Mattel BTTF 2 Hoverboard Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$120? That is slightly nuts considering what it is but not nuts enough to say no right away. Hmmm...

$120? That is slightly nuts considering what it is but not nuts enough to say no right away. Hmmm...

Nope it's nuts, its a static prop replica with no complex sculpting or hand painting, gold or bronze finish, or functioning lights and sounds. Compare it to the price of the PKE meter which you can actually handle and play around with.

Honestly who's even going to put their foot in the strap and risk bending and snapping the board.

Its a 3d styrofoam poster.

:lecture

Only way I'd consider buying at $120 is if it had a reversely polarized magnetic base (or something) that allowed it to hover on display.

Thats actually pretty easy to do, I still have my little Cloud City toy from Taco Bell when the Special Editions came out in like 97, it's magnetic and sits in this base that makes it hover.

BTW I keep meaning to get back to your PM, just still playing catch up, not ignoring ya bud.

Thats actually pretty easy to do, I still have my little Cloud City toy from Taco Bell when the Special Editions came out in like 97, it's magnetic and sits in this base that makes it hover.

BTW I keep meaning to get back to your PM, just still playing catch up, not ignoring ya bud.

Now that you mention it, pretty sure I saw a Yoda toy from McDonalds recently that used the method as well :lol

Cool dude, no rush :duff

Mattel Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Presentation and Q&A - YouTube

Skip to 14:49 into the video for BTTF details. Hoverboard will skid across most surfaces using technology similar to furniture pads. Price MIGHT be around $120.
Yeah no. Those things cost about $2 a piece at Lowe's. Really stretching the term "float" in his video. $120. . .for a mass produced piece of 2 foot long plastic with furniture moving pads built into it. Give me a break.

Michael J. Fox said that Mattel lent them real ones for the movie but they weren't produced because the liability for injury would be too high.

Are you sure the pre-order is March 1st and not April 1st? :lol

I got a chuckle out of them including a smaller version for the 6" inch figures. . . that they cancelled.

MattyCollector.com Online Store - Welcome
Mattycollector.com website has some kind of hidden clue or message on their homepage. If you move your cursor to the top right corner, the page will peel off to show part of the hoverboard along with the words TEXT. Clicking on that just led to Google.com. Not sure what all this means. Though it is not working anymore, managed to capture this earlier.

matty_page_sm.jpg

I got a chuckle out of them including a smaller version for the 6" inch figures. . . that they cancelled.
Oh come on, now you can give He-Man or Captain Marvel or Louis Tully a hoverboard, that's almost as good as actual Back to the Future figures, right? Right?

Back