Action Figure threezero Mass Effect 3 Commander Shepard Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not looking good.

This figure has been long debated. It is a good figure as long you dont get the exclusive version. Headsculpt does not look anything like Shepard at all. This figure is more like a glorified play arts kai.

Even though ive subscribed to this reviewer for a long time, this time he hasnt done his research about threezero or this figure at all.

You guys should check out the Scaletta custom headsculpt over in the customs section of the board as a WIP picture has been posted and it looks amazing.

lmao.

I don't think him knowing about threezero would've helped the review at all.

if the head is EX only, then the non-EX packaging shouldn't have a slot for the ex head. it's freakin' lazy, cheap, and bad presentation for a 200+ figure.

lmao.

I don't think him knowing about threezero would've helped the review at all.

if the head is EX only, then the non-EX packaging shouldn't have a slot for the ex head. it's freakin' lazy, cheap, and bad presentation for a 200+ figure.
Unfortunately, this has been common practice for 3A and threezero for some time now.

Unfortunately, this has been common practice for 3A and threezero for some time now.
Funny thing is, some people act like Threezero is superior to HT. Jon Snow will be my first figure from them, looking forward to getting it in hand. I hope it won't have any wet paint issues like I've heard about.

Funny thing is, some people act like Threezero is superior to HT. Jon Snow will be my first figure from them, looking forward to getting it in hand. I hope it won't have any wet paint issues like I've heard about.

I didn't get any wet paint issues with my Tyrian nor Ned. I did with my Shepard figure from them. Others had wet paint with their dead space figure.

This is just for threezero we are talking about. If it's 3A, there's a lot more than a few that has wet paint issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't get any wet paint issues with my Tyrian nor Ned. I did with my Shepard figure from them. Others had wet paint with their dead space figure.

This is just for threezero we are talking about. If it's 3A, there's a lot more than a few that has wet paint issues.

If that's the case with 3A, how do their products keep making it to release? That's just sloppy and lazy. I remember hearing about the Master Chief, where even they knew it was so bad they started taking refunds.

I was kind of wanting their Optimus figure, but if they have so many issues maybe it'd be best to skip it. I wonder how Bumblebee turned out.

3A has always been lazy and sloppy. Especially Ashley wood, so far stuck up his own butt. I have the MC, and they only offered a full refund if you don't like it. That's exactly what they said. They never admitted fault about MC. In their eyes, they released a product that passed all checks.

I was banned from their Facebook account and official forum for voicing my concerns and issues with the figure. They are like China of the figure community. Wipe all negative comments and proud with all their stuff.

You are going to get issues sooner or later from 3A. Maybe you get a bad batch or something goes wrong once in your hand. My advice is buy directly from them or through a reliable seller that can offer replacement.

So what is the deal? Is this figure nice but for the ex head or is the whole thing a mess?? I personally don't care about the ex head as I would display it with half helmet. What are the thoughts on the basic figure without the ex head?

So what is the deal? Is this figure nice but for the ex head or is the whole thing a mess?? I personally don't care about the ex head as I would display it with half helmet. What are the thoughts on the basic figure without the ex head?

Theres plenty of thoughts further back in the thread, but overall, just get the standard figure. Forget the EX head sculpt.

So I don't have a good camera, so no pictures, but I received Shepard the other day and here's a couple thoughts:

While the paint isn't wet on the body, there's a slight tackiness to one of the hands. Something I was warned about, but worth mentioning anyway. The paint on the armour is fine, mostly. The red on the arm is too dark, and the white not bright enough. No red on the N7 signs at all. The weapons have the exact same colouring as the darker part of Shep's armour, with no detail work on either (except for a bit of weathering).

The omnitool won't fit on the forearm without some stretching, and the slit in the front will always gap while on, but the sculpts for the weapons and tool are great (phalanx is black though, which is a strange choice considering it's white in game). The body has ab crunching ability but the outfit stands in the way, and the hips won't go to 90 degrees (he can't sit very well), articulation is fine otherwise.

The leg armour is a bit loose, and the backside hovers about a quarter of an inch away from Shep's backside, but the sculpt is rather spot on. The shoulders hover using straps, but they don't sit at the same place on each arm, a bit off from each other. Also... no extra wrist posts, or stand, so that's sad.

I got the non exclusive for 200 including shipping and I have a spot for the exclusive head in my tray too, which feels like Threezero is taunting me a bit... overall, I have to say I like the figure, but I don't really think it's $220 and shipping worth of one.

Paint 2/5 (the muted colours and the same paint job for both the weapons and the armour make me sad, as does the lack of red N7)
Sculpting 5/5 (sculpts of the armour, helmet and weapons are really good)
Articulation 3/5 (ab crunch is limited and so is hip joint)
Playability 4/5 (articulation aside, when are we ever going to get another 1/6 Shepard?)
Overall, 4/5.

This is my first 1/6 figure (though I've fooled around with others both good and bad thanks to having a ridiculous amount of cool cousins). Hope some of this helps!

My verdict: If you get a good price, go for it. It's Shepard. If you're good at doing paint-overs, all the damn better. Have fun!

I find the lack of picture and videos of this figure disturbing.

Now when I finally got my hands on it, I was surprised that it wasn't as bad as some people will have you to believe.

Shepard 2 pieni.jpg

Shepard 1 pieni.jpg

Shepard 4 pieni.jpg

Shepard 3 pieni.jpg

shepard 5 pieni.jpg

This is the standard version. So for the time being before a better custom headsculpt comes around. I decided to use the Sam Worthington head sculpt as it looks my opinion the closest to default Shep.

shepard sam 3 pieni.jpg

Shepard Sam 1 pieni.jpg

Shepard sam 2 pieni.jpg

Nice pictures DarkKnightOmega. But you say "not as bad as people say". That is not a resounding endorsement of the figure. You are just saying it is bad but not as bad as people say. Is that what you meant or is it actually a nice figure? I ask because I am continuously tempted to buy this figure!

I find the lack of picture and videos of this figure disturbing.

Now when I finally got my hands on it, I was surprised that it wasn't as bad as some people will have you to believe.

View attachment 236523

View attachment 236525

View attachment 236528

View attachment 236535

View attachment 236538

This is the standard version. So for the time being before a better custom headsculpt comes around. I decided to use the Sam Worthington head sculpt as it looks my opinion the closest to default Shep.

View attachment 236542

View attachment 236543

View attachment 236544

Great pics. Does the head come off easily? Could you show pics of the head off the body?

Thanks
AFM

Just finished the game (little late?) and my Shepard figure is arriving in the next days.. Can't wait, just hope it's not terrible as someone described, because in your pics DarkKnightOmega72 it looks amazing!

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

Back