Mass Effect 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That time frame seems about right. With all the animosity towards the ending, which I agree with, Bioware would have already announced their intentions on the ending and any DLC in the future.

Statistically, they have to do something about the future of ME3. Child's Play has already got $53,000 from Mass effect fans in response to the ending. 32,000+ facebook members are spreading awareness about sending letters to Bioware. Mass effect tweets are trending, BSN is going ape, and Forbes has sided with the issue. Other people I have noticed are now cancelling their SWTOR accounts. I don't want to assume, but there is good chance there will be closure on this issue. But if Bioware doesn't do something, my god....:monkey1

Damn, people are little b*tches

Oh, i wasn't doubting you are questioning you! Apparently you can warn her and suggest a name change. I plan to do another ME3 play through in April so I can save Kelly, pick up Dr Chakwas, make a peace deal between geth and Quarians, and warn Miranda (I couldnt find her when she wanted to personally meet).

Yeah, I plan to redo the game so i can save pretty much everyone. Kelly was definitely an interesting character to romance.

no worries :peace

but yea I'm not redoing ME1 as I love the way I played that game and don't think I could do it any better to be honest. I am however in the process of redoing ME2 so I can get Jack's loyalty and save her to be in ME3 in which i will now also be able to save Kelly since I know how to. Here I thought i was doing the right thing by telling her to help the refugees :slap

Anyone know how to get Jack's loyalty w/o leading her on? When she came on to me, i told her no and that caused her to not be loyal. I want to keep Miranda as my LI but want to have loyalties across the crew, except for Zaeed. that dude really pisses me off

Man, I really want to play through the whole series again to do things differently. I have too many other games I still have to play though, so it'll have to wait for now.

I just got my Galactic Readiness up to 100% so tomorrow I'm going to shoot for the "perfect ending."

I've got each one at 70% right now but am shooting for 100% so hopefully by the time i get to the end of my second play through, it will all be at 100% so get the "best" ending as well.

I had no idea she was even in 3 so I was confused. :lol

also, if you accidently get her killed (like I did w/ the wrong decision :slap) and miss the conversation in the refugee camp about it, the male and female characters who were in the Engineering level of ME2 will talk about it when walking by them if you get them on your crew again

Last edited:
Damn, people are little b*tches

lol I'm sure Casey Hudson is thinking the same. Granted, donating is a worthy cause!

Anyone know how to get Jack's loyalty w/o leading her on? When she came on to me, i told her no and that caused her to not be loyal. I want to keep Miranda as my LI but want to have loyalties across the crew, except for Zaeed. that dude really pisses me off

I've got each one at 70% right now but am shooting for 100% so hopefully by the time i get to the end of my second play through, it will all be at 100% so get the "best" ending as well.

Very, very high paragon. I couldn't get her loyalty to work because of the exact same reason. I'm sure the Mass Effect wiki has detailed guidelines on how to go about this.

And the perfect ending is...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Very, very high paragon. I couldn't get her loyalty to work because of the exact same reason. I'm sure the Mass Effect wiki has detailed guidelines on how to go about this.

And the perfect ending is...
Spoiler Spoiler:

But I'm paragon all the way in ME2. the only time I've gone renegade was after I beat ME2 and got the DLC for Zaeed. Jack was already dead by then. ME3 was the first time I made more than 1 renegade decision.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So I kind of already know about the ending somewhat...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Would you say it would still be worth it for me to play through ME1, ME2, and ME3 and invest tons and tons of hours on the franchise, and getting emotionally involved with the characters? :dunno (I'm new to the series but I bought the CE of ME1 when it first came out and never played it)

I was thinking of buying the CE of ME3, but I will have to pay over inflated after market prices, and I don't know if I want to do that if by the end of the franchise I will just be depressed and angry.

I could just buy the reg version of ME3 when it comes down in price in that case...

So I kind of already know about the ending somewhat...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Would you say it would still be worth it for me to play through ME1, ME2, and ME3 and invest tons and tons of hours on the franchise, and getting emotionally involved with the characters? :dunno (I'm new to the series but I bought the CE of ME1 when it first came out and never played it)

I was thinking of buying the CE of ME3, but I will have to pay over inflated after market prices, and I don't know if I want to do that if by the end of the franchise I will be depressed.

