Mass Effect 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just like what is says above, not just the extended ending but get "the citadel" dlc. You have to, and I can't emphasize it enough, I repeat you have to have the citadel dlc cause it really chances your outlook of the ending.

Quoted for truth! The Citadel DLC is an absolute MUST!

How does the Citadel DLC change the outlook of the ending?

I liked it as a slapstick add on and final fun goodbye to the characters, but its really meant to be played as a flashback after you've finished the game. Playing it during the main storyline would feel very strange I think.

I Finished the Game & Finally seen the Ending ..

seems like im missing something here, but i found the ending to be alright .. & With the extended Cut it's good to know humanity is rebuilding .

How does the Citadel DLC change the outlook of the ending?

I liked it as a slapstick add on and final fun goodbye to the characters, but its really meant to be played as a flashback after you've finished the game. Playing it during the main storyline would feel very strange I think.

:exactly:Citadel was a nice diversion, but it in no way helps the travesty of an ending. None of the DLC(even the Extended Cut) fixes the core problems with the ending. But at this point I just play the game pick refuse and then head canon the rest. Still sucks though, ME deserved a better ending.:(

I Finished the Game & Finally seen the Ending ..

seems like im missing something here, but i found the ending to be alright .. & With the extended Cut it's good to know humanity is rebuilding .

Glad you liked it or at least found it "alright." I'm quite please with the ending of Mass Effect. Could it have been better? Sure, but I have very little to no issues/grudges with ME3

I liked the ending to ME3 the first time around and am finally about to finish my replaying of it (after going through the trilogy over the past month or two). Curious just how different the extended cut is...

Also just finished the Citadel DLC the other day and loved it. Didn't mind playing it during the regular game too, the overall sense of sadness that it ends on is fitting with the time and place story-wise I played it. So it definitely still works during a regular play-through and not only as a post game "flashback."

I still need to play this DLC....been consumed by Bioshock..but this weekend I'm going to download Citadel and take a bittersweet walk down memory lane.

:exactly:Citadel was a nice diversion, but it in no way helps the travesty of an ending. None of the DLC(even the Extended Cut) fixes the core problems with the ending. But at this point I just play the game pick refuse and then head canon the rest. Still sucks though, ME deserved a better ending.:(

oh don't get me wrong, with the extended endings and ESPECIALLY Leviathan, I think the ME3 endings are satisfying.

I just don't think Citadel adds to the ending. That wasn't its intention after all....

Idk a out any one else but I wasn't saying that Citadel added anything to the actual ending of the game but it granted a much need closure for some of us. The Citadel ending really felt like (and was depending on when you play it) the last chance to be a full squad and engage with everyone past and present (that was still alive) before the final push on earth. If you play Citadel right before hitting Cerberus HQ (like I'm sure a lot of us did) it adds a lot to the feeling of it really being the end which kind adds to the ending. I think that's what ppl mean when they say that Citadel adds something to the ending of the game.

Back