Mattel DC Classic Movieverse 4" line shown at NYCC!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why couldnt they make these 6 inch! I'll still get the batman stuff though but I would have loved a 6 inch version. I wonder how much Mattel is going to charge for this.

Reeve looks best. Looks like HT really did achieve quite a feat by landing Nicholson's okay, considering the fact that he's nowhere to be found in this line-up.

Why couldnt they make these 6 inch! I'll still get the batman stuff though but I would have loved a 6 inch version. I wonder how much Mattel is going to charge for this.

Mattel seems to be done with 6" at retail... But I'll take the 4" stuff. Little less pricey (hopefully) and more likely to get vehicles. I would never feel the need to display these with other 6" figures even if they were 6", so it really doesn't matter to me which scale they went with... as long as they look good in the final product. :)

Sallah

Reeve looks best. Looks like HT really did achieve quite a feat by landing Nicholson's okay, considering the fact that he's nowhere to be found in this line-up.

That is the one drawback of the line... I doubt we'll ever get Nicholson Joker. :(

Sallah

Yeah I'm kinda glad they're done at 6 inch. I'm hoping someone else gets the rights to 6 inch stuff. I think the hot wheels 1/18 scale batmobile would work really well with these 4 inch batman. Yeah I don't think any company is willing to shell out extra money in a line for his likeness. I was hoping for NECA to make a 1/4 to go with their 89 Batman but it looks like it won't happen.

Mattel seems to be done with 6" at retail... But I'll take the 4" stuff. Little less pricey (hopefully) and more likely to get vehicles. I would never feel the need to display these with other 6" figures even if they were 6", so it really doesn't matter to me which scale they went with... as long as they look good in the final product. :)

Sallah

To be fair, though, it is kind of odd; especially after we just saw a 6" '66 line. Perhaps some people may have wanted him in scale with the other film and TV Batman stuff they've already done (and Superman, as well, I suppose)?

That is the one drawback of the line... I doubt we'll ever get Nicholson Joker. :(

Sallah

Well, though I like seeing these classic licenses get some much needed you attention, if I had a choice, I'd gladly take HT Nicholson over something like this.:lol

Yeah I'm kinda glad they're done at 6 inch. I'm hoping someone else gets the rights to 6 inch stuff. I think the hot wheels 1/18 scale batmobile would work really well with these 4 inch batman. Yeah I don't think any company is willing to shell out extra money in a line for his likeness. I was hoping for NECA to make a 1/4 to go with their 89 Batman but it looks like it won't happen.

I kind of wonder if NECA won't be able to do 7" '66 figures, now that Mattel is seemingly done with the 6" license.

I thought Mattel said they weren't done with the '66 figures. They just didn't have anything new for 2013 and weren't ready to announce 2014 stuff.

Ugh, that kinda stings that those aren't 6".

Penguin, Superman and Zod look terrific.

I think the face sculpt on catwoman looks pretty good but her costume seems off. Its been forever since I've seen Returns though.

I kind of wonder if NECA won't be able to do 7" '66 figures, now that Mattel is seemingly done with the 6" license.

Mattel may not be as done with '66 Batman as the "Ask Matty" team implied... It appears the Mattel Retail team doesn't agree:

https://www.actionfigureinsider.com/mattel-is-not-done-with-the-1966-batman-line/

...with this line being caught right in the middle of the switch over from 6" scale, I think it got a little lost in the shuffle and Mattel may not have communicated with the Mattycollector.com "Ask Matty" team well enough. I noticed that just recently, it was announced that "Ask Matty" would no longer be fielding questions related to Mattel retail lines. Then we suddenly get this news bit about the retail team saying the 66 line isn't dead.... Coincidence?

Either way... Whatever the scale, I WANT this movie line SO bad!!!!

Sallah

Yeah, Penguin is the best of the bunch. First legit action figure of him too.

Batman looks terrible though. The Kenner figure had a better headsculpt (Wayne and cowled Batman). These look like dollar store toys. It's sort of a pity that Mattel finally started doing the stuff everyone wanted, but now they're not sculpted by the Four Horsemen and they're not 6" Movie Masters anymore.

And I guess Hot Toys wasn't kidding when they were bragging about the Nicholson rights. NECA said it was too much and obviously Mattel didn't pony up. That makes the 1/6 version and upcoming Mime all the more special. Makes me wonder how much Hot Toys must have paid to get that damn thing.

Penguin is mind-blowing. They knocked him out of the park.

Sallah

What is it with Mattel and Penguin, anyway? I thought the Meredith was one of the best of the 66' bunch, too, as far as initial pics went. This settles it: Mattel should solely make Penguin figures.:lol

Yeah, Penguin is the best of the bunch. First legit action figure of him too.

Batman looks terrible though. The Kenner figure had a better headsculpt (Wayne and cowled Batman). These look like dollar store toys. It's sort of a pity that Mattel finally started doing the stuff everyone wanted, but now they're not sculpted by the Four Horsemen and they're not 6" Movie Masters anymore.

And I guess Hot Toys wasn't kidding when they were bragging about the Nicholson rights. NECA said it was too much and obviously Mattel didn't pony up. That makes the 1/6 version and upcoming Mime all the more special. Makes me wonder how much Hot Toys must have paid to get that damn thing.

I am not going to judge them too harshly just yet... These are still protos after all.

Either way, I'm not expecting Hot Toys quality, or heck- even Kenner quality likenesses (those are STILL great... Kenner did likenesses on mass market kids' toys better than anybody). For me, they look to be just a fun, relatively cheap Keaton/ Reeve line that both me and my boys can search stores for and get excited about. :)

Sallah

Back