I could just buy the reg version of ME3 when it comes down in price in that case...

as a big fan I bought the CE w/o question and I'd still by it again. I honestly think that even with the questionable ending the games are still very worth it to play. I'd definitely recommend playing the others, but I'd get the regular versions if I were you as it's prolly not worth it for you. I mean it's also do you think for you the CE is worth it? Do you really want all the goodies it comes with? I really need the artbook b/c that's the field I'm going into and will get the Universe artbook as well as the ME1 artbook. but that was my logic besides just really wanting the CE just for the sake :lol

as a big fan I bought the CE w/o question and I'd still by it again. I honestly think that even with the questionable ending the games are still very worth it to play. I'd definitely recommend playing the others, but I'd get the regular versions if I were you as it's prolly not worth it for you. I mean it's also do you think for you the CE is worth it? Do you really want all the goodies it comes with? I really need the artbook b/c that's the field I'm going into and will get the Universe artbook as well as the ME1 artbook. but that was my logic besides just really wanting the CE just for the sake :lol

Well the CE I would be buying would cost me $132.00 so I would be paying more than you did for it.

Honestly I'm a BIG fan of CE's and the CE of ME3 is right up my alley in terms of what's included. I like the upgraded case, the artbook, the comic, and even the patch. So no regret on that part.

I have the CE of ME1 and I think it's great, minus the cardboard case the game comes in.

I've heard the game's universe is just as good, if not better than Star Wars, and I was excited to get the CE for ME3, but now I hear the ending is horrible, and the gameplay isn't as grey as it used to be. Meaning their are less choices that you can make for your character. So that's all true? :dunno

I was wanting the CE in big part because I thought I would walk away from this game series and consider it one of the BEST series I have EVER played.

Well the CE I would be buying would cost me $132.00 so I would be paying more than you did for it.

Honestly I'm a BIG fan of CE's and the CE of ME3 is right up my alley in terms of what's included. I like the upgraded case, the artbook, the comic, and even the patch. So no regret on that part.

I have the CE of ME1 and I think it's great, minus the cardboard case the game comes in.

I've heard the game's universe is just as good, if not better than Star Wars, and I was excited to get the CE for ME3, but now I hear the ending is horrible, and the gameplay isn't as grey as it used to be. Meaning their are less choices that you can make for your character. So that's all true? :dunno

I was wanting the CE in big part because I thought I would walk away from this game series and consider it one of the BEST series I have EVER played.

Like Gipetto, I highly recommend this franchise, even after the rushed and void ending. I have been with the series since 2009 (PC) and have tried to get my friends involved (not their thing, apparently). To answer your question: heck yes, buy the CE and play ME1, ME2, ME3. It is a roller coaster ride of mass enjoyment. It touches on so many hard hitting issues that puts you in charge and makes you the judge, such as religion, politics, free will, sexuality, love, racism, robotics, and friendship. Mass Effect even pushes the envelope on the topic of sexuality and ethics. I would say it was first game to "explicitly" (vaguely speaking) show a sex scene with the opposite sex, and dare I say, species. On top of that, homosexuality is also discussed and can be pursued in later games. Genocide and xenophobia are also two themes that come up a lot in the series, which, obviously, you dictate. Another positive theme is friendship. You will pick your favorites and grow with them (bioware is known for this) so don't be afraid to invest tons and tons of hours on them lol!

The gameplay changes for the best in my opinion. A lot of missions are tedious as hell in ME1, but that improves in ME2, and gets refined in ME3. A lot complained that the RPG element was taken away in ME2, true, but it comes back in ME3, expect for the ending. But ME3 was amazing. The multiplayer was even surprisingly good. 99.99% of the game was great, and I'm sure I got teary eyed on some issues. So yea, as a beginner, don't let the ending ruin the WHOLE series. I can go on more about the ending, but as you said, its as good, if not better than Star Wars when it comes to lore and character development. So why skip out on the experience and journey? I plan to get into the books and comics by April, which goes to show I am still into this game even after the lackluster and confusing ending :slap

Plus, with all the backlash on Bioware right now, I would feel they have to do something (being pathetically optimistic as a fanboy) lol

Last edited:
Same here as far as CE. For me, its gotta have a cool package that fits on the shelf, have in game items, and a cool artbook or 2nd 'making of dvd'

Example of CEs I hate: Gears of War 3 and Skyrim - don't need lame plastic 'statues'

Couldn't of said it better Hush! :clap

I too think it gets better as the series progresses. Especially in gameplay. I did so much more melee and charging in on ME3 than any of the other games.

