Mattel DC Classic Movieverse 4" line shown at NYCC!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I genuinely don't understand how the penguin came out looking so good, especially after that disastrous toy fair sample.

It actually looks like the prototype which is rare for a Mattel product

I genuinely don't understand how the penguin came out looking so good, especially after that disastrous toy fair sample.

It actually looks like the prototype which is rare for a Mattel product

Then let's hope catwoman looks on par with penguin!,

Penguin has arrived!!!! Our review should be up in a day or two, but here are a few preview pics to give you an idea of just how awesome this little guy turned out! (Oh... and DiFab- He looks GREAT with the Kenner stuff!)

And even though I stand by what I said about Multiverse Batman being a solid figure right out of the box... I did pick up an extra this weekend to do some fixes on. Shaved down the rabbit ears and thinned out the neck a bit. Now I am overall quite happy with him!

Sallah

The modified batman looks much better. I wonder how the Reeeve's superman is going to turn out.

Sallah, were the arms on your second Batman assembled wrong as well?

So far every pic I've seen online has them the wrong way. Most reviewers don't seem to even notice.

Picked up 2 each of the Keatons at Walmart for 8.97 :) TRU can shove their 14.99

I found a whole bunch of this wave at Toys R Us. They had atleast 7 '89 Batman figures, a few Zods and the unmasked variant. I picked up two of the best '89 Batman figures they had.

Toys R Us price matched Amazon's $8.97 price. :yess:

How far the action figure quality has fallen.

I've seen the fall over the past few years and as an occasional action figure collector (been concentrating on Hot Toys) it's really disappointing to see how its been. Marvel was ON TOP with their Toy Biz Marvel Legends....then Hasbro took over and they haven't ever been back to their former glory.

Mattel had everyone excited when they finally branched out of their "DC Superheroes" by the Four Horsemen (who were popular for designing Mattel's newer "Masters of the Universe" line). I remember getting Azrael, Batman, Superman, practically the whole line. The articulation was pretty sharp and would work to improve but the sculpts and paint jobs were top notch for a cheap figure!!!

Now...just horrible...sad...Mattel, Hasbro, most of these companies hardly care anymore...

See? Crawford's review didn't even mention the misassembled arms. How in the world can you miss a detail like that?

I found a whole bunch of this wave at Toys R Us. They had atleast 7 '89 Batman figures, a few Zods and the unmasked variant. I picked up two of the best '89 Batman figures they had.

Toys R Us price matched Amazon's $8.97 price. :yess:

Awesome price. Did you price match it to a '89 batman or to a different batman like the arkham city one. My TRU won't price match unless its the same exact thing and they check the bar codes. For under 10 bucks I'll definitely pick up this Batman and Penguin.

How far the action figure quality has fallen.

I've seen the fall over the past few years and as an occasional action figure collector (been concentrating on Hot Toys) it's really disappointing to see how its been. Marvel was ON TOP with their Toy Biz Marvel Legends....then Hasbro took over and they haven't ever been back to their former glory.

Mattel had everyone excited when they finally branched out of their "DC Superheroes" by the Four Horsemen (who were popular for designing Mattel's newer "Masters of the Universe" line). I remember getting Azrael, Batman, Superman, practically the whole line. The articulation was pretty sharp and would work to improve but the sculpts and paint jobs were top notch for a cheap figure!!!

Now...just horrible...sad...Mattel, Hasbro, most of these companies hardly care anymore...

Indeed, in fact, instead of picking current figures, I went to ebay and snatched a couple Kenner Batmans, the turbo jet and the mech wing bats, a cool supes batman two pack and TAS Batmobile...

Couldn't be happier and I'm sure almost none of the current figs (of this line or any other) could make me feel this satisfied.

Sallah, were the arms on your second Batman assembled wrong as well?

So far every pic I've seen online has them the wrong way. Most reviewers don't seem to even notice.

They were actually right on that one... It has been 50/50 on the ones I have seen at stores.

Unfortunately, I only have one "Unmasked" so far... and he had 2 left forearms. :( I can't switch them around to make a correct one, so I had to use a forearm from the Batman I bought to customize to fix it. The interesting thing is that the parts are all marked with "L" & "R" when you disassemble them, so I am really not sure how so many are showing up wrong other than really bad QC. :(

Sallah

They were actually right on that one... It has been 50/50 on the ones I have seen at stores.

Unfortunately, I only have one "Unmasked" so far... and he had 2 left forearms. :( I can't switch them around to make a correct one, so I had to use a forearm from the Batman I bought to customize to fix it. The interesting thing is that the parts are all marked with "L" & "R" when you disassemble them, so I am really not sure how so many are showing up wrong other than really bad QC. :(

Sallah

That's just unacceptable for a 'adult collector' figure.

I just picked one up from Amazon for about 12 shipped. It looks like they sold out again but I'm sure they'll eventually get back in stock and I'm sure it will be like $8 when the demand dies. I'll probably pick more up when its lower priced.

Here is the link if you guys want to keep checking:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J6245M2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think the second and third picture are pretty funny. Sorta reminds me of the original kenner versions.

Awesome review Sallah! Penguin looks much better than I anticipated which is great. I'll definitely pick up any of the Burton toys they release if they can keep the quality about the same.

You mentioned in your review that you had a custom penguin. Do you have any pictures of it?

The way the unmasked Keaton head turned out has me a little worried,but I hope they do more Burton figures.
I'd love to see Jack joker....and Bob the goon. :D

Back