Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first instinct is to say that Jai White is too big, because Panther was more about a mixture of quickness and power--like a panther--than power alone. But I think it could work. He surely seems to have the legit agility Panther would need based on those gifs (and so it wouldn't need to be all stunt work and CGI as we see with Cap).

Michael%20Jai%20White-ALO-011347.jpg

???

I think Michael jai white would be a vicious black panther... Hells yes

How quickly you guys forget Spawn. Michael Jai White is a horrible actor. I don't think I could sit through a Black Panther with him as the lead stumbling through his dialogue with a horrible fake accent. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Now if you guys meant as the stunt double, then that's an entirely different story. :lol

Not that I care about Black Panther, but I agree. Jai White is a ____ing horrible actor, unless he's making fun of himself where the acting is supposed to be bad like in Black Dynamite.

I was gonna suggest the guy who played Conan and Drogo (on Game of Thrones) but then Google told me he wasn't black. I guess that wouldn't work.

Michael Jai White may not be the best actor, but he can kick some serious ass! Mabes they can make it where he gets his throat shredded so he cant speak halfway through the movie, like the ultimates version that way you only have to listen to him for half of it, but get him in all his glory when hes scrapping and dont even have to deal with it in Avengers 2 :lol

I've never been a huge fan of the character - but it could be interesting if they stay true to his origins.

It doesn't sound like they are planning on it if this is to be true so there goes that. I have a feeling it'll be one of those he grew up in the harsh streets of New York and finds out all of a sudden he is a king after someone dies, blah, blah.

Aw Hell Naw!! Aw Hell Naw!! Aw Hell Naw!!
I'd like to see them actually cast an actor from an African country. Too bad Djimon Hounsou is probably too old.

Robert Downey Jr proves that you can not worry about age and still be awesome. Djimon Hounsou would be my choice I don't give a ____ how old he is. Oh and agreed Will Smith should be kept away from anything and everything Marvel. Let him be a Man in Black in the corner over there.

Re: Marvels The Black Panther

All this "Hood/Urban/Ghetto" talk is unnecessary.

Exactly. So upsetting that because the character isnt "default white male" the movie & plot alone is already being typecast as "ghetto" & somehow not worthy of success. Since when did such a title become associated with only a particular racial group?

Im not even of African-American descent but reading some of these comments could most certainly offend. So I ask that some of you guys take caution when discussing this film & its offerings while being respectful of your fellow board members.

It doesn't sound like they are planning on it if this is to be true so there goes that. I have a feeling it'll be one of those he grew up in the harsh streets of New York and finds out all of a sudden he is a king after someone dies, blah, blah.

Robert Downey Jr proves that you can not worry about age and still be awesome. Djimon Hounsou would be my choice I don't give a ____ how old he is. Oh and agreed Will Smith should be kept away from anything and everything Marvel. Let him be a Man in Black in the corner over there.

seems like every person in here forgot that Will Smith already played a superhero with mixed to bad results.....
john-hancock-15.jpg

wasn't there supposed to be a sequel to that crappy movie?

Back