The main reason I don't want to do ME1 besides feeling like I did a pretty good job is, like you said, very tedious and not sure I feel like going back to all that after how much better the missions have become in ME2 and 3. Though ME1 has the best final Boss IMO.

I couldn't have done the games w/o a character like Garrus though. He became my right hand dude in the games and went on every mission with me. Would've hated for my LI to die but if Garrus died in any of my games I'd have to go back and find a way to keep him alive

And yea I got a little emotional towards the end...
Spoiler Spoiler:

My core male Shepard's LI was Liara, and I was completely faithful through the series. The scenes with her in ME3 were very touching and a worthy payoff for the relationship.
Garrus was my rock. One of the best friendships of any franchise. The sniping scene on the Citadel and farewell in London had me as close to tearing up as anything.

My core female Shepard romanced Kaiden in ME1 and got with Thane in ME2. I'm really looking forward to how THAT goes in ME3.

Havent gotten very far as yet...

Just 10 hours or so in, playing slowly to enjoy the new story...

I know there is going to be some heartbreak along the way

No matter how hard i try everyone seems to be desperate to spoil it for me...annoyingly...

Frankly tho, i'm loving the game, it plays brilliantly...

I know everyone else seems angry at the endings, i look forward to them because from day one i KNEW that there wouldnt be a happy fluffy ending (and with future DLC plans to further the story on, the endings we get right now are not truely the end)

I've kept with Ashley throughout ME1 and 2, cant wait to find out how it all ends for them in 3....

But, on a more angry/sarcastic note...

IF i hear one more person crying about no "happy" ending and how bad bioware are for "launch day dlc" i'm going to knock them the **** out, stick them in a box and dump them at sea....yes GAME employees in Staines, i'm looking at you...

Bioware are not the worst offenders for launch day DLC..they are just the most recent target with the high-profile game to get vilified for it

A somewhat angry yet also cheerful;

Doc

So I just finished it.

...and have no idea what everyone is complaining about.

The ending was epic and memorable. What's the problem !?

I would have liked to seen individual cut scenes for each ending choice, I don't think that would have been too much to ask for ....but the endings themslves, awesome! If they had of just gone the Star Wars 'pretty girl puts the medal around your neck' ending I would have rolled my eyes. Thats how all video games end AND they already did that in Mass Effect 1.

My only REAL gripe is that all 3 choices result in fundamental changes to the world that would make Mass Effect 4 hard to make LOL

They've said for a while that this trilogy would complete the Shepard/Reaper story, but I still want ME4 with a new character in the same world....pretty difficult ask after the finish of 3 !

Last edited:
I don't mind the ending as far as Shepard goes, but what about everyone else? It just stopped. Where's the reaction to what just happened?

On a side note,
Spoiler Spoiler:

So I just finished it.

You mean besides the plot holes and the fact that the decisions we made throughout the series ended up not affecting the ending or even mattering in the end?

I thought the ending was perfect. True, it left me with a big, painful lump in my chest, that despite having finished the game two days ago just doesn't seem to want to go away, but in no way did it ruin the game for me. Would a happy ending where everyone lived happily ever after really be better? Because I think it would just make it like every other game and ultimately forgettable.

I also don't get the comments that none of your decisions mattered. It was the choices you made in part one and two that helped or hindered you at achieving what nobody else before Shepard has: uniting all the galactic races under one banner despite their differences and animosities. More importantly those choices decided what kind of person your Shepard would be by the end.

