1/6 Hot Toys - VGM62/62B - StarWars Legends : Darth Revan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take it back I want HK-47 next to Revan.
47f4bi.jpg

Revans story ends where the game ends. Everything in that MMO with resurrection etc. can be disregarded, just purely fan service.
I'm quite good at compartmentalizing these stories. My Revan had a specific look, voice, and journey that I wouldn't want to be "canonized" beyond KOTOR in the first place. I'm playing KOTOR on the Switch right now and it's such a flashback to a bygone era. Granted, Kashyyk is one of the most annoying areas in any video game I've ever experienced (between the monkeys screaming and the Wookies yelling), and a major companion quest is perma-bugged, and it's crashed on me multiple times, and... look, it's still magical. Dated, janky, esoteric, and magical. And the allure of Revan's journey carries it for me.

I'm quite good at compartmentalizing these stories. My Revan had a specific look, voice, and journey that I wouldn't want to be "canonized" beyond KOTOR in the first place. I'm playing KOTOR on the Switch right now and it's such a flashback to a bygone era. Granted, Kashyyk is one of the most annoying areas in any video game I've ever experienced (between the monkeys screaming and the Wookies yelling), and a major companion quest is perma-bugged, and it's crashed on me multiple times, and... look, it's still magical. Dated, janky, esoteric, and magical. And the allure of Revan's journey carries it for me.
Its a journey, not a destination. It's nice having a game be a game, its better if its not cananoized because then you the player have more freedom

Its a journey, not a destination. It's nice having a game be a game, its better if its not cananoized because then you the player have more freedom
Which is why we'll probably never get another Star Wars RPG again, Disney wants everything to fit into the canon.

Which is why we'll probably never get another Star Wars RPG again, Disney wants everything to fit into the canon.
Disney has already retconned themselves multiple times so I think "canon" is just a marketing term at this point. "This new game is canon" = "please don't ignore our product, buy it please!"

Disney has already retconned themselves multiple times so I think "canon" is just a marketing term at this point. "This new game is canon" = "please don't ignore our product, buy it please!"
This is a whole can of worms, but I've long since made the efforts to downplay "canon" when it comes to stories and franchises I love. KOTOR and Rise of Skywalker are equally made-up imaginary stories. None of it is real. The idea that one "counts" more than another is ultimately just a prison of the mind. Why should I care if something great and enjoyable is canon or not? It counts on its own merits and succeeds on its own merits. There's nothing wrong with selectively picking and choosing which stories "count" for your own personal engagement with media.

Even before the Disney stuff, there was a "canon" Revan, and it certainly wasn't the black girl or Asian guy some created them to be. That's fine. Let that journey remain valid and unique in a player's heart and mind.

Last edited:
I often forget that there is even a “legends” and “canon.” It’s all one to me. What’s Disney to do when the KOTOR remake is released? Keep it legends even though it will be released to a new and HUGE audience?

Back