the price was even announced. so i guess im confused at your stance of all of a sudden being interested.

Back