Maybe we can have a nice discussion about prices???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this over at RS, so here goes again:

The day SSC releases ANH Tatooine Luke for $85.99 is the day I will start worrying about price gauging.

I confess I raised my eyebrows over the price of Plo. It's still not a problem for me, but I did think twice about it. Although the thought of not getting it lasted a couple seconds. :lol

I think it would be nice if Sideshow gave a reason for the price increase, but I doubt they will and I'm okay with that too. Now here's my real reason for posting...and people aren't going to like it...

I personally would prefer higher editions with lower prices. But I know alot of people don't like that idea, and I can understand why. So let's not flame over this position. I seriously doubt it will ever happen, so lets not raise our blood pressure over my lil opinion pallies. :D

Agent0028 said:
...I personally would prefer higher editions with lower prices. But I know alot of people don't like that idea, and I can understand why. So let's not flame over this position. I seriously doubt it will ever happen, so lets not raise our blood pressure over my lil opinion pallies. :D

I may be called a pleb, but I personally agree with you.

Agent0028 said:
I personally would prefer higher editions with lower prices. But I know alot of people don't like that idea, and I can understand why. So let's not flame over this position. I seriously doubt it will ever happen, so lets not raise our blood pressure over my lil opinion pallies. :D
Im on that boat.
I never PLAN to flip anything.
So up the ES and drop the price :rock

Count me in on higher sizes and lower prices! Even at 9k, SS Maul is still produced in a smaller number compared to Hasbro.

Don't we basically already have the highest edition sizes on a 12" line with the highest prices? The ES on the non-exclusive figures are what, like 7500 to 9000? That's pretty high for sideshow lines. The regular versions are not exactly flying off the shelves so to speak. I think Luke is long gone, but the newer figures are pretty easily had I believe.

Not flaming in any way Agent, but I wonder how much higher these would have to go for us to see a price drop. 20,000 or more? I just wonder if sideshow could sell this many through the means they are using now. (online only) Again, certainly not flaming, I'm all for a price reduction :D , I just wonder where this line would have to go in order for it to happen.

Darth Rage said:
I just wonder where this line would have to go in order for it to happen.
youre definitely right.
I believe the only way that could happen would be if they went into mass market chains like TRU, Walmarts etc and I think the price tag is to high to feasibly do that.

DarkArtist81 said:
WORD

I agree as well.... I'm happy as long as I have one, AND as long as people keep wanting me to paint them! :lol
[Bucky Katt]Not me, baby! I'm not happy unless I get one and NOBODY ELSE DOES! I want an ES of ONE, for ME! MWAHAHAHAHA![/Bucky Katt]

(Did I mention that I prefer lower edition sizes?)

:D

Man, after reading Darth Rage's post, and re-reading mine, it occured to me...are we getting flame phobic around here or what? It's like we wave a little white flag then step out with our hands up saying, "Don't shoot it's just my opinion."

:rotfl

Joking aside, you're cool Rage, I'm not really afraid of being personally flamed, I just didn't want to be the post that sent a nice discussion about price points to a flame war. [/Joking aside] That would make me a flamewarmonger.

No Flaming is this tread please. this is the NICE discussion tread.:lol

If you can't play nice you don't get to play at all.:lol

mfoga said:
No Flaming is this tread please. this is the NICE discussion tread.:lol

If you can't play nice you don't get to play at all.:lol

Haha.. I can see it now. By this time tomorrow there will be a new thread called "Maybe we can have a MEAN discussion abut prices!!!"

Coheteboy said:
Haha.. I can see it now. By this time tomorrow there will be a new thread called "Maybe we can have a MEAN discussion abut prices!!!"

Nah...it'll be the same thread but it'll have de-evolved into a flame war. It's inevitable. :rolleyes:

I'm all for a flame-phobic board. It might cut down on the amount of posts that have to be edited/deleted. However this thread hasn't even come close to a flame thread yet.

And I think Flamephobic will be the name of my next WoW character...

Im extremely happy that this thread hasnt gone down in flames. All that bs has really kept me being a lurker and not an active member.

Well, welcome to being an active member, and thanks for opening the discussion on such an interesting topic. I wish all of the Star Wars figures would retail for 49.99 + S & H, but I can understand why they don't. I just hope that the price we see for the Endor Rebel troops is about the cost for the Storm/Clone troopers, given that Sideshow will be able to re-use much of the armor sculpting and provide paint variations. I hope that prices don't continue to escalate too much more either, as I would have to reign in the lines I am collecting, and I don't want to sound the part of a spoiled child, but I like the diversity of my collection. I like being able to get Buffy, LOTR, SW and the occassional Horror figure, and I would hate to see one of them get the axe.

Seaward said:
I just hope that the price we see for the Endor Rebel troops is about the cost for the Storm/Clone troopers, given that Sideshow will be able to re-use much of the armor sculpting and provide paint variations.
I just thought about the fact that maybe the price increase is help ofset the cost on higher price figures. Maybe they are trying to make it so all are about $60. They can make more on the rebels to make up the small amount they make on another figure down the line. I know this is a hope but its not something I have seen done in the business world. Look at Electronics, the margin on a T.V. maybe on the low end but that cable you buy for $30 has a cost of maybe $5-$10.

Seaward said:
I like being able to get Buffy, LOTR, SW and the occassional Horror figure, and I would hate to see one of them get the axe.
dont think for a second that the high sales of the SW & LOTR lines dont help fund/keep alive some of the smaller lines. Im sure those lines that bring in a lot of revenue make it not as painful to produce the lines that dont sell nearly as many.
and as a huge Universal Monsters fan, Im all for the SW line bringing in a ton of $$. Maybe its fueling my MONSTERS! :mummy

Back