Mattel DC Classic Movieverse 4" line shown at NYCC!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. It went from one of the best looking in the wave to a complete turd in no time flat. Looks like most of the detail was wiped out completely.

I wonder what it's like to be the sculptors of these things. You make a great prototype like the one on the left. Sharp sculpt, awesome paint apps. Then you hand it over to Mattel, Mattel takes it to the factory, and the final product comes out looking like that.

Must feel like a thankless job knowing that most customers are gonna judge your work from the mass produced piece.

I was under the impression these were digitally sculpted, I had hopes that they would turn up as well as the breaking bad ones that pretty much look like the prototype.

Batman looks pretty much the same but Superman also lost a little something in the headsculpt.

Man, looks like not even that great Penguin managed to survive the China Factory mass production/Final product stage. Happens everytime.

Screenshot2014-02-16at75827PM.png

Looks like a turd holding an Umbrella. I can pass on this line.

Man, looks like not even that great Penguin managed to survive the China Factory mass production/Final product stage. Happens everytime.

Screenshot2014-02-16at75827PM.png

Ouch. Thats bad. Such a pity. That was one great Penguin.

And it could be distortion but he even looks thinner .

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Ouch. Thats bad. Such a pity. That was one great Penguin.

And it could be distortion but he even looks thinner .

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking too, he apparently lost a few pounds on the way to the factory or something.

I was really excited for this figure but I'd say it's a definite pass now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still goods good to me, as far as having a proper BR penguin in this scale its never been done so this is certainly better then nothing at all. is this starting to his shelves?

Ugh man, what happened Mattel?

_57.jpg

_57-4.jpg

_57-2.jpg

_57-3.jpg

_57-1.jpg

_57-5.jpg

Those look horrible. There's no hope for that incredible Penguin sculpt now.

Well even the prototype Keaton face looked pretty bad....but the factory took bad and made it sooo much worse.

Masked Batman looks all right though.

What happened is what always happens with Mattel's mass produced lines--sometime after the painted prototypes are revealed, they start cutting corners to make the figures cheaper. Once they get to China and go into mass production, they become pieces of ****. Sad really.

Back