Mattel DC Classic Movieverse 4" line shown at NYCC!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked one up from Amazon for about 12 shipped. It looks like they sold out again but I'm sure they'll eventually get back in stock and I'm sure it will be like $8 when the demand dies. I'll probably pick more up when its lower priced.

Here is the link if you guys want to keep checking:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J6245M2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think the second and third picture are pretty funny. Sorta reminds me of the original kenner versions.

Not sure what figure the other pictures are, but its certainly not this figure, plastic cape too.

Wonder what that figure is?

Not sure which figure that is but I think its probably just a really early prototype that they never released.

That's a mock up. Looks like they used one of the DCIH figures as a template.

DC Infinite Heroes

The mockup was most likely the Public enemies Batman painted black with a new sculpted Keaton head/cowl, logo, cape and belt by a Mattel employee. For final product purposes, I believe the figure was sculpted by 4 Horsemen artist, Chris Dahlberg (possibly in zbrush).

Amazon just delivered mine and my initial reactions to this are great. I seem to be lucky enough to not have the backward arm plates. However my grapnel gun is bent at the handle. Since it is a softer plastic I could probably use a blow dryer to heat it up and shape it properly. The cape is what surprised me the most. I know Sallah mentions it in his review that its a really good cape but it just caught me off guard at how nice it feels. I haven't seen a cloth cape done this well in this scale. Looking at this makes me disappointed that Mattel didn't choose to make a 6 inch version.

Just scored two Penguin figures at Target. It's by far the best figure of the line. It's really nice.

It looked like these are really hitting in mass now. They had one Unmasked variant, but I passed on it because I wasn't impressed with the Keaton likeness (or lack thereof). Batman and Zod were out in full force. I noticed a variation too. These new revision case batches with Penguin in them have new Batman and unmasked figures. The paint apps are less splotchy and more clean, the belts are darker and it looks like the grapple gun is inserted above the figure instead of below. The gun sits in an actual tray now instead of being warped into the plastic. Just an observation.

After a few days of store hopping, I managed to score myself Penguin. He has some pretty decent paint apps for such a small figure, so I'm pleased. It's kind of a big deal to me to finally own an action figure representation of my favorite Batman villain from the original film series.

That said, despite seeing him at several stores, I still can't bring myself to pick up the Keaton Bat. They have all had awful, sloppy, and bleeding paint on both the face and emblem. If I see one with clean lines and straight eyes, I'll grab him, but until then, no deal.

I just got the Batman Returns Penguin and I have to say I love the sculpt. Unfortunately he looks out of scale with Batman. You can really tell when you put them side by side and compare their head sizes. Any word on when catwoman will hit? I really hope they add an Alfred, Max Schreck, Vicki Vale and Knox to this line. It would be awesome to see those characters in toy format since we've never got them before as far as I know.

Yeah I saw a bunch of Batman and Zods for $9.99, So is it only Toysrus that is charging $14.99? I thought that was MSRP. Although seem to remember when the New Spiderman and Captain America Marvel legends hit Target they were initially $15 like the previous ML wave, but quickly adjusted their prices a few week later to new MSRP of $20.00, so I wonder if this just temporary that the DC Multiverse line will be priced $10.

Back