Mass Effect 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good points from everyone.

...especially as to how your crew ended up back on the Normandy flying away and the mass relay not wiping out everything....

My feeling on it probably has a lot to do with the fact I've spent a week curiously reading (whilst avoiding spoilers) that this is the worst ending of all time and it doesn't even make sense.

Based on the sheer level of outcry I was expecting something like, 'hey it was all a dream' or the awful ending of The Dark Tower where you teleport back to the start to try again! ....or even worse (and also part of the Dark Tower) where you end up talking to the games programmers themselves who have written themselves into the story....
THAT is the badness I was expecting !

...or perhaps something as awful as seeing a giant human Reaper and having to fight it as an end bad guy :D
...how are people so angry at Mass Effect 3's ending after suffering through the ending of number 2 !?

In comparison, I was pretty happy with what I got. :D

Last edited:
Played online for a couple hours last night. It was a lot of fun. I'll definitely be putting more time into it. I wish there was more maps, but other than that..awesome!

Finished 1 again. Saved Ashley, I got Wrex...which means some sadness for me in 3 but I do believe in Wrex and Eve and that they can save the Krogans. Also saved the Council again.

Now I'm ready for 2 and I will begin my romance with Garrus. He's always had my back through thick and thin and I cant imagine my Femshep being with anyone else. This time the only thing I am going to do different is destroy the heretic Geth . I've always rewritten them in past games.

beat it today. The ending was okay I guess, but it sucks that I would have had to do extra work in multiplayer just to fully succeed in single player. I basically wasted all that time just to remain at 50%. But for me the real ending was
Spoiler Spoiler:

beat it today. The ending was okay I guess, but it sucks that I would have had to do extra work in multiplayer just to fully succeed in single player. I basically wasted all that time just to remain at 50%. But for me the real ending was
Spoiler Spoiler:

It's not work. Honest. Multiplayer is a lot of fun.

i'll give it a shot. The after credits gameplay left me (i hope) in a position where I can do the final battle again so some multiplayer to boost my rating could mean a different final outcome.

So, I started playing the first game again, and holy ____, compared to playing 2 and 3 it's like pulling teeth.

the story is still the best in the first one by a wide margin
...but the game mechanics and inventory feel like a few generations ago :D

Running around in the Mako is tedious as hell.
You spend all your time in the inventory menu comparing items if your wanting to keep your team in the best gear.
Thresher Maws are about as stupid a gameplay element as they come.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the story. I lol every time it takes longer then it's supposed to for the graphics to load, and your armor is all blurry and flat looking. There is a lot about this game that I say "what were they thinking?"

Running around in the Mako is tedious as hell.
You spend all your time in the inventory menu comparing items if your wanting to keep your team in the best gear.
Thresher Maws are about as stupid a gameplay element as they come.

All of this. Taking out the Macko was one of the best improvements between 1 and 2.

I still like the first one better then 2 or 3. I hated that they added heat clips and I loved the mako missions. it was better then scanning planets. I liked these games more as RPG's then shooters.

I am right at the end of 3. I just need to get my readiness up so I can get a good ending. I tried multiplayer and didn't like it so I'm just doing the datapad app and infiltrator.

Game informer:
BioWare issued a statement this morning saying it has made no decision regarding requests to change the endings of Mass Effect 3.

The studio published an update on its Facebook page explaining it is taking all player feedback into consideration. Below is BioWare's full statement.

We are aware that there are concerns about a recent post from this account regarding the ending of the game. In this post it was stated that at this time we do not have plans to change the ending.

We would like to clarify that we are actively and seriously taking all player feedback into consideration and have ruled nothing out. At this time we are still collecting and considering your feedback and have not made a decision regarding requests to change the ending. Your feedback and opinions are of the utmost importance to us. We apologize for any confusion this has caused.

Our top priority regarding this discussion is to keep communication with you, our loyal fans, open and productive.

On Friday, executive producer Casey Hudson published a letter online saying, "This is not the last you’ll hear of Commander Shepard." Numerous online petitions from fans asking BioWare to change Mass Effect 3's endings have surfaced since the game's release earlier this month. One fan claims he filed a complaint with the FTC.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQV02J6vOj0"]Angry German Kid Beats Mass Effect 3 [SPOILERS] - YouTube[/ame]

Lol..that cant be real though...no way he did the last mission again in 4 minutes and I saw no editing in that video.

I finally beat it over the weekend

Spoiler

I read through some past comments spoilers finally and read that article with 5 reasons. The ending is a bummer because no matter what you do Shepard dies and the Mass Effect Relays are destroyed. It doesn't really give you much closure. Personally I would have liked to see something happen in the future with my character and his LI, but even if my Character died, be able to see his line continue (like showing your LI with a child at the end, perhaps signifying that the legacy can live on, something). Just showing the few members of the crew that made it onto some sort of Jungle Paradise world just leaves me all confused and totally without all the feelings I was almost expecting. I got better closure out of saying goodbye to everyone over the vid com right before the push for the beam.

wow....

Game informer:
BioWare issued a statement this morning saying it has made no decision regarding requests to change the endings of Mass Effect 3.

The studio published an update on its Facebook page explaining it is taking all player feedback into consideration. Below is BioWare's full statement.

We are aware that there are concerns about a recent post from this account regarding the ending of the game. In this post it was stated that at this time we do not have plans to change the ending.

We would like to clarify that we are actively and seriously taking all player feedback into consideration and have ruled nothing out. At this time we are still collecting and considering your feedback and have not made a decision regarding requests to change the ending. Your feedback and opinions are of the utmost importance to us. We apologize for any confusion this has caused.

Our top priority regarding this discussion is to keep communication with you, our loyal fans, open and productive.

On Friday, executive producer Casey Hudson published a letter online saying, "This is not the last you’ll hear of Commander Shepard." Numerous online petitions from fans asking BioWare to change Mass Effect 3's endings have surfaced since the game's release earlier this month. One fan claims he filed a complaint with the FTC.

Let the speculation run rampant !! :)

Back