Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Marvels The Black Panther

Yup. And Hulk, of course.

Black Panther has been an Avenger more than Hulk, Hulk was for a few issues then not for 20-40 years then recenty i think he has been again (i'm pretty sure at least)
Yeah, I consider BP a much more important Avenger than Hulk, considering Hulk was only really an Avenger for part of a couple of issues (albeit the first two), and even then the team didn't fully trust him, nor him, the rest of the team. By issue 3, Hulk was a straight up enemy :lol

I'd like to see Black Panther done well, half in Wakanda and half in NYC. Just none of this murdering an African diplomat in the UN stuff, which has been done to death. There should also be a cool super villain. Man Ape (genetically or artificially mutated) and/or Killmonger would make for a good heavies but not the main villain. Maybe a Red Skull possibly behind the scenes pulling the strings. In addition to strength, acrobatics, martial arts, and claws, Panther should have some advanced vibranium based weaponry. For some reason I also get a bit of the Predator 2/African James Bond/Batman mash-up thinking about what might work for this. It should be what a Daredevil movie should look like, with some spectacular well choreographed fights in the jungle and on urban rooftops. This will never do Avengers-level box office but could be a solid performer if done well and with a diverse cast. Designing Wakanda and the costumes would be very cool. As a superhero character, Panther should have charisma, intellect, physical presence, charm, humor and sex appeal, as opposed to the one-note African accent and nobility. It could make a younger up and coming actor a superstar. I absolutely agree, though, no 50 cent, Tyrese, Snipes (too old), Smith, or just about any rapper. Needs to be someone who can act, looks good but also exotic. Panther would be great in the next Avengers, although he is a B-level character so shouldn't have too big a role.

Well if you're gonna say he's not a "core" Avengers guy, then I think you're restricting your list to essentially Cap, Iron man, Thor, and maybe Ant-Man/Giant Man and Wasp. He's not significantly less important than Hawkeye or Vision in my mind.

Hes just appeared in a fraction of the Avenger stories they have :rotfl
Hawkeye came in very early and has had as many or actually more appearances as an Avenger than Iron Man or Thor. Hawkeye may not be a founder, but since hes spent more time as an active Avenger then most the founding team save Cap its pretty hard to say hes "not" a core Avenger. Same goes with Vision. Putting Panther on their level of membership with his limited appearances is just ridiculous. Theres 3 Avengers with more active appearances then Hawk; Cap, Wasp, and Hank.

Oh yeah, and he better not be from the ghetto :slap

Last edited:

Too bad Idris Elba already plays a Marvel movie character. I bet he'd make a decent Panther.

Why not play both? Not like he gets tons of action as Heimdall.

Man I think I might be the only guy really excited about this announcement! I love Black Panther, he's just a bad ass! I'd love it if Djimon hounsou played him (guy from never back down) lol, he's a really good actor

I'd love it if Djimon hounsou played him (guy from never back down) lol, he's a really good actor

off-the-edge.jpg

"Join me, we'll call ourselves Avengers, it'll be fun..."

Hes just appeared in a fraction of the Avenger stories they have :rotfl
Hawkeye came in very early and has had as many or actually more appearances as an Avenger than Iron Man or Thor. Hawkeye may not be a founder, but since hes spent more time as an active Avenger then most the founding team save Cap its pretty hard to say hes "not" a core Avenger. Same goes with Vision. Putting Panther on their level of membership with his limited appearances is just ridiculous. Theres 3 Avengers with more active appearances then Hawk; Cap, Wasp, and Hank.

Oh yeah, and he better not be from the ghetto :slap
BP's been an on and off member since the late '60s, and was there for a huge chunk of time in the '70s. If you want to map out the number of issues where they appeared as teammates, then including the West Coast time, Hawkeye is possibly an Avenger in more comics than even Iron Man through the 1990s (when I stopped reading). I wasn't saying Hawkeye(/Goliath) wasn't a core Avenger, but I think Vision, Wonder Man, and Black Panther are included among that rank as well. Those are guys I always associate with the Avengers.

Yeah, I consider BP a much more important Avenger than Hulk, considering Hulk was only really an Avenger for part of a couple of issues (albeit the first two), and even then the team didn't fully trust him, nor him, the rest of the team. By issue 3, Hulk was a straight up enemy :lol

BP's been an on and off member since the late '60s, and was there for a huge chunk of time in the '70s. If you want to map out the number of issues where they appeared as teammates, then including the West Coast time, Hawkeye is possibly an Avenger in more comics than even Iron Man through the 1990s (when I stopped reading). I wasn't saying Hawkeye(/Goliath) wasn't a core Avenger, but I think Vision, Wonder Man, and Black Panther are included among that rank as well.

I was using your logic from the top post here. Panther beats Hulk out in Avenger time pretty much in a similar % that the ones mentioned in my post beat Panther in appearances. Hulk is given "core" status by most because hes a founder and hes been included in most cartoon projects as well so hes fan friendly, but honestly he wasn't really what I'd consider true core to anyone but the Defenders.Consider the short life of Defenders compared to the Avengers titles and he made over twice the appearances in Defenders in that short time. Not saying you were saying he wasn't, but I just used Hawk as example because he wasn't a founder but has been in a crapload of stories anyways.

Yeah, I get that. This is all subjective. I understand why some think Hulk is a core member, and why some think guys like BP or Wonder Man aren't. I just feel like there is a group of 8 or 9 guys that are the major Avengers in my mind. Maybe "core" is the wrong word, but Hulk was never an Avenger in spirit to my viewing. BP was, despite the fact that he had other things to do than being an Avenger and had had other allegiances. I don't consider Ms. Marvel to be as central an Avenger because she flaked out from time to time, even though she probably had more appearances as a team member than Black Panther did. Just my opinion.

I think Michael jai white would be a vicious black panther... Hells yes

I think Michael jai white would be a vicious black panther... Hells yes

Completely wasted in The Dark Knight. He could've beat the hell out of Batman. In the storyline (as a high grade/level henchman)...AND in real life :lol

If an aging Hugh jackman can keep coming back as wolverine despite his non-existant martial arts, then Michael Jai White shouldn't be a problem at all.

Man I think I might be the only guy really excited about this announcement! I love Black Panther, he's just a bad ass! I'd love it if Djimon hounsou played him (guy from never back down) lol, he's a really good actor

He would be perfect but they would need to get a move on. He is 48 now.

Back