Yes, the choices didn't really affect the very end but in the final scene you get to make yet another decision, the most difficult of all because you don't get to see how it affects your friends. It's a decision made with information at hand and with belief that what you do is the right thing. That belief, that hope is all Shepard would have so that's all what we are given as players and, I believe, the reason why we weren't shown the fate of our companions. And it's so nice for a change to have an ending that leaves something to our imagination than having it all spelled out for us. It also sets this ending apart from the previous two games, because unlike those you can't just go and reply the game to change the ending to one you like better as all the endings are vague regarding the fate your crew.

In the end though the outrage at the ending is a testament that Bioware succeeded at what they set out to do. They made a game so emotionally involving that for many it became more than just a game, I know it has for me. The characters, the locations, it all felt so real. Especially the characters, I still can't believe how attached I have become to a bunch of non existing people. It was as if I actually lived it. There are movies and books that had me involved on similar level but in the end there was always the barrier of just being a viewer or reader not a full participant. But with Mass Effect I was there, I was making the decisions, I lived through the adventures and along the way found friendships and fell in love and then experienced the pain of loosing some of those friends. There were moments of beauty and moments of hardship but never did it feel like I was just sitting in front of the tv playing a game. This is what to me makes Mass Effect not only the best game ever created but also the finest piece of popular entertainment to date.

There is so many things wrong with this ending it's not even funny.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That pretty much sums it up.

There is so many things wrong with this ending it's not even funny.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That pretty much sums it up.

:exactly:Pretty much every complaint laid out rather nicely.

Now as for the "everyone living happily ever after", that isn't really what people are asking for. They are simply asking for an ending that isn't filled with plot holes, nonsense, and contradictions that undermine the very foundations that the ME universe was built upon. While many would like a happy ending as an option, no one is saying that it should be the only ending. If you like the current ending that you chose, then you would be free to keep it. It should be a choice, which is what ME has always been about.

After investing so much more time, energy, and emotion into the characters than most other series of games demand, we get robbed of having simple closure with them. Entitlement is a word that is being thrown around a lot in the ME3 discussions, mostly with a negative connotation, but after spending over 100 hours in a universe with characters whom I have come to know and love, I do feel a sense of entitlement to know how it ends for them and the universe they inhabit.

As for happy endings being in every game, I haven’t played a lot of games that come with happy endings, but I was still satisfied with them because they made sense in the game. One such recent game was Red Dead Redemption, which had an ending that would rank amongst the best of any western game/movie/etc because it made sense. You saw it coming like a storm on the horizon that could not be avoided. After surviving it, you feel as though you have witnessed something that no one has witnessed before, seen something profound in the beauty of the devastation it left. This is the type of feeling that ME3 should have had in its conclusion. Instead, the current ending is just a whimper being drowned out by the bang.

Shadowscythe and Nuka are absolutely right. Fans of the series don't really care for a happy ending (Some do, but that reflects on how structured the ending was). We knew that **** would hit the fan in this finale - Bioware even said this would be the end of Shepard's story!

Well, I am fine with that. What fans, like myself, want are closure, consequences, and choice in the ending (endings should resolve the questions we have, not create more and consequently kill the lore). See, Mass Effect was built on these very notions back in 2007. The last 10 minutes blew that up, literally. Nuka's points are spot-on on what needs to be addressed to be a proper ending. If Bioware is still set on using the
Spoiler Spoiler:
But at the very least make me have real choice and discussion, and at least show me my consequences. Ergo, "ending" galactic civilization would be okay if the player chose that, and it followed through on how it made sense with my decisions. What I find funny is that the creativity and gameplay in the last 10 minutes was gone, which is disheartening considering how truly epic 99% of the game and series was. Felt rushed.
Spoiler Spoiler:

And don't get me started on how the reapers were brushed under the carpet (Harbinger cameo) and your war assets were irreverent. I would say 95% were not happy with the ending, hopefully (key word, because public opinion is fickle and Bioware is clinging hard on PR damage) Bioware actually rethinks what they did lol. What is interesting is how many members and fans on the BSN are actually pushing for the "indoctrination theory" right now on Bioware's "we are listening" and "we want input" threads. Definitely a slippery slope for the gaming industry if Bioware decides on changing; nonetheless, hold the line :monkey2!

Last edited:
Back