Mass Effect 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that was well written. PTSD by collector abduction makes complete sense - then executed/murdered for fleeing the organisation. That conversation makes you even more mad about Cerberus. But I do prefer Chambers over Trayner, so Chambers couldn't be totally replaced :p

oh yea I agree it was well written. I wasn't complaining about Bioware's choice of doing that. I was saying that it was pretty messed up about what Cerberus did to her. Like you said, makes you more mad at Cerberus, which is good, but I don't like any of my crew dying/getting killed, even though me and Jack didn't see eye to, I didn't like her dying at the end of ME 2. Now I'm trying to find a way to save her so she can appear on my replay of ME3. the only one I didn't care about losing was Kaiden way back in ME1

The only way earth is destroyed is if you put no effort into the game.

I think anything below a 2,000 pt EMS will cause earth to be destroyed (according to IGN anyway).

In order to not even get 2k you pretty much just have to fly through the main story, and not bother with side missions.

I logged 30 hours. Not bad if you ask me. Certainly enough IMO to get a "good" ending.

The soundtrack is indeed amazing! I especially love the "An End Once and For All" song and the "leaving Earth" song. they're pretty much the same but are the best on the soundtrack IMO

Those are the exact two songs that are my favorites on the soundtrack as well!

I really enjoy those very heavy and emotional songs...and knowing the scene that was played during those songs makes me understand the song even more.

I have a question about mass effect 3. Ive been reading over the internet about ME3 and people are saying that the ending of the game is affected by how much multiplayer you play and that your "readiness" for the final mission is dependent on the multiplayer. Is this true?

Maybe it was talked about before but since I stayed away from this thread until I beat the game I don't know if it has. But I just watched the voiceover cast trailer and at the very end Martin Sheen says "stay tuned. I'm not done yet." maybe it's just the hope inside me for more, maybe Bioware did dice up the game for DLCs?? Something else to speculate on if it hasn't already been noted

I have a question about mass effect 3. Ive been reading over the internet about ME3 and people are saying that the ending of the game is affected by how much multiplayer you play and that your "readiness" for the final mission is dependent on the multiplayer. Is this true?

Mostly yes but not entirely. You can also play Mass Effect Infilitrator for iPad/ iPhone and/or play Mass Effect Data pad. These will also boost up your readiness which is what I'm doing since I don't do multiplayer.

I have put 36 hours in already and have only just finished the cerberus attacking the citadel mission. Not a short game by any means IMO! The majority of that time was spent on the citadel.

Playing multiplayer or Infiltrator allows you to get the best possible ending (BPE) with a lower readiness points total in the single player game. But you can still get the BPE without playing either... You just have to gather more assets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I thought that was well written. PTSD by collector abduction makes complete sense - then executed/murdered for fleeing the organisation. That conversation makes you even more mad about Cerberus. But I do prefer Chambers over Trayner, so Chambers couldn't be totally replaced :p

I wasn't happy about that either, especially since Kelly is my Shepard's LI, until I read that you can prevent her from getting executed (as well as prevent another possible death later on - I don't think Bioware is too fond of her) so I could continue the romance from ME2.

When/where was this conversation regarding Kelly? I seem to have missed it. :(

I think its the first time you meet her in the Refugee area. There is eventually a point in the conversation where you can encourage her to keep helping the refugees or tell her to change her identity after she mentions that she left Cerberus. If you tell her to change her identity, she shows up later with a different hairstyle and you get additional conversations with her (and can continue the romance if you started it in ME2). Also, if she confesses that TIM ordered her to spy on you, do not get mad. Nothing good will come of it.

Thanks. Too late for me to do now. Weird I never noticed her in my 2 play throughs. I'm going to do ME1 again and save Ashley. Kaidan annoys the hell out of me. Then do ME2 and then one more ME 3. Hopefully after that they will have some new DLCs.

Thanks. Too late for me to do now. Weird I never noticed her in my 2 play throughs. I'm going to do ME1 again and save Ashley. Kaidan annoys the hell out of me. Then do ME2 and then one more ME 3. Hopefully after that they will have some new DLCs.

She only shows up if you had her up for dinner in ME2. Otherwise she wouldn't be there and she has her back turned towards you so she can be easy to miss.

Also, I didn't think of it, but what conversation you were talking about -the one to prevent her from getting killed or the one about Cerberus killing her?

She only shows up if you had her up for dinner in ME2. Otherwise she wouldn't be there and she has her back turned towards you so she can be easy to miss.

Also, I didn't think of it, but what conversation you were talking about -the one to prevent her from getting killed or the one about Cerberus killing her?

I had no idea she was even in 3 so I was confused. :lol

So the only way to see her again is if you romanced her in 2? If so, won't happen...I've decided Garrus is the only one for me. :)

I had no idea she was even in 3 so I was confused. :lol

So the only way to see her again is if you romanced her in 2? If so, won't happen...I've decided Garrus is the only one for me. :)

You don't have to romance Kelly, just invite her to dinner and have her offer to feed your fish (which she'll also return since she was taking care of them). That isn't considered romancing her. Inviting her up to Shep's cabin to dance and such post-SM is what flags her as a full LI option in ME3.

Last edited:
You don't have to romance her. Just be nice and eventually have dinner with her. You never really romance her in the 2nd one, not like the others.

oh yea I agree it was well written. I wasn't complaining about Bioware's choice of doing that. I was saying that it was pretty messed up about what Cerberus did to her. Like you said, makes you more mad at Cerberus, which is good, but I don't like any of my crew dying/getting killed, even though me and Jack didn't see eye to, I didn't like her dying at the end of ME 2. Now I'm trying to find a way to save her so she can appear on my replay of ME3. the only one I didn't care about losing was Kaiden way back in ME1

Oh, i wasn't doubting you are questioning you! Apparently you can warn her and suggest a name change. I plan to do another ME3 play through in April so I can save Kelly, pick up Dr Chakwas, make a peace deal between geth and Quarians, and warn Miranda (I couldnt find her when she wanted to personally meet).

I wasn't happy about that either, especially since Kelly is my Shepard's LI, until I read that you can prevent her from getting executed (as well as prevent another possible death later on - I don't think Bioware is too fond of her) so I could continue the romance from ME2.

Yeah, I plan to redo the game so i can save pretty much everyone. Kelly was definitely an interesting character to romance.

Man, I really want to play through the whole series again to do things differently. I have too many other games I still have to play though, so it'll have to wait for now.

I just got my Galactic Readiness up to 100% so tomorrow I'm going to shoot for the "perfect ending."

Hopefully after that they will have some new DLCs.

That time frame seems about right. With all the animosity towards the ending, which I agree with, Bioware would have already announced their intentions on the ending and any DLC in the future.

Statistically, they have to do something about the future of ME3. Child's Play has already got $53,000 from Mass effect fans in response to the ending. 32,000+ facebook members are spreading awareness about sending letters to Bioware. Mass effect tweets are trending, BSN is going ape, and Forbes has sided with the issue. Other people I have noticed are now cancelling their SWTOR accounts. I don't want to assume, but there is good chance there will be closure on this issue. But if Bioware doesn't do something, my god....:monkey1